wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

go into the spanner thingy in MO2 -->Path tab if you click the .... does it go to the correct folder?
base dir being C:/Users/{your username}/AppData/Local/ModOrganizer/Fallout 4
try deleting the 4 and putting it back then ok restart MO2.....

YEAY Gratz!!!!

NMM is/was the culprit!

I was trying to help another person on the MO2 forum and it led me to that. I'm happy I could help I will make a DERP/Problem and fixes section and add this as anyone else that was using NMM will have this issue as well.

On a side note: If you are reading this and you are thinking of using MO2 because NMM will not update mods (The reason for this whole Wiki) I will give you the solution.

Go to C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\Fallout4

remove the read only attribute from plugins.txt

edit the file and delete everything except

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.

Done. See if you didn't ask questions I wouldn't have worked that out as well..... ::D:

Oh and MO2 people DELETE it all it's EVIL NMM leftovers!!!!!

only thing that should be in there is

DLCList.txt with this in it

DLCCoast.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm

and if you run FO4Edit

Plugins.fo4viewsettings

will be generated in there

Edited by Gernash

Minor, annoying niggle. 

In the HUD, I'm getting '{Scrap} Duct Tape{{{Adhesive, Cloth}}}' instead of '(Scrap) Duct Tape' and below it 'Adhesive, Cloth'.

There's no icons replacing tags in item names anymore.

The rollups in the Pip-Boy inventory are no longer there. (Where things would be grouped into a subcategory eg. Notes in the Misc tab, Grenades in the Weapons tab.)

It still happens on a different profile and a new game. That profile only has UFO4P, AWKCR, AWKCR-UFO4P patch, DEF_UI, Val's Item sorting and Another Life, all installed per the guide.

I read through the Nexus DEF_UI page, and it's possible the 1.7 patches broke that functionality. The mod author has released the source code and won't be working on it anymore.

Is there something I can do about this, or do I have to put up with it?

Hadn't touched the xml files.

I had the above problem, then FO4Edit started playing silly b*ggers again, cue RAGE!

Gave up, backed up profiles and some patches, uninstalled MO2, cleaned out Fallout 4 game folder except for the big files, and I'll start again.

Aaaaannnnnd.... DONE!

The little icons are back! Oh, I missed you, little icons! And for some reason, everything's prettier............ 

Only had to redo everything from scratch, oh no, couldn't be easy.

Small recommendation - if previous modding and whatnot exists for FO4, nuke and pave, nuke and pave first, not third. Would have saved me a buttload of time and frustration.