SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

@jdsmith2816

I forgive any underlying dickiness in thanks for the answers :P

See, the problem is, I DID read the entire guide. Or so I thought. Maybe I found the wrong thing? I've like four parts of it tabbed, I thought I was on the main one .-. I'll re-look around next time for the other ones.

Would explain why I finished the thing and yet haven't a clue why you're mad at me about the WLS thingies since they were in the part I read, but without much explanation :p

When it comes to the DSOPT guide though, I was talking about this: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition/DDSOpt_Processing There is a chance I am blind, I was never good at those 'spot the difference puzzles' but the only difference I can find here is the second part lacks this:

"In the center text box, type "*.dds" and then click [Apply].Click the green checkmark to select all filtered files."

But then it's all the same. Same paths, same files, same extensions, same buttons to press. I'm confused.

Speaking of blind I really didn't find the Rustic Potions thing on the list. The hell, I need bigger glasses or what <checking with ctrl-f cheats>. Hm, they don't seem to be there. Should I just add them? Or are they included in some other mod and I missed it? :<

Although I still like these more: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18799/?

Reqtificator should suffice to port their looks over, right? It used to. So sorry if I missed something here again ._.

My computer isn't the worst, but it's also not super powerful. For instance I had issues running Real Vision with Depth of Field last time. So I'm trying to be conservative with the big visual thingies. If I were to add some performance-heavy things I'd go for ETAC over SFO for sure, it's just more interactive.

I know that everything can possibly conflict, but there are some conflicts that really don't matter so much. Like, I don't know, if a prisoner has wrong perks and would die from a fart, or some fire is misplaced, or a random sign doesn't blow in the wind like it should doesn't matter much to me (though I understand it would have no place in a clean guide like this). Things out to be stable, some occassional anomalies or a dumb irrelevant NPC I can live with :p

My last Requiem installation actually went pretty well, IIRC. A year ago or so without such a lovely guide with patches, just common sense. Had some 280 plugins or so, remember merging a bunch. I recall getting somewhere where I got involved with vampires and invisible entities and then I started to experiment with a bunch of more unstable and experimental mods out of curiosity and it all went to **** :p But I enjoyed the journey thoroughly.

Good night and thanks for all the assistance :)

Edited by Ellilea

@jdsmith2816

I forgive any underlying dickiness in thanks for the answers :P

See, the problem is, I DID read the entire guide. Or so I thought. Maybe I found the wrong thing? I've like four parts of it tabbed, I thought I was on the main one .-. I'll re-look around next time for the other ones.

Would explain why I finished the thing and yet haven't a clue why you're mad at me about the WLS thingies since they were in the part I read, but without much explanation :p  Not mad, I'm just a bit cantankerous by nature.  There's a whole WLSO subguide; the bit you see in the core guide is just the default recommended configuration.  I suggest atleast trying that configuration out w/ Rudy 3.0b Vanilla as your ENB.  Run around the game during a full day/night cycle and explore indoors with a torch and a wearable lantern.  That'll atleast give you a point of comparison... You can then use the WLSO sub guide to reconfigure to whatever else you'd like to experiment with.

When it comes to the DSOPT guide though, I was talking about this: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition/DDSOpt_Processing There is a chance I am blind, I was never good at those 'spot the difference puzzles' but the only difference I can find here is the second part lacks this:

"In the center text box, type "*.dds" and then click [Apply].Click the green checkmark to select all filtered files."

But then it's all the same. Same paths, same files, same extensions, same buttons to press. I'm confused. No time to actually look at the guide right now but typically it's split up to allow you to process normal maps with one set of constraints and diffuse maps with a different.  In all cases for our guide the normals and diffuse are done in one pass so it doesn't really matter.

Speaking of blind I really didn't find the Rustic Potions thing on the list. The hell, I need bigger glasses or what <checking with ctrl-f cheats>. Hm, they don't seem to be there. Should I just add them? Or are they included in some other mod and I missed it? :< Like almost everything visually related it's part of the beautification guide which pulls in Realistic HD Beverages and Rustic Potions IIRC.

Although I still like these more: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18799/?  

Reqtificator should suffice to port their looks over, right? It used to. So sorry if I missed something here again ._.  This will not happen automatically.. the patching required is trivial and would take like 10-15 minutes but there's definitely patching involved.

My computer isn't the worst, but it's also not super powerful. For instance I had issues running Real Vision with Depth of Field last time. So I'm trying to be conservative with the big visual thingies. If I were to add some performance-heavy things I'd go for ETAC over SFO for sure, it's just more interactive.  Just note that even though you see SFO there we're not really using most of SFO... It's mostly overwritten by the other things in TAFM... We also don't use the SFO esp files...  It's configured like it is to give a certain blend of trees and groundcover that performs fairly well and still looks great...  The bulk of TAFM is actually EVT.  The biggest FPS sucker in TAFM would be a misconfigured Verdant... You can really tweak the grass density to get your performance where you want it.  Diana plays on a weak 2GB laptop and is having no problems with TAFM.  Just install the guide as configured and do testing.. then make informed changes based upon actual experience with what's going on.  ^.^

I know that everything can possibly conflict, but there are some conflicts that really don't matter so much. Like, I don't know, if a prisoner has wrong perks and would die from a fart, or some fire is misplaced, or a random sign doesn't blow in the wind like it should doesn't matter much to me (though I understand it would have no place in a clean guide like this). Things out to be stable, some occassional anomalies or a dumb irrelevant NPC I can live with :p  The problem is you have no way of knowing what harm you're causing with the additional mods unless you learn how to check for the problems in the first place...  Your mod deleting a chair that 3DNPC depends on for a quest could cause a CTD for instance.  Who'd have thought that chair was important?  I think you underestimate just how customized this experience already is.   I'm done talking about this particular topic... I think we both understand each other's position.

Sleep well :)

Maybe someone else will get a moment to take a look at that DDsopt guide then an tell me what's up. I don't want to do something gamebreaking there, but it feels like I'm missing something.

Also, could anyone point me to where I could find out how to make that trivial patch for the potion bottles? Would be grateful.

I'll give those trees a try then, and ETAC and other visual mods and just see how they all work before bothering with gameplay mods. Guess that will make most sense. Got my character visual mods, .inis, and ENB installed and tested already so it seems like a fine next step before I get any merging or patching or whatnot done.

###

As for the Frosfall thing, I mean this part of the guide:

"Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival Patches]

Patch Central

SRLE Legacy of the Dragonborn Reqtified Patch Central - 1.0 - by jdsmith2816

Files to download :

MAIN FILES - OPTIONAL PACK -> Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival Patches."

Can't find the mentioned pack inside the packs.

Hi I noticed you removed snowfall as a option in wlso, is there a reason for this?

Hi I noticed you removed snowfall as a option in wlso, is there a reason for this?

Sorry I didn't mean to double post

Snowfall is still an option, the page is just being updated as are the patches to match the newly changed guide..

Currently the CORE setup is all that is ready, and even it is still being 'tweaked' and edited. 

Ellilea: "Maybe someone else will get a moment to take a look at that DDsopt guide then an tell me what's up. I don't want to do something gamebreaking there, but it feels like I'm missing something." Guide:DDSopt/Skyrim This link is the best source for all the information on DDSopt. I advise to read it thoroughly. 

As for the Frosfall thing, I mean this part of the guide: We are still working on updating these optional sections.

jodoon305: Just below Weather Lighting and Sound Overhaul is the following notice:

All Optionals that can be installed for WLSO can be found here -> WLSO PAGE

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Just one question this time. I've tried running the game with the guide's core graphical enhancements and it seems to be mostly fine, the FPS can stutter for a moment but seems to stop once the cell is loaded, it's definitely smooth enough to play and very pretty :)

The question I have is about the towns. Having checked the optional mods I think running "ETaC" and "Dawn of Skyrim" together is the best my PC can do, adding JK's stuff on top of it might be an overkill. On the "DoS" page it says it's 100% compatible with "ETaC" so I'd like to ask if the guide's ECTV patch is still needed for those? Do I need to go all-or-none here or will these two just play nice without the patch?

Then again, if they're compatible why did a cow eat some poor fishmonger's market stand (and perhaps fishmonger too, while at it)?! :D

https://i.imgur.com/yqyJwEa.jpg

Levitating fish. Magic, truly.

[i have only activated the visual mods for this to test performance, it's textures, ETaC, and DoS, no shenanigans]

first thing DOS is much more performance heavy than JK lite that is in the guide.

secondly if you installed only partially ECTV that's why you are having those wierd visuals. I'm not sure if JD finished getting through ECTV stuff now with the patching but the old ones were for all ECTV mods patched to work together... hence those flying stuff...

Just one question this time. I've tried running the game with the guide's core graphical enhancements and it seems to be mostly fine, the FPS can stutter for a moment but seems to stop once the cell is loaded, it's definitely smooth enough to play and very pretty :)

The question I have is about the towns. Having checked the optional mods I think running "ETaC" and "Dawn of Skyrim" together is the best my PC can do, adding JK's stuff on top of it might be an overkill. On the "DoS" page it says it's 100% compatible with "ETaC" so I'd like to ask if the guide's ECTV patch is still needed for those? Do I need to go all-or-none here or will these two just play nice without the patch?

Then again, if they're compatible why did a cow eat some poor fishmonger's market stand (and perhaps fishmonger too, while at it)?! :D

https://i.imgur.com/yqyJwEa.jpg

Levitating fish. Magic, truly.

[i have only activated the visual mods for this to test performance, it's textures, ETaC, and DoS, no shenanigans]

ECTV + DoS + JK SuperLite + the DOS SuperLite patch is less performance intensive than ECTV + DoS by itself... atleast in my experience.  Please just try ECTV as it's expected to be, if it's too much then it's too much...  The CRPatch for the guide only works with the full ECTV as shown in the guide;  you either use it or you don't.  Also most of the stuff in ECTV are for individual locations... Clefj's Dragonbridge isnt' affecting performance anywhere that's not in dragonsbridge... You're free to roll your own patch if you want some other combination but patching is 100% required to make it play nicely with other things in the guide...

Edited by jdsmith2816

Well, okay then, I installed all of them. I was worried mostly about combining mods in the big towns moreso than separate villages, but maybe it will be okay, I think ETaC didn't change many of those actually. I checked Markarth with Sky city (description said it adds a lot of stuff) and maybe it's not baby smooth, but it will do.

That leaves me with just the persistent Falskaar problem - I have removed (well, changed) the master dependency of ECTV_Merged from Falskaar.esm to Skyrim.esm (doubling the latter) with Wrye Bash. This might've been a stupid thing to do, I got a copy of the untouched .esm if so. You said earlier that the Falskaar entries in the patches are small and irrelevant, do I need to remove them some smart way? Or is this gonna be okay with just master replaced?

I assume I have to go through the merging section to really see if it works out though because of the need of LCEM_merged plugin to activate the patch.

Please don't facepalm too hard if I made a big stupid, it's a waste of perfectly good face.

Edited by Ellilea

Well, okay then, I installed all of them. I was worried mostly about combining mods in the big towns moreso than separate villages, but maybe it will be okay, I think ETaC didn't change many of those actually. I checked Markarth with Sky city (description said it adds a lot of stuff) and maybe it's not baby smooth, but it will do.

That leaves me with just the persistent Falskaar problem - I have removed (well, changed) the master dependency of ECTV_Merged from Falskaar.esm to Skyrim.esm (doubling the latter) with Wrye Bash. This might've been a stupid thing to do, I got a copy of the untouched .esm if so. You said earlier that the Falskaar entries in the patches are small and irrelevant, do I need to remove them some smart way? Or is this gonna be okay with just master replaced?

I assume I have to go through the merging section to really see if it works out though because of the need of LCEM_merged plugin to activate the patch.

Please don't facepalm too hard if I made a big stupid, it's a waste of perfectly good face.

ECTV consists from city expansions like ETaC or other individual mods for different locations like ClefJ dragon bridge or jk skaal village etc., that don't impact on fps very much, and JK Lite + DoS that brings only clutter to the cities. If you have problems with ECTV on fps then you should skip it all together... or as JD suggested try your own patch if you want to skip the clutter mods.

Markarth is a heavy place on fps even on vanilla so i don't think it can be much worse.

Don't change masters because you will have problems... the entry/form ID is still in the patch and just points now to nothing... delete those entries with xedit if you want to get rid of falskaar dependancy and clean masters then.