SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

CWO won't be compatible with the upcoming Town/Cities Overhauls according with the note.

How much trouble would it be to make a modular install for the Town/Cities Overhauls that allows for CWO? Sort of a Town/Cities Overhauls lite version that excludes maybe the Towns where the conflicts occur.

If it's a lot just disregard it. I'm sure you have other priorities.

I think you'll end up having to choose one or the other.  Having said that... RMA makes alot of updates to the civil war sieges and such... they're much better balanced now.  It obvoiusly does't do the expansion to the quest line that CWO does but the Civil War feels much better with RMA than i vanilla.

Ok im back. I just saw you guys added 

• Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim
  • Requiem - TK Dodge

I think those mods will make some perks in requiem to be useless, and will make the heavy armor tree the best one because now you can dodje in heavy armor. Requiem is for me one of the best Overhaul for skyrim combat and skill tree because every choice you make as a impact in the way you play, those 2 mods will just make Requiem less Requiem. Im not fluent in English to express my self better, but someone that as played requiem could argue better than me. I hope i manage to make you guys have a second though on those 2 mods. cheers. 

The version of TK Dodge being installed is tied to Requiem's perk tree... you can't dodge without having the perk.  This gives us a less clunky dodge that's also configurable in MCM without unbalancing Requiem.

The way we've configured Wildcat makes it slot nicely into the gameplay... The only concern is 35% damage reduction when low on stamina rather than 10%.  I'll probably patch that up because ti can be a bit punishing.  In the meantime you can just turn that off if it feels too punishing to you.

Give it a try and see what you think... It's 100% optional nothing in the guide will ever depend on the presence of either mod.

Just so we're clear i'm 100% dedicated to the gameplay.  If something ends up not working out and trivializes some content or just makes things feel... not requiem... we'll fix it.  Having said that... Requiem isn't perfect and gentle nudges can make a big difference.

Edited by jdsmith2816

edit: if you would like to play CWO i suggest you skip town overhauls for now and do that questline... and just use the town overhauls for a different playthrough...

everyone wants ALL mods to be in but we need to make sacrifices depending on what we really want in... not all can be made to work together...

Fair enough.

I'm actually planning to have to setups for 2 main characters.

Original vanilla story with ICAIO and CWO and another without those two mods but with the Town/Cities Overhauls.

The way you are building the guide makes it very easy to keep 2 slight different profiles.

Can't wait to see what you are coming up with the Towns overhaul and jd with the "beautification" overhaul and future integration of NLVA.

Would you say that after that, the guide is pretty much done with new mods and overhauls and it's just a matter of tweaking where minor issues are found? I'm sure you both want to enjoy some long play time like we do.

Just so we're clear i'm 100% dedicated to the gameplay.  If something ends up not working out and trivializes some content or just makes things feel... not requiem... we'll fix it.  Having said that... Requiem isn't perfect and gentle nudges can make a big difference.

This comment makes me happy and confident that I'm switching my setup to SRLE Requiem.

I think you'll end up having to choose one or the other.  Having said that... RMA makes alot of updates to the civil war sieges and such... they're much better balanced now.  It obvoiusly does't do the expansion to the quest line that CWO does but the Civil War feels much better with RMA than i vanilla.

The version of TK Dodge being installed is tied to Requiem's perk tree... you can't dodge without having the perk.  This gives us a less clunky dodge that's also configurable in MCM without unbalancing Requiem.

The way we've configured Wildcat makes it slot nicely into the gameplay... The only concern is 35% damage reduction when low on stamina rather than 10%.  I'll probably patch that up because ti can be a bit punishing.  In the meantime you can just turn that off if it feels too punishing to you.

Give it a try and see what you think... It's 100% optional nothing in the guide will ever depend on the presence of either mod.

Ohh! Nice thank you for the explanation. Yes requiem is not perfect but the best if you can make it better, cant wait for it. 

Strange bug found with the new ICAIO-less install.

Restarted a new game. Noticed that some NPCs were talking to people who just aren't there. Two instances of such a thing:

1. That CRF restored dialogue between Skulvar and Uthgerd the Unbroken. Skulvar was there talking, but not Uthgerd.

2. Conversation between Idolaf Battle-Born and Adrianne Avenicci. Adriane was there, Idolaf Battle-Born was nowhere to be seen.

This is not a HDT invisibility issue, since I don't have male HDT bodies. I also ran around the area trying to trigger a dialogue with the invisible people. They simply weren't there. Both occured while it was raining outside, so maybe it is a conflict between Wet & Cold's "Go Home" functionality and CRF?

I've seen that happen. The way I fixed it was up the papyrus time to 2000 from 500. This will mean longer load times but I've been fine ever since.

Apologies if this is answered earlier am replying direct to the post before reading whole thread.

no. Extract it anywhere you like... i placed it in the tools folder where i keep other skyrim tools. Close MO and run it with MO closed (this is a must do!!). Just double click on the executable. The relinker should auto enter the path to your last MO profile used.. same for the mods folder. If it doesnt then just set first the path to MO and then path to mods folder. after that he runs his thing nothing to do there.

After it finishes open MO and a folder should be last in left pane Relinker Output. Place it before Dyndolod texgen folder and activate.

thank you. there isnt really any documentation i could find on how to use and install.

Wildcat meshes well with Requiem combat if you set the mcm menus appropriately.  My testing playthrough has been as a paladin and I have definitely felt the lack of Wildcat.

I'll probably add a patch to revert the damage reductionw hen out of stamina to Requiem's 10% rather than Wildcat's 35% but it's still playable like this.  If the damage reduction is a bit much in the meantime you can just disable it in the mcm until I make that change.

If you feel Wildcat's changes aren't necessary you can definitely leave it out;  nothing in the guide will ever depend upon it's presence.

TK Dodge was added.  Requiem has a built in dodge mechanic but it's a bit clunky... The replacer esp linked in the guide updates TK Dodge so that it's only available once you've taken the appropriate perk in Requiem.  This keeps it balanced as intended but gives us the less clunky and more configurable dodging.

I like TK dodge and planned on using that anyways. But i think i will leave wildcat out. Requiems default combat does the job just right for me. 

Tried TK Dodge recently and really liked it, glad that it is implemented as a replacer for the dodge perk in the evasion tree.

Wildcat is cool too, but as you write, it needs to be properly configured for certain setups. Overhauls like Requiem or PerMa already have basic attack stamina cost etc and I felt the drawn bow stagger put archers in a heavy disadvantage against mages in PerMa or certain Deadly Dragons with a lot of AoE like volcanic dragons were ultra-annoying with this, but you have already recommended to disable it, so I'll sure give your settings a try  after getting more familiar with Requiem itself, since I use it the first time.

The instructions for [Hishy_Remove_LAND_Records] are a little confusing to me. I just installed Hishy_Remove_LAND_Records.pas to TES5Edit\Edit Scripts and than cut and pasted  mteFunctions.pas loctated in TES5Edit\Edit Scripts\lib to TES5Edit\Edit Scripts.

​

​I guess my main question is does mteFunctions.pas have anything to do with Hishy_Remove_LAND_Records and why do we have to move mteFunctions.pas from the lib folder (I am guessing it was just packaged wrong in the mod)? I already had a version mteFunctions.pas in my  TES5Edit\Edit Scripts folder so I just overwritten it.

mteFunctions.pas is a library of.. functions.. procedures... tools.. however you can understand it.  You just need the most recent version in whatever location it's being looked for.  having multiple copies in different places doesn't matter.. just make sure it's the same version, preferably the newest version.

mteFunctions.pas is a library of.. functions.. procedures... tools.. however you can understand it.  You just need the most recent version in whatever location it's being looked for.  having multiple copies in different places doesn't matter.. just make sure it's the same version, preferably the newest version.

I am guessing that in order to figure out which on is the newest file I just look at the date modified category or is there a better way to tell which is the newest

Can you remove the note from the guide saying to delete the SFO.esp under Landscapes & enviroment

Can you remove the note from the guide saying to delete the SFO.esp under Landscapes & enviroment

Edit. Maybe I am just miss understanding your instructions. I am doing a fresh install and noticed you removed a few mods from your guide since last night. Should I just remove the esp from neos mod

No. We actually need to remove the esp from SFO. We dont use only the assets as in meshes and textures from SFO. The rest is handled by evt esp and grasses combo. I've added also SFO - Dragonborn.esp removal i forgot about it.

Edited by paul666root

The instructions for [Hishy_Remove_LAND_Records] are a little confusing to me. I just installed Hishy_Remove_LAND_Records.pas to TES5Edit\Edit Scripts and than cut and pasted  mteFunctions.pas loctated in TES5Edit\Edit Scripts\lib to TES5Edit\Edit Scripts.

​

​I guess my main question is does mteFunctions.pas have anything to do with Hishy_Remove_LAND_Records and why do we have to move mteFunctions.pas from the lib folder (I am guessing it was just packaged wrong in the mod)? I already had a version mteFunctions.pas in my  TES5Edit\Edit Scripts folder so I just overwritten it.

don't cut and paste just copy and paste it. Mator's xEdit Patching Framework is placing it in lib folder so i guess it needs it there too. So dont move it just copy it to main Edit Scripts folder