SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

sorry for all the rapid changes but we have to tweak a bit the guide. My guess is that by the end of month we will stop with adding/changing content... HOPEFULLY

No worries at all, you show dedication to making this a great guide, which is all good. I´ll happily wait knowing my setup will be better and more stable :)

question, when sorting the mod order, if I have extra mods they will end up after Dual Sheath Redux.esp, but how will the loadorder.txt handle mods on the list from the guide that I have not installed? Will there be any issues I need to consider? Need I remove them manually?

Edited by theApe

question, when sorting the mod order, if I have extra mods they will end up after Dual Sheath Redux.esp, but how will the loadorder.txt handle mods on the list from the guide that I have not installed? Will there be any issues I need to consider?

No, MO will order the mods on the list that it finds according to the list and that's it, no errors or anything if you don't use all mods from the guide. esps not covered in the guide will be put at the end, after that MO updates loadorder.txt to match your actual loadorder.

No, MO will order the mods on the list that it finds according to the list and that's it, no errors or anything if you don't use all mods from the guide. esps not covered in the guide will be put at the end, after that MO updates loadorder.txt to match your actual loadorder.

This is correct.  Just please note that it's unwise to just leave your additional mods at the end of the load order...  Eventually I want to create a youtube video where I go over the process of properly figuring out where to place additional mods that you may install.... Just so many things to do right now :(

This is correct.  Just please note that it's unwise to just leave your additional mods at the end of the load order...  Eventually I want to create a youtube video where I go over the process of properly figuring out where to place additional mods that you may install.... Just so many things to do right now :(

Take a breath and do it when you have time :)

Take your time if you want to do that, no need to rush :) Of course I didn't leave additional esps at the end, I just didn't mentioned that part as it wasn't specifically asked about that, but esps in the txt that are missing.

I checked the loadorder section on Reqiuem patch central and your loadorder for the placement, e.g. I placed additional companion mods in the same section of the loadorder as the companion mods of the guide and their patches respectively.

question, when sorting the mod order, if I have extra mods they will end up after Dual Sheath Redux.esp, but how will the loadorder.txt handle mods on the list from the guide that I have not installed? Will there be any issues I need to consider? Need I remove them manually?

MO is smart. It will ignore mods that you do not have. Also do use the backup for left and right pane. This way you can always restore fast the LO after remerging or adding mods

The way I did it was run the whole load order through TES5 Edit and see if it chucks anything as being in the wrong place. If it does, I move it to where TES5 Edit says, manually. Anything I added that TES5 Edit didn't have a problem with I just basically manually move it to somewhere where it's roughly alphabetically ordered and run TES5 Edit again. Took me about 4 passes to get everything placed. Then I look at things like what's 'overwriting' it and what it's overwriting and be guided from that. So far so good and all seems to be working.

You can do it manually sure, Loot speeds the process up.

People either seem to think its a magic wand that puts things in the right place all the time or that its the devils work and should never be used. Neither is the case.

It will sort based on the rules in its master and user lists, by masters listed in the esp (so slaves always after masters) and finally for mods it knows nothing about yet, it will sort so you have the least amount of conflicts.

You will need to help it along with meta data edits, but there is no good reason not to use loot.