wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Wait so we're no longer following the format as laid out in the preset dividers? I thought you said that was the recommended route. 

Second question: Why is Texture Optimization Project not on the list? I know you said you use it and I believe you said it helps. If that's the case, shouldn't that be on here?

Edited by Aeradom

the load order is differnt it's the right side. it's not something you need to worry about. when the next mod wiki patch comes out it will all be updated at the same time.

Just with with 2 bullet mods 2 weapon mod mods they all add multiple entries and in some cases new weapons or mods so to include them I habe to manually go through 60+ entries in 6 mods and hand make a compatability patch so they all work together.

At the moment only 15-20 weapons can function with loads and most of the cut weapon weapons are not visable

Then I have to make VIS patches soooo I'm just sayin that I'm changing the end load order so I can simplify the patches and make the overall load simpler for others to make patches with their own mods(those people are the quiet ones that know stuff and are roffling at the sticky tape n glue patches)

the green theme for MO2? that is internal to MO2 it will always be green

Not changeable

Edited by Gernash

the load order is differnt it's the right side. it's not something you need to worry about. when the next mod wiki patch comes out it will all be updated at the same time.

Just with with 2 bullet mods 2 weapon mod mods they all add multiple entries and in some cases new weapons or mods so to include them I habe to manually go through 60+ entries in 6 mods and hand make a compatability patch so they all work together.

At the moment only 15-20 weapons can function with loads and most of the cut weapon weapons are not visable

Then I have to make VIS patches soooo I'm just sayin that I'm changing the end load order so I can simplify the patches and make the overall load simpler for others to make patches with their own mods(those people are the quiet ones that know stuff and are roffling at the sticky tape n glue patches)

the green theme for MO2? that is internal to MO2 it will always be green

Not changeable

Oh right, I don't know why I thought that. But why mess with the load order and not rely on Loot? If exceptions have to be made, like loading mod X after mod Y then you can do that in LOOT

As far as the Theme, I'm not talking about the background color. I mean like how the priority numbers are white, can you make the version number that way as well? 

Edited by Aeradom

"Oh right, I don't know why I thought that. But why mess with the load order and not rely on Loot? If exceptions have to be made, like loading mod X after mod Y then you can do that in LOOT."

Hmm.

I have no idea where to start........I suppose that's a thing.

I'll look around and see if I can find a guide to link. Perhaps the Whole S.T.E.P Wiki.....

just google around for merged Patches (That is just a very small part) to give you an idea.

Loot just sorts basic mod order and with the Wiki it will not work as the overwrite priority I choose is to reduce edits and how would it know I want darker nights over vivid with settlement lights overwriting with dynamic shadow for lights but not settlements? And to get that combo I have to hand edit a patch....Loot will not in any way help with weapon mods, vis, housemods basically nothing it even loads vis wrong

(YEA I know My VIS order is ass about face its like that soo I could see conflicts to make a table. shhh)

At the moment I'm playing with weapons soooo you can craft a weapon that was removed from the game and add a mod that does not exist that fires explosive rounds of a caliber that mirrors real life with tracer rounds that you can see. through an glass scope with 2 legendary mods, and an under over. That is what the weapon mods in the list do but no patch with all at one.

And once again Loot does not do that it's not for oddball mods and load outs. You ise loot as a starting point then hand edit from there.

I know I'm comming accross like an ass but..... yea....soooooo much to explaine. not doing it.

LOOT=NO done

Edited by Gernash

"Oh right, I don't know why I thought that. But why mess with the load order and not rely on Loot? If exceptions have to be made, like loading mod X after mod Y then you can do that in LOOT."

Hmm.

I have no idea where to start........I suppose that's a thing.

I'll look around and see if I can find a guide to link. Perhaps the Whole S.T.E.P Wiki.....

just google around for merged Patches (That is just a very small part) to give you an idea.

Loot just sorts basic mod order and with the Wiki it will not work as the overwrite priority I choose is to reduce edits and how would it know I want darker nights over vivid with settlement lights overwriting with dynamic shadow for lights but not settlements? And to get that combo I have to hand edit a patch....Loot will not in any way help with weapon mods, vis, housemods basically nothing it even loads vis wrong

(YEA I know My VIS order is ass about face its like that soo I could see conflicts to make a table. shhh)

At the moment I'm playing with weapons soooo you can craft a weapon that was removed from the game and add a mod that does not exist that fires explosive rounds of a caliber that mirrors real life with tracer rounds that you can see. through an glass scope with 2 legendary mods, and an under over. That is what the weapon mods in the list do but no patch with all at one.

And once again Loot does not do that it's not for oddball mods and load outs. You ise loot as a starting point then hand edit from there.

I know I'm comming accross like an ass but..... yea....soooooo much to explaine. not doing it.

LOOT=NO done

You ain't coming across as an ass, we're just having a disagreement which I think is healthy with a project like this. I'm not going to pretend I know as much about modding as you but what I do know is when something is just too much work for too little reward. It's far more inconvenient to have a set load order that everyone must follow because it makes it so inflexible to future changes and forces everyone into a tiny box. It is one thing if you just have the patches at the end of the load order like STEP does. But say if you want to add another mod in the future; you are going to then have to test where to put it because you won't be relying on LOOT. And if a new major update to a mod comes out, it breaks it all. Have you ever thought that maybe you are just working too hard to get that square peg to fit into that round hole? If it's really this much work to get them to work together, I'm honestly not even going to try when I can just snip out a couple of mods and move on. It's what I did with the bathing in Skyrim mod; I didn't want it so I eliminated that and the associated patch to get it to work. 

It would be different if we were talking about something like Skyrim where things are pretty static (well they were as of a few months ago). But with so many changes going up, and new mods coming out, I'm just not going to be able to step away from LOOT entirely and I don't think many will be. 

Oh, and still looking for info on how to make the version number white so it's easier to read. 

Edited by Aeradom

What is going on with OCDecorator? The first instrucion has you double click the mod to hide the .esp but to my knowledge you can't do that unless you go around the fomod. I'm not sure why we're hiding the .esp, but isn't it better if you are going to, to do that after installing and just right clicking on the mod then doing that? 

What is going on with OCDecorator? The first instrucion has you double click the mod to hide the .esp but to my knowledge you can't do that unless you go around the fomod. I'm not sure why we're hiding the .esp, but isn't it better if you are going to, to do that after installing and just right clicking on the mod then doing that? 

That is because OCDecorator.esp is provided by SKE and SKE is installed early on in the list.

That is because OCDecorator.esp is provided by SKE and SKE is installed early on in the list.

Ah okay I understand that. See I've just been installing SKE after all the housing mods (except for Scrapping mod that says explicitly to put last). But I suppose this works. Though the additional instruction needs to be below the FOMOD for clarity. 

Wouldn't it better though to move it to optional esp so that it's there incase you want to use it without having to reinstall the whole thing? 

Edited by Aeradom

"inconvenient to have a set load order that everyone must follow"

house mods

gunmods

weather and lighting

VIS

weapons rack (cause I like it)

better mod desctioptions

is the order for least conflicts from what'i've seen so far

"not going to be able to step away from LOOT"

You hove to aware of your mods and how they interact with each other if you rely on loot you will NOT have the same gameplay or visual affects that another has.

(if you post a spoiler of your load order thats done by loot I'll have a look and see if there are any issues)

"Home Maker"

look at SKE it does homemaker and OCDecorator (esp replacer) you have to hide the esp in homemaker and ocdecorator

Optional ESP???

This is a guided install you can install whatever you like.

"Modular Kitchens"

Fixed and updated

!!!THE MODWiki!!!!

Was just ment to be an example of a working loadout to show MO2 does work wiht MK link and compatability with mods.

I then went silly with textures to see how far I could push a mid range card and still be playable

Now I'm playing wit FO4Edit and Weapons

Next will be a revisit to lighting

Soooooo

as a WIP it "Growing" and having to backpeddle and "revise" how it's installed or patched because as a guided install, I'm making the decisions on look playability etc if you want the "Whole" Experience. Currently it's Slowly developing into an FO4 "Overhaull" by the looks of it.

Mission statement up to this point

Looks cool (NO1)

Enemy are hard

Many weapon choices and loadouts

Can play snipe, bruser or tactical

Settlement management (I'm hoping the Old school ones will convert to the "New" modular script system)

@Gernash I get the importance of knowing your load order of course. But if you are proposing (which I might have misunderstood), to have one set in stone load order that must be followed for everything to work just right, that's where things get a bit iffy for me. Like I said, I might have misunderstood. If you are just referring to the order of the mod list then I'm completely on board with that. I thought you were talking about doing that sort of thing with the load order. 

As to the install of settlement mods in regards to SKE, what I'm doing because I think it works better is to install all the mods that SKE edits first, then putting SKE at the end so that the esp's in it replace the ones above. That way, in case I need to remove SKE for any reason, I'm not having to reinstall ten mods to get the esps back. BUT, if you didn't want to go that route and still install SKE first (which I grant you probably wouldn't be so bad when you know for sure what mods are in and what aren't as I don't at the moment), I'd still recommend installing as is. What you can do instead of going to file tree and hiding them, you can go over to Optional esps tab and move any esps you want from the "available esps" section to the "optional esps" section. This way, you don't need to reinstall the mod to get them back should you need them but they also aren't cluttering up your load order. It's one of the truly marvelous things about MO in my opinion. 

Lastly, have you seen this mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3149/?

That mod is so stupidly good for it to be so damn simple! There's no way I'd play a game without that!  

Edit: Oh, and have I mentioned the version font on the MO style sheet? I hate to pester you but it's really hard to tell version numbers with the way it is now. I can do it, just not sure which one of these options are for it. 

Edit 2: Doesn't the Vault-Tec DLC make the settlement management software mod redundant? 

Edited by Aeradom

from MODWiki

"Order should be like"

changed to

LOOT should be working but there must not be enough references made out there for these mods<br />

Order should look something like this (the patches will tell you if you have it wrong if you run FO4EDIT!!!!!)

General "Rule" :- for a load order with the least amout of conflicts (from what I've seen so far)
:house mods
:gunmods
:weather and lighting
:VIS
:weapons rack (cause I like it)
:better mod descriptions

Below is My actual load Order as an example (it is odd as I'm part way through the patches I'll change it once the Global Patch is set in stone)

Fixed