SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

[continuing the install battles]

I hope it's not too stupid a thing to do, but I'm modifying some mods from the list. For instance prefer "Alternate Start" to "Skyrim Unbound" (it just seems simpler, I don't need those SU options) or don't want Face to Face talk (just subjective bleh :p), picked "Climates of Tamriel" and different lighting overhaul, a different assortment of visual/character creation mods, stuff like that. Can changes like that fly?

Two other questions:

1. Is it possible to post a finalized mod list somewhere around for smart Req-Legacy people to tell me if something there strikes them as a must-delete?

2. I've arrived at the Quest part of the guide. I don't want to install Undeath, not planning to play a lich and that's a waste of that mod and script-load AFAIR, also skipping Falskaar, not a fan of new-lands mods and there's already Moonpath included in Legacy. But I've picked several other quest mods that have been rather recently updated. Could you tell me if they're for some reason discouraged?

- Apotheosis Lifeless Vaults

- Molag Bal's Inferno

- Helgen Reborn

- The Wheels of Lull

[i actually thought there are more, damn I really AM learning to limit my load order... Two games and one decade of biting cables finally getting through I guess...]

Also, why is "Requiem" patch option unchecked in "Legacy Patch Central" fomod guide? :o

Also, no "Audio Overhaul" patch? That mod I think is required for the STEP patches, no?

ASLAL is less compatible by far and SU is simpler;  if you don't want all of the options just click "Start Game" and accept the defaults... You'll become dragonborn the first time you absorb a osul which will kick off the main storyline at the point you'd be if you had just killed the first dragon...  If you want to go with ASLAL you'll need to clean the new CRPatch of SU references and resolve the various conflicts with ASLAL

Face to Face is safe to drop.. nothing depend son it.

WLSO will be updated soon.. it supports just about every weather mod known to man as well as the common image space overhauls like ele / darker dungeons.  I just haven't had time to get it done yet.  Hopefully by the time you get to the WLSO section it'll be done and you can choose CoT + your lighting mod of choice.

You can use any npc visual overhauls you want as long as you merge them all into  NPC Retextures Merged and utilize my script on the finish line page...   If you alter the body type chosen you'll obviously need to update all the various mods that install UNP based armors etc...

Basically if you want to make a change, deactivate the ESP and see if the new CRPatch turns red... if it does you'll need to carefully remove references from the cRPatch for the mod you're changing out... Then install your new mod and do the proper conflict resolution yourself.

Feel free to post your mod list if you want I'm sur esomeone will chime in.

Undeath is definitely in the CR patch as ins Falskaar... See above.  The quest mods that are in the guie were chosen because they already have proper Requiem balance patches.  Anything you add that doesn't have a proper Requiem patch is going to be very unbalanced due to the nature of how requiem works... Obviously it's your choice to do what you want for your game.

The patches you're mentioning are unchecked because they aren't needed.

Tested all orbs I know of and the respective platforms as well as the spell and not a single autosave or freeze. Inigo and Mjoll made the trips without problems too. Thank you very much.

Woot! Glad it worked for you. :)

Thanks for the response. When it comes to Alternate Start I was under the impression that it makes so that Dragons simply will not spawn until I touch the main quest. And SU says that the quest will kick off on first dragon kill - does that mean they're around from the beginning? I haven't played that storyline in ages, I'm not too familiar with the quest names it mentions. Seeing how I want to have Deadly Dragons installed I really will be in no rush to fight any. If I misunderstood it I'll just go with SU, I'm not looking for bonus conflict solving endeavors...

I am okay with those four quests not being really balanced for Requiem. I just want them for fun, if they give me some op stuff I'll smelt it into bunny figurines, couldn't care less. As long as they won't make the game unstable. I really don't want to waste valuable space for the huge things I don't want like Falskaar, so I'll return to this post once I get to the patching part, I guess, and try to understand what things mean :P Not there yet.

Thanks for the response. When it comes to Alternate Start I was under the impression that it makes so that Dragons simply will not spawn until I touch the main quest. And SU says that the quest will kick off on first dragon kill - does that mean they're around from the beginning? I haven't played that storyline in ages, I'm not too familiar with the quest names it mentions. Seeing how I want to have Deadly Dragons installed I really will be in no rush to fight any. If I misunderstood it I'll just go with SU, I'm not looking for bonus conflict solving endeavors...

I am okay with those four quests not being really balanced for Requiem. I just want them for fun, if they give me some op stuff I'll smelt it into bunny figurines, couldn't care less. As long as they won't make the game unstable. I really don't want to waste valuable space for the huge things I don't want like Falskaar, so I'll return to this post once I get to the patching part, I guess, and try to understand what things mean :P Not there yet.

With SU you can choose when dragon's start spawning.. you can even turn them off completely until you're ready and then go back into the menu and turn them on.. You can also set it so that you can go ahead and collect word walls as a non dragonborn but still require souls to unlock them...  Theres alot of ways to configure those things and it's pretty straigt forward when you look at it in game. 

Regarding the quest mods.. just so that we're clear... Having them installed is literally costing you nothing.  The CR Patch is quite large.. The quick and dirty way is to just check for master references and fix those records... This has the potential to leave behind alot of modified records that just simply didni't require the master though...  The "proper" way of uninstalling a large mod like Undeath from the CR Patch would take me 30-60m depending on how many legitimate conflicts there were to deal with.

Edited by jdsmith2816

All right, replaced Alternate Start with SU.

When it comes to modding, I really know very little of it. This pack is an awesome guide, I love it, but reading what you write I don't know if I'll be able to apply those final patches at all D:

Ever since I started modding Oblivion I've heard everywhere to limit the amount of big content added to the install and things like Falskaar that are really just not appealing to me at all just scream "IM A BIG CONTENT THAT WILL WEIGH ON YOUR INSTALL!!".

Unless you mean I can install those mods and turn them off? Though I doubt it.

I'm halway through the installation only I think and I've already skipped over a lot more than that for various reasons, which is why I'm wondering if I can even utilize this guide properly :(

- Skyrim Skill Interface Re-Texture (should be no problem, right?)
- Blocksteal Redux (all their items are belong to me, I needn't such mods!)
- iWASM - Immersive Wait and Sleep Menu (wouldn't it conflict with something like Go to Bed? Or is it better to not get GtB?)
- Main Menu (seems unnecessary to me, and wouldn't it conflict with Jaxonz named save? Idk where the name would go)
- No Menu and Loading Smoke (should be no problem, right?)
- Smaller Cursor (I like my big cursor :< )
- Face to Face Conversation (bleh)
- Falskaar (don't want new lands)
- Undeath (unncessary)
- Undeath Invisible Scrye Fix
- Undeath Immersive Lichdom
- Konahrik's  Accoutrements - Dragon Priest Armory (is it really that cool? I'm not sure I need more items and even more powers cluttering the menus, but if you say it's awesome I'll bite)
- Konahrik's Accoutrements - WAFR CCOR Patch
- The Notice Board (like I need more stuff to, c'mon! Radiant quests are a completionist's hell as is... D:)
- The Notice Board by MannyGT UPDATED
- The Notice Board Falskaar
- Subliminal Traps (I'm too easily spooked, give me a fighting chance! This mod looks too evil, especially with my harsher lighting overhauls :p)
- The Notice Board Redefined
- BadGremlin's Trophy Heads (gruesome D:)
- HD-LOD Buildings (says the mod is outdated plus I'm not sure if I don't want those Sexy replacers yet)
- High Quality 3D Map (I chose the paper version earlier, this doesn't apply, right?)
- Skyrim Flora Overhaul (I can't afford to lose FPS for pretty shrubs)
- TAFM - Unique Flowers and Plants (as above, I don't really need it)
- Unique Grasses and Groundcovers (pretty, but I'm afraid of performance hit, Verdant grass seems enough)
- Trees HD - Skyrim Variation (enhanced vanilla trees will suffice)
- Trees HD - Skyrim Variation - Upgrade and Fix

I honestly thought I could make my own kind of mod compilation, pay attention to what Requiem really doesn't fancy, then fix most issues with Reqtificator :< I also thought I could turn on/off any texture and mesh replacers as I go in case it turned out some of them are too performance heavy or just unnecessary. I'd much prefer to have a mod like Holidays active over a redone plantlife if I had to pick (and I may have to, I guess).

I've looked at my gathered mods, aside of a whole bunch of graphical enhancements (without which I can live, I'm sure :p), I've a fair bunch of mods that looked like fun gameplay enhancements. Some of them do have Requiem patches, like Animallica or Skytest, some of them also appear in the guide later on, but many do not and idk if that means they won't work together with this setup :< Such sadpanda... But some seem rather harmless nonetheless. I don't know, I'm honestly quite lost at this point. I'll list them in case someone would know what to say, but I haven't a clue.

In-the-Guide-I-thinks:

- Apocalypse

- Complete Fast Travel Overhaul

- HDT Physics extension

- Immersive Horses

- Frostfall

- Inigo (I don't want any of the other followers, won't use them anyway, Sofia, Hoth and whoever else is listed)

- Trade and Barter

- Campfire

- 3DNPCs

+ all those city/village expansions, I've no preference so I'd go with whatever is in guide

Overhauleys & Co:

- Better Vampires

- iNeed

- Hearthfire Extended

- Wet and Cold

- Real Shelter

- Holidays

- Hunterborn

Weather:

- CoT & Related

- ELaFX

- Real Thundertorms for CoT + Lightning During

Creature Related:

- Animallica

- SkyTest Realistic Animals and Predators

- Skyrim Immersive Creatures (I was surprised it wasn't in this guide actually, I'm not sure I want to use it, but it seems like an immersive mod and has Requiem/Legacy patches)

- SkyBirds

- Deadly Dragons

- World Eater Beater (plan was to install it on top and not turn on before Alduin battle to check it out but not have the scripts/anything on the savegame all the way :p)

NPC-related & Faction-related:

- Improved Adoptions, Multiple Adoptions

- Adopt Aventus Arentino

- College Days Winterhold

- College of Winterhold Entry Requirements

- Non-Essential Children (installed some patch for those on the way)

- People are Strangers

- RS Children Overhaul (was installing patches for this on the way, it looks so much better than other child overhaul mods, Rustic Children still leaves them looking too similar to vanilla clones)

- Relationship Dialogue Overhaul

New Items & Horse & Dog:

- Bandolier Bags and Pouches

- Animated Dragon Wings

- Immersive Weapons

- Immersive Armors

- Lilith's Scythe (I don't really use/need more weapon/armor mods, IW/IA give SO many, but so pretty... :p)

- Blaze of Eventide

- Meeko Reborn

- Wearable Lanterns

- Tentapalooza for Campfire (with some fancy tent-related spell/s)

Quests:

- Apotheosis

- Helgen Reborn

- Molag Bal's Inferno

- The Wheels of Lull

Character Creation (plus chosen skin textures/brows/freckles stuff):

- CBBE body + some armor conversions including immersive armors/SoS body for males

- Apachi Hairstyles

- KS Hairdos HDT Physics

- Bodyslide utility

- HDT hairstyles, some armor conversions, Cloaks, wearable lanterns

- Ningheim Race

UI-Adjacent:

- Customizable Camera

- Categorized Favorites Menu

- Quest Eraser

- Jaxonz Utilities

- Jaxonz Real Names

- Joy of Perspective

- Player Headtracking

- Viewable Faction Ranks

Collectables & Hunts:

- LC Immersive Looting

- Seashells

- Skyrim Unique Treasures

- Treasure Hunt

- ESO Shards

- Skull Hunt

- Stackable Stones of Barenziah with Optional Quest Markers

Miscellaneous:

- Castle Volhikar Rebuilt

- Height Adjusted Races with True Giants

- Lanterns of Skyrim

- Left Hand Rings Modified

- Predator Vision

- Unlimited Bookshelves

- Unread Books Glow

- Ore Veins Glow

- Skyrim Unlocked (seems very immersive, could go well with Requiem and seems compatible)

- Sleep Tight (undecided)

Animations:

- Pretty Sit Idles

- two casting animation mods

- some jump/run mod

Population Mods (not sure if I'll use them yet, some might be an overkill):

- Immersive Wenches

- Inconsequential NPCs

- Populated Cities Towns Villages Reborn

- Populated Dungeons Caves Ruins Reborn

- Populated Forts Towers Places Reborn

- Populated Lands Roads Paths Reborn

- Populated Skyrim Civil War Reborn

- Populated Skyrim Prisons Cells Reborn

Sad parts are a) this is without Requiem and its patches listed b) there are some packages without names so there may be a few more ;p

Additionally I have a bunch of visual enhancements I found but they're mostly just some textures or whatnot I hoped to just overwrite stuff with. The only awesome problematic one seems to be the Radiant Potion Bottles and Booze. It's SO pretty, but I know it used to have a Requiem patch. I *think* Reqtificator can handle it nowadays since it's just visuals?

Le meh. I don't know what to do :(

All right, replaced Alternate Start with SU.

- Blocksteal Redux - As configured does't stop you from stealing.. simply means you have to press e twice to steal unless crouched.  This stops ACCIDENTAL thievery that you never meant to do.

- Falskaar - should be trivial to remove.. it only touches like one conflicted cell in the tamriel worldspace

- Undeath - will be a PITA for you to remove.. just leave it in unless you just really want to do the work.. if you dont' want to be undead you can always do the destroy the lich quest instead

- Konahrik - will be a PITA to remove... it will have no impact on your game at all unless you start the quest... and yes it's pretty damn cool :)

- TNB - fairly easy to remove.. only a few conflict records in the patch..

Anything ont mentioend above should just be removeable with no issues..

Yes, you're free to turn on/off any texture/mesh replacers with no concern... the things we'd talked about before this were not simple texture/mesh replacers.

- Just leave the followers in... it's not worth the effort for you to remove them from the CR.. They won't affect you rgame if you don't get them.

- We did not include better vampires since requiem vampires are already modified from vanilla.. It's definitely includeable but I'm not sure what patching if any needs to happen.

- iNeed - should be fine

- HF Extended no idea

- Real Shelter - no idea

- Holidays - no idea

- Hunterborn - just use the requiem patch and I think this is fine

- Weather stuff... Just follow the instructions on WLSO when you get there... ELFX is totally not gonna fit into your load order though

- Animallica use requiem patch

- SkyTest is already covered by Requiem Minor Arcana

- SkyBirds should be fine make sure you enable the ETAC compatibility in game if using ECTV..

- Deadly Dragons... requiem is already making dragons strong and we add Diverse Dragons... In either case you'll need to patch the dragons and generate you're own version of no dragon lods

- World eater Beatre no clue

- NPC stuff - should all be fine.  RDO is already part of the guide...

- Bandoliers - didn't include due to balance issues...

- Dragonwings - no idea..

- IW is in guide

- IA is in guide

- Lilith's Scythe + other custom weapons/armors - if an item is balanced in vanilla it's balanced in requiem.. crafting recipe may need modificatin though

- Wearable lanterns is already in guide

- Tentapalooze should be fine..

Helgen Reborn - no patch exists and you'll have to resolve various issues yourself

Wheels of Lull - no patch exists and it's gonna be totally unbalanced

Molag Bal/Apotheosis - no idea.. probably totally unbalanced

Basically if a quest mod does't have a Requiem patch then the monsters are gonna be super trivial... lvl 5 two shotting boss monster trivial.. Do as you wish.

Character creation stuff: Ningheim Race will need custom patching iirc.. the rest of it is fine

UI stuff... knock yourself out

Collectables: have at it..

Height Adjusted Races - already included

Lanters of Skyrim - make sure you check for claralux compatibility..

Skyrijm Unlocked - no clue

Sleep Tight - no clue

Animations: doens't matter..

Population mods: No.

You're taking a highly modified Requiem experience that's been very carefully patched together and just shoving a ton of stuff into it.  Unless you have the skill to balance and conflict resolve I'd avoid adding alot of stuff.. From what you've said you do NOT have the required skills.. I expect that you're just going to end up having alot of problems in the end.

Better Vampires: according to this https://sites.google.com/site/bettervampires/compatibility it's fully compatible and has a patch.

https://sites.google.com/site/bettervampires/faq/i-m-using-requiem---the-roleplaying-overhaul

Well if Undeath and Konahrik won't make the game overloaded or something then okay, I don't mind them staying in. I'll get them and will just look into how to remove Falskaar if it's not difficult.

I might let go of Real Shelter, but I'll let you know how HF Extended does, as that mod is one of the cooler ones on my list. Unsure about Holidays, if it was by any other modder I'd be highly skeptical, but Isoku generally knows what he's doing and that could do wonders to immersion.

I chose Deadly Dragons because I heard that Requiem actually gets easier on higher levels. Wanted to know there's still something difficult awaiting and I heard they're fully compatible with the patch. And since I might have an unbalanced mod or two, I should have something to, well, balance it out, no? :p

What kind of issues can happen if I install a mod like Helgen Reborn? I mean, in the case of that difficult fights are the least important thing. It's about the whole rebuilding quest. But if you mean consequences like CTDs and broken people then it doesn't make sense to use it :<

When it comes to other quests - do you mean that level 5 two-shotting boss would happen because the boss would be unleveled? I think those mods have already leveled enemies. Or do you mean their perks would be incompatible and hence severely underpowered even if a boss was higher level/with good gear?

Ningheim Race I recall required some stats changing, but that wasn't very difficult. I think Reqtificator told me last time that I gotta edit it or it won't be accepted. It's compatible, just didn't know if compatible with this pack.

All in all I realize that I want to slap a bunch of stuff on top of a solid pack, but those things are just too fun to miss out on for me. I guess it's always gonna be like that with packs - different strokes for different folks, I like my Skyrim to be half The Sims, half Packrat Simulator (hence them Bandolier pouches... I know balance and all, but BUT but...), and only part a game about dragon hunting with big weapons :p

So I guess I should get the pack and CR installed first and then slap any additional mods on top of it?

Thank you kindly for your response and input.

Holidays had some issues with introducing alot of script latency for little gain iirc.  Feel free to try it out though :)

With Fozar's Dragonborn patch you've got some fairly solid mid-late game material.  Deadly Dragons will work it'll just need some conflict resolution done.

Helgen Reborn shouldn't cause any technical issues just make sure to grab the appropriate patches as you're going through fomods.  You'll still have some custom CR work to do but it's not too bad.  The quest line will be stupid easy though because it hasn't been rebalanced for Requiem.

Anything without a Requiem patch will have very easy monsters due to missing perks primarily but also lower stats.  Those thigns are also re-introducing leveled content into a fully unleveled world.  It's basically counter to the whole point of Requiem.

I suggest installing the guide as is.. make sure you're stable and everything is working.. Then make a new profile and fill it with whatever you want.  Atleast you'll have a solid point to go back to if you need to.

hey guys can i ask why the CORE Pack and lost all it's patches cos we used your CORE Pack for our SRLE Extended and now there all gone.

The guide is no longer modular due to various reasons.  There's like four CR patches at the end and that's it.

Let me know what patches you need and I can put them in a dropbox folder for you... I still have everything.

The guide is no longer modular due to various reasons.  There's like four CR patches at the end and that's it.

Let me know what patches you need and I can put them in a dropbox folder for you... I still have everything.

i see well we use:

The Forgotten City Patches

Undeath Patches

Arthmoor Patches

TMB Vanilla Armors Patches

if you prefer Darth does still have these and we could just upload what we need to our patch page that way you won't need to stress about it.

i see well we use:

The Forgotten City Patches

Undeath Patches

Arthmoor Patches

TMB Vanilla Armors Patches

if you prefer Darth does still have these and we could just upload what we need to our patch page that way you won't need to stress about it.

For sure; you're free to make use of anything in my dropbox. Upload them wherever / merge into CR patch.  Just take note of the modified date.. it should give you an idea as to which version the patches were made against if a mod has been semi recently updated.  If that makes sense?

I added a "license" file to the folder so that there should never be any question about ability to re-use anything in there.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hmj7x6vc3yj7g1h/AADF0LKCBw2ypspwrclyLhHja?dl=0

Edited by jdsmith2816

you should modify this part in the wiki then

This guide also removes the big Conflict Resolution at the end of the load order used in SRLE. We introduced modular patches for the mods used in the guide. This way all users that deviate from the guide can easily remove a mod by removing its patch. Maintained stability with maximum functionality including patches, mod cleaning, mod ordering, and more.

For sure; you're free to make use of anything in my dropbox. Upload them wherever / merge into CR patch.  Just take note of the modified date.. it should give you an idea as to which version the patches were made against if a mod has been semi recently updated.  If that makes sense?

I added a "license" file to the folder so that there should never be any question about ability to re-use anything in there.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hmj7x6vc3yj7g1h/AADF0LKCBw2ypspwrclyLhHja?dl=0

thanks JD i'll sort this out when I can.

Edited by Darth_mathias
I chose Deadly Dragons because I heard that Requiem actually gets easier on higher levels. Wanted to know there's still something difficult awaiting and I heard they're fully compatible with the patch. And since I might have an unbalanced mod or two, I should have something to, well, balance it out, no? :p

Requiem's difficulty depends immensely on your build/playstyle, equipment and meta-game knowledge about mechanics etc. If you are unfamiliar with Requiem you don't need any additional difficulty. The people that complain about Requiem getting too easy are usually powergaming the crap out of it. Requiem gives you quite some opportunities to cheese it but whether you take them and ruin your own fun is up to you. In my book prioritizing roleplaying over powergaming is a better way to keep Requiem fun and challenging in the late game than adding stuff like RotE or Deadly Dragons.

I suggest installing the guide as is.. make sure you're stable and everything is working.. Then make a new profile and fill it with whatever you want.  Atleast you'll have a solid point to go back to if you need to.

That's really the best advice.

Edited by thenewkid

Requiem's difficulty depends immensely on your build/playstyle, equipment and meta-game knowledge about mechanics etc. If you are unfamiliar with Requiem you don't need any additional difficulty. The people that complain about Requiem getting too easy are usually powergaming the crap out of it. Requiem gives you quite some opportunities to cheese it but whether you take them and ruin your own fun is up to you. In my book prioritizing roleplaying over powergaming is a better way to keep Requiem fun and challenging in the late game than adding stuff like RotE or Deadly Dragons.

That's really the best advice.

I don't trust myself not to use some cheese if I find it, that's why I'm looking for light mid-end-game difficulty backup :P I have a power gamer sitting somewhere in depths of my soul and she may rear her head when she smells blood. What's RotE though?

@JDSmith2816

Aw script latency D: I'm afraid of script latencies. Guess I'll skip Holidays then, it's probably cooler for some pure-immersion playthrough.

I think (not 100% sure) those other quest mods aren't leveled, but I'll keep that in mind since that doesn't help with perks and stats.

I'll go over the lists again and see how to find a compromise that's the closest to your guide.

My biggest concern here (building a basic guide-guided install before installing anything on top of it) would be patches from the mods I install from the guide - sometimes I installed a patch with my planned mods in mind/or skipped something like a patch for Falskaar and Heavy Armory. I think there was only 1 light patch (College of Winterhold) I gotta reinstall that for sure if I'm not to use ELaFX. Should've been noting those down dammit :p

I guess I should reinstall some of the FOMODs. Using the "Replace" option will be fine, right? Should remove/add necessary stuff? Man I remember the NMM days. This install would be already likely donezo if I was using NMM... :D

Edited by Ellilea