SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

@ Ellilea, I hope you do realize that the guide is still being edited for the ECTV mods. We're not finished yet. Things are being changed. You may be jumping ahead before it's time. I did remind everyone of this earlier.

Hm, I knew it was a WIP, but I thought the WIP part was adding more mods, like the palaces, that I'd rather skip. So I wanted to set up just what was there with the current version of the guide. But if those present mods aren't finished with patches yet I'll leave it alone for now.

@Paul

I see. I'll look into it, I suppose. Hoped it could be that easy, but it never is, is it :<

Requiem already does similar things to YOT, Go On Ahead should be fine, Compass is covered via Requiem Minor Arcana.. check that mod page for default + customization if you don't like default..  critter fixes is part of beautification guide.. lock overhaul isn't ok with requiem.. bard should be fine i think? haven't loaded up the esp to confirm

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but I think I see a small contradiction in the guide by the "Minor Arcana":

First is says:

"Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

•  
  • Requiem - Minor Arcana - USLEEP patch.esp"

And then: "Special Installation: CUT and PASTE the following esps into a different mod folder named Requiem - Minor Arcana USLEEP Patch:

Requiem - Minor Arcana - USLEEP patch.esp

"

I assume it ought to be installed and then moved, yes?

####

Also this folder doesn't seem to appear: meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegeom/skyrim.esm

The 'facegeom'. Maybe something changed? Or is my package broken. I've tried installing it twice, same effect.

Edited by Ellilea

I'm sure it's a mistake and it will be corrected

and about this "Also this folder doesn't seem to appear: meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegeom/skyrim.esm

The 'facegeom'. Maybe something changed? Or is my package broken. I've tried installing it twice, same effect."

have you looked into meshes and not textures ?

Edited by paul666root

I'm sure it's a mistake and it will be corrected

and about this "Also this folder doesn't seem to appear: meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegeom/skyrim.esm

The 'facegeom'. Maybe something changed? Or is my package broken. I've tried installing it twice, same effect."

have you looked into meshes and not textures ?

Aye, I just thought I'd point it out to help in case it was a valid catch.

As for the 'facegeom' I checked in both, just in case. Nowhere to be found. The other folder I found and removed. If it should be there, I'll try to redownload it in the evening when I'm home. Maybe something got eaten/overwritten on the way. Had weirder things happen, learned to double-check everything after finding some suspiciously empty folders before (I think after MO crashed). Idk, also had the .bsa unpacker ninja-turn off and had to hunt all the new .bsa archives for reinstall, psh :D

Thanks for confirming it should be there, I will make sure to install this properly.

Damn, modding Skyrim even with a guide is an adventure longer than the original questline takes in vanilla.

Edited by Ellilea

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but I think I see a small contradiction in the guide by the "Minor Arcana":

First is says:

"Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

•  
  • Requiem - Minor Arcana - USLEEP patch.esp"

And then: "Special Installation: CUT and PASTE the following esps into a different mod folder named Requiem - Minor Arcana USLEEP Patch:

Requiem - Minor Arcana - USLEEP patch.esp

"

I assume it ought to be installed and then moved, yes?

####

Also this folder doesn't seem to appear: meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegeom/skyrim.esm

The 'facegeom'. Maybe something changed? Or is my package broken. I've tried installing it twice, same effect.

Thank you. We do not install the Requiem - Minor Arcana - USLEEP patch.esp as JD has already provided this in the CR Patch. I must have forgotten to remove the older instructions when I performed my initial edit of the guide. This is now corrected in the guide.

Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):
* fomod
* Requiem - Minor Arcana - USLEEP patch.esp
* TechnicalChangelog.txt

This is correct:

Post Installation: Remove the following file(s) and/or folder(s):
* textures/actors/character/facegendata/facetint/skyrim.esm folder
* meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegeom/skyrim.esm folder
Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Okay, good to know. I think I caught one more similar thing on the way (not-install and then do something with it), but for the life of me I cannot remember where it was. Maybe I hallucinated it. Or maybe it's gone already.

Anyway, I re-downloaded and re-installed the Minor Arcana from scratch and found the second folder this time so that's all good.

I've also familiarized myself a little bit with xEdit so I might be able to clear those Falskaar records from the patches, however it would seem I need the Falskaar.esp for it. Does that mean I need to download the whole beast or could I acquire it somewhere separately?

Okay, good to know. I think I caught one more similar thing on the way (not-install and then do something with it), but for the life of me I cannot remember where it was. Maybe I hallucinated it. Or maybe it's gone already.

Anyway, I re-downloaded and re-installed the Minor Arcana from scratch and found the second folder this time so that's all good.

I've also familiarized myself a little bit with xEdit so I might be able to clear those Falskaar records from the patches, however it would seem I need the Falskaar.esp for it. Does that mean I need to download the whole beast or could I acquire it somewhere separately?

Open wrye bash, right click the esp, go to file.. generate dummy something or other.. close wrye bash, activate the newly added empty falskaar file.. you can now load up xedit.. when you're done with your work delete the dummy

Bah, tried to do it, but what I've learned about the program wasn't sufficient and the YT videos/forum answers don't seem to apply to something like this. All they say is remove masters and call it a day. I have failed in research and in the task, might have to resort to installing Falskaar and just ignoring it, as much as I dislike having an unnecessary big content clogging things down and taking space .-.

If I never go to the location, will it have much impact on the game? Or will the files just sit quietly in the folder forgotten and dormant with no impact on loading times etc? Unsure how it works in Skyrim's engine thingie.

Oh well. Thank you for your clues anyhow, appreciated, and sorry for asking only to end up failing :< I feel bad now.

The other way is actually installing Falskaar, using the "report masters" script on the Falskaar.esm and then removing the references that the script tells you about. Once you've removed all them you should be in business too.

In this case that's true... bu tin general it really isn't.  If you did that for ELFX for instanc eyou'd be left with a metric ****ton of lighting changes in the CRPatch even though you've removed all of the hard references to the master file... Very few records actually require a value defined in the master esp vs simply making changes to existing data.