SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Whee... So everything has been fully updated as far as mod content and patches go... Diana is still working on getting everything installed and tested but it's just a matter of a (short) amount of time now I believe before everything is fully ready for you all.

Sorry for the slow progress... it's alot of things to cover :D

Good day all! Just curious why this guide has so much less clutter and misc textures/vanilla item re-textures than SRLE LOTD? And is OBIS, Immersive Patrols, Scarcity - Less Loot, Perseids Inn's, Better stealth for AI followers, Vividian weathers/ENB and ELFX not compatible with Reqtified? Thanks!

Good day all! Just curious why this guide has so much less clutter and misc textures/vanilla item re-textures than SRLE LOTD? And is OBIS, Immersive Patrols, Scarcity - Less Loot, Perseids Inn's, Better stealth for AI followers, Vividian weathers/ENB and ELFX not compatible with Reqtified? Thanks!

Because there's a whole Beautification Guide dedicated to improving the looks and feel.  If we added too much to the main guide there'd be alot of work just uninstalling it for people that wanted to use the Beautification Guide.  You're free to do whatever you like :)

OBIS is impossible with Requiem.

Immersive Patrols was left out due to unbalancing effect finding tons of loot on the dead corpses has... Also why would htey randomly fight over non important terrain?  It's compatible though and there's a patch for it if you want.

Scarcity won't really work... Having said that we're not blowing up the leveled lists so it's not really necessary.

ECTV covers everything you may need regarding expanded towns, inns, etc..

WLSO allows you to use basically any weather lighting enb combination you want.

Whee... So everything has been fully updated as far as mod content and patches go... Diana is still working on getting everything installed and tested but it's just a matter of a (short) amount of time now I believe before everything is fully ready for you all.

Sorry for the slow progress... it's alot of things to cover :D

Wonderful job! Congratulations, it's a glorious guide, really :) I believe I downloaded and installed all the mods (phew), gotta take stock of what I have and what I must break now :p

Could you meanwhile answer my tiny question from last page?

"Can I name the MO Mods folders as I please or do I need them named the way the guide has them?"

Wonderful job! Congratulations, it's a glorious guide, really :) I believe I downloaded and installed all the mods (phew), gotta take stock of what I have and what I must break now :p

Could you meanwhile answer my tiny question from last page?

"Can I name the MO Mods folders as I please or do I need them named the way the guide has them?"

Name them whatever you want however most have been named for ease of use when merging... Type RW2 for isntance in the search box and you get the folders related to the RW2 merge.. Same for LECM.. etc

you should modify this part in the wiki then

Thank you Paul. I removed it.

I'm getting a late start today, but I will go through the guide one more time to double check and make certain everything is updated. Most of the edits to perform now will be for the Optional Mods. Since I know that the CORE setup will boot up and play nice for a couple of hours without a CTD on my system, I'll be moving on to installing the Optional Mods to test.  

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Name them whatever you want however most have been named for ease of use when merging... Type RW2 for isntance in the search box and you get the folders related to the RW2 merge.. Same for LECM.. etc

Okay, thanks. I categorized them too, should be okay. Just wanted to know if I need to re-rename them :)

I have gone over the entire guide (up to the part where it's about merging and stuff, want to confirm some stuff before I get to that), I've got a bunch of questions/few confusions. I'll post them in a little bit, maybe something will be useable for some n00b-friendly added notes to the guide for I am a n00b and I could spot things n00bs could benefit from :P

I don't know how to thank you for your work on this btw, so here's a buttfighting dog of gratitude: https://gfycat.com/ImpoliteOnlyKronosaurus

Okay, thanks. I categorized them too, should be okay. Just wanted to know if I need to re-rename them :)

I have gone over the entire guide (up to the part where it's about merging and stuff, want to confirm some stuff before I get to that), I've got a bunch of questions/few confusions. I'll post them in a little bit, maybe something will be useable for some n00b-friendly added notes to the guide for I am a n00b and I could spot things n00bs could benefit from :P

I don't know how to thank you for your work on this btw, so here's a buttfighting dog of gratitude: https://gfycat.com/ImpoliteOnlyKronosaurus

LOL, you're welcome. It's a community effort to keep these guides updated and supported.

I'm still working on the final phase of the edits, and there will be some updated patches that JD has created for me to upload, mostly related to the Beatification Guide, but there is a new CR Patch as well. I'll try to upload these patches by the end of this evening. 

No rush on my account :9, I'll sit on what I have for a little bit in case the guide gets some more updates :) It's still fresh like a hot muffin. I'll likely return to modding this next week or so once the dust settles :)

Anyhow, I composed that list of questions and stuff, maybe aside of my whining there will be something useful for you guys there too, dunno. Anyway, here goes.

########

1. Just to make sure that I didn't miss it somewhere - this guide does not utilize the basic STEP patches? The ones that include some visual-enhancements and have a bunch of requirements? STEP Core/Extended.

2. The mod "Bring out your dead" seems to be endorsed by STEP and given a lot of props for being immersive. Is there a reason it is not in the pack?

3. What is the reason behind cutting all generic population mods (non-fighting NPCs)? I mean things like "Immersive Wenches", "Populated Prisons", and the widely-used "Inconsequential NPCs"

4. I've chosen to add just two of the quest mods I've mentioned before and I researched them a little. In case someone was curious:

"Helgen Reborn" works mostly fine with Requiem, as most of its enemies are Vanilla entities - they actually make the quest challenging given that a vampire makes an appearance. On the other hand some arena sequence is too easy, but it's nothing *too* bad.

"Wheels of Lull" is not so much about fighting as puzzles/Zelda style jumping/trap dodging etc. dungeon. Many of the fights require custom items and wits moreso than perks and stats, so it's probably worth a try. Once I get there, I will let you know how much of that is true. I've seen some reports of it not starting with Requiem, but also some ways to fix it (not to mention it could be a conflict from any other mods those people had).

5. "Flora Overhaul" is quite an FPS-eater from what I remember, no? Even on low settings the author says that it will eat away some FPS, the only difference is whether it will be a lot or little. Perhaps it should get a warning like the city-expanding mods?

6. "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul" could be a good candidate for an optional mod :) I've heard it's pretty damn awesome.

7. What should I do with "ECTV Patches Merged" for Legacy if I only got the modular file for that? Should I skip all of it, ignore the patch, install it anyway?

8. Is it okay to install/uninstall "Dawn of Skyrim" and "Expanded Towns and Cities" at will if they prove to be too hard? Is it okay to only have the modular part of ETAC but none of the other listed files?

9. FNIC Player only animations - I do not truly understand the purpose of this mod. And then I also don't understand the way it's supposed to be installed by this guide's directions. Why is everything deleted? What if there are some other animations used aside/instead of Immersive Animations? (the files seem to point to that mod alone?). I'm confused here.

10. I've noticed there's no mod to allow the player to see their body in first person. Is there some reason? Incompatibility, glitches, whatever else? I can do without, but I'm a bit curious.

11. Speaking of curious - is there a reason all the readmes and .bsl files ought to be removed? If so I'll have to check if I didn't let some live.

12. No SMIM patch for Wearable Lanterns? Any reason?

13. I tried to run the DDsopt on the Immersive Weapons according to the guide, but both sections (textures and normals) seem to be doing the exact same thing to the exact same files :o I did it once, but then I got confused. Could someone tell me what's up, please? :p

14. I want to install two bigger item visual mods that I find are hugely important visuals wise - "Books Covers of Skyrim" and "Radiant Potions and Booze Bottles". It's okay, right? Or will "Requiem" overwrite their looks? There used to be a patch for the latter, but many other texture mods exist. I don't know. Makes me wonder.

15. "Skyrim Unlocked" sounds like a fun little immersion change that could work pretty well with Requiem, but I don't know if it would behave 100% well. Just throwing it out there.

16. "Smart Souls" and "Fuz Ro D'oh" put their inis in MO's overwrite folder. MO then complains. Maybe add a note to move them to their respective mod folders to avoid some overwrite-mod mess later if someone gets mods that add stuff there?

17. "Audio Overhaul for Skyrim" has various weather patches. Are they necessary for weather mods? If so, perhaps let people know to install the one they will be using since the pack doesn't have a must-install one?

18. "Unique Town & Locations Music" says in the description in will conflict with weather mods. If the pack's patch doesn't fix it, perhaps it would be better to make it optional to be safe or something? Or is that irrelevant?

19. How's "Requiem Realistic Darkness" gonna do with "Climates of Tamriel" darker nights? All okay?

20. Can't find the listed "Frostfall" patch in the guide's patch pack :<

21. "Dual Wield Parrying" is marked as the author as experimental. Is it risky to use it?

22. Should I merge HDT-Enabled KS Hairdos the same way the guide says to merge the regular kind?

23. Should I be adding my additional mods to the merge packs if they fit the category or is it okay to leave them be/I should make them separate packs?

24. Is the "Categorized Favorites" mod out of favor for some reason? I recall it being a more vital UI addition that many.

25. "WLSO - Weather Lighting and Sound Overhaul - Patches" archive is empty :o Should something be there? It's listed in the guide as a step in installation, I just installed an empty dummy folder, but MO isn't happy about it.

26. What is the Beautification project here? I thought it would be a list of more visual mods, but it's something entirely different. A software to connect the mods already present? Is it necessary? Does it mean to beautify the MO folders not Skyrim?

27. If the installation is finished and new versions of mods appear, is it viable to replace them with new ones or will it require a complete 'raze to the ground and rebuild' as far as all the merges and whatnot are concerned?

######

I have installed the quests and followers and even the notice board (and a bunch of other mods I didn't quite care for) for the sake of simplicity. It left me with a shorter list of unused ones. Green is all the nature stuff. Will the absence of any of these mods cause problems? And could I get a hint or two about how to remove others as dependencies from the patch?

https://i.imgur.com/zv4VenU.png

After further limiting the mods I want to install on top of the install I've arrived at this list and will likely report how it goes later. There are also some visual enhancements and a few patches/updates for the listed mods but I hid them away for the sake of clarity here.
Maybe something will look interesting for an optional mod/look idiotic to install. (Population mod remnants might go, depending on the answer to some above question, idk if previous 'no' applied only to fighterly NPCs or all of them).

https://i.imgur.com/VURcFTj.jpg

Speaking of, there is a mod in the guide that improves Thieves guild requirements and one for Companions, but I think Immersive College doesn't do that - is there a reason "College Days" and "Entry Requirements" are not listed? Some incompatibility/instability found?

Edited by Ellilea

I have a few answers

No rush on my account :9, I'll sit on what I have for a little bit in case the guide gets some more updates :) It's still fresh like a hot muffin. I'll likely return to modding this next week or so once the dust settles :)

Anyhow, I composed that list of questions and stuff, maybe aside of my whining there will be something useful for you guys there too, dunno. Anyway, here goes.

########

1. Just to make sure that I didn't miss it somewhere - this guide does not utilize the basic STEP patches? The ones that include some visual-enhancements and have a bunch of requirements? STEP Core/Extended.

2. The mod "Bring out your dead" seems to be endorsed by STEP and given a lot of props for being immersive. Is there a reason it is not in the pack? - don't think it works with ETaC and JKs / edited worldspace overwrites

3. What is the reason behind cutting all generic population mods (non-fighting NPCs)? I mean things like "Immersive Wenches", "Populated Prisons", and the widely-used "Inconsequential NPCs"

4. I've chosen to add just two of the quest mods I've mentioned before and I researched them a little. In case someone was curious:

"Helgen Reborn" works mostly fine with Requiem, as most of its enemies are Vanilla entities - they actually make the quest challenging given that a vampire makes an appearance. On the other hand some arena sequence is too easy, but it's nothing *too* bad.

"Wheels of Lull" is not so much about fighting as puzzles/Zelda style jumping/trap dodging etc. dungeon. Many of the fights require custom items and wits moreso than perks and stats, so it's probably worth a try. Once I get there, I will let you know how much of that is true. I've seen some reports of it not starting with Requiem, but also some ways to fix it (not to mention it could be a conflict from any other mods those people had).

5. "Flora Overhaul" is quite an FPS-eater from what I remember, no? Even on low settings the author says that it will eat away some FPS, the only difference is whether it will be a lot or little. Perhaps it should get a warning like the city-expanding mods?

6. "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul" could be a good candidate for an optional mod :) I've heard it's pretty damn awesome. - does not work with ETaC and JKs

7. What should I do with "ECTV Patches Merged" for Legacy if I only got the modular file for that? Should I skip all of it, ignore the patch, install it anyway?

8. Is it okay to install/uninstall "Dawn of Skyrim" and "Expanded Towns and Cities" at will if they prove to be too hard? Is it okay to only have the modular part of ETAC but none of the other listed files?

9. FNIC Player only animations - I do not truly understand the purpose of this mod. And then I also don't understand the way it's supposed to be installed by this guide's directions. Why is everything deleted? What if there are some other animations used aside/instead of Immersive Animations? (the files seem to point to that mod alone?). I'm confused here.

10. I've noticed there's no mod to allow the player to see their body in first person. Is there some reason? Incompatibility, glitches, whatever else? I can do without, but I'm a bit curious.

11. Speaking of curious - is there a reason all the readmes and .bsl files ought to be removed? If so I'll have to check if I didn't let some live. - unnecessary space / .bsl is a file used by archive.exe to display the original names of the files in the .bsa

12. No SMIM patch for Wearable Lanterns? Any reason?

13. I tried to run the DDsopt on the Immersive Weapons according to the guide, but both sections (textures and normals) seem to be doing the exact same thing to the exact same files :o I did it once, but then I got confused. Could someone tell me what's up, please? :p

14. I want to install two bigger item visual mods that I find are hugely important visuals wise - "Books Covers of Skyrim" and "Radiant Potions and Booze Bottles". It's okay, right? Or will "Requiem" overwrite their looks? There used to be a patch for the latter, but many other texture mods exist. I don't know. Makes me wonder.

15. "Skyrim Unlocked" sounds like a fun little immersion change that could work pretty well with Requiem, but I don't know if it would behave 100% well. Just throwing it out there.

16. "Smart Souls" and "Fuz Ro D'oh" put their inis in MO's overwrite folder. MO then complains. Maybe add a note to move them to their respective mod folders to avoid some overwrite-mod mess later if someone gets mods that add stuff there?

17. "Audio Overhaul for Skyrim" has various weather patches. Are they necessary for weather mods? If so, perhaps let people know to install the one they will be using since the pack doesn't have a must-install one?

18. "Unique Town & Locations Music" says in the description in will conflict with weather mods. If the pack's patch doesn't fix it, perhaps it would be better to make it optional to be safe or something? Or is that irrelevant?

19. How's "Requiem Realistic Darkness" gonna do with "Climates of Tamriel" darker nights? All okay? - I am curious as well - hope its dark!

20. Can't find the listed "Frostfall" patch in the guide's patch pack :<

21. "Dual Wield Parrying" is marked as the author as experimental. Is it risky to use it?

22. Should I merge HDT-Enabled KS Hairdos the same way the guide says to merge the regular kind?

23. Should I be adding my additional mods to the merge packs if they fit the category or is it okay to leave them be/I should make them separate packs?

24. Is the "Categorized Favorites" mod out of favor for some reason? I recall it being a more vital UI addition that many. - SkyUI is superior in most people's opinions

25. "WLSO - Weather Lighting and Sound Overhaul - Patches" archive is empty :o Should something be there? It's listed in the guide as a step in installation, I just installed an empty dummy folder, but MO isn't happy about it.

26. What is the Beautification project here? I thought it would be a list of more visual mods, but it's something entirely different. A software to connect the mods already present? Is it necessary? Does it mean to beautify the MO folders not Skyrim?

27. If the installation is finished and new versions of mods appear, is it viable to replace them with new ones or will it require a complete 'raze to the ground and rebuild' as far as all the merges and whatnot are concerned?

######

I have installed the quests and followers and even the notice board (and a bunch of other mods I didn't quite care for) for the sake of simplicity. It left me with a shorter list of unused ones. Green is all the nature stuff. Will the absence of any of these mods cause problems? And could I get a hint or two about how to remove others as dependencies from the patch?

After further limiting the mods I want to install on top of the install I've arrived at this list and will likely report how it goes later. There are also some visual enhancements and a few patches/updates for the listed mods but I hid them away for the sake of clarity here.
Maybe something will look interesting for an optional mod/look idiotic to install. (Population mod remnants might go, depending on the answer to some above question, idk if previous 'no' applied only to fighterly NPCs or all of them).

Speaking of, there is a mod in the guide that improves Thieves guild requirements and one for Companions, but I think Immersive College doesn't do that - is there a reason "College Days" and "Entry Requirements" are not listed? Some incompatibility/instability found?

@D1z4str

About BYOD, from their page: "Expanded Towns and Cities has been confirmed to be 100% compatible as of version 2.0." Nothing about JK's mods, but using both that and ETAC sounds more like an install for a wondrous screenshot adventure than anything else unless someone has a monster PC :p

As for Immersive Citizens, I found this topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/46qc8f/fyi_immersive_citizens_compatibility_patches_have/

Strange to say the least. And sad, too, that he would react this way. It appears that she never got to post the patches and they're not present in the Immersive Citizens package either.

...reading stuff further on the reddit I'm baffled. Why is there so much drama in the modding community? We should all love each other and enjoy mods :(

Didn't know SkyUI has Categorized Favorites included. I was always using them together. Hmm.

EDIT: Found this digging deeper into the Immersive Citizens:

"Expanded Towns and Cities (ETaC) - Modular (Inn & no Inn version): Riverwood, Rorikstead, Dark Water Crossing and Falkreath"

"Dawn of Skyrim (Director's Cut version incompatible ; the original version is fully compatible)"

Source: https://nextgen-ai.com/immersive-citizens-compatibility-list/

(https://nextgen-ai.com/immersive-citizens-ai-overhaul/#introduction)

Edited by Ellilea

Updated with new version, FOMOD instructions, and ECTV support instructions:  

[Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central]

CORE

Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central - 18.6 - by jcbq and sirjesto

Files to download :

• MAIN FILES - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch Collection v18.6
  • OPTIONAL FILES - LOTD Notice Board Expansion Module, Expanded Towns and Cities Patch
Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

5. "Flora Overhaul" is quite an FPS-eater from what I remember, no? Even on low settings the author says that it will eat away some FPS, the only difference is whether it will be a lot or little. Perhaps it should get a warning like the city-expanding mods? Done

7. What should I do with "ECTV Patches Merged" for Legacy if I only got the modular file for that? Should I skip all of it, ignore the patch, install it anyway? If you do not install the ECTV mods, you will not need the patches.

25. "WLSO - Weather Lighting and Sound Overhaul - Patches" archive is empty :o Should something be there? It's listed in the guide as a step in installation, I just installed an empty dummy folder, but MO isn't happy about it. It should contain the Patches. I will make certain to double chek the files before I upload them later tonight or tomorrow. Thank you for letting us know.

########

1. Just to make sure that I didn't miss it somewhere - this guide does not utilize the basic STEP patches? The ones that include some visual-enhancements and have a bunch of requirements? STEP Core/Extended.  Correct

2. The mod "Bring out your dead" seems to be endorsed by STEP and given a lot of props for being immersive. Is there a reason it is not in the pack? Not compatible with ECTV and has conflicts with other things in the pack... Just decided it wasn't worth for the small benefit derived from it.

3. What is the reason behind cutting all generic population mods (non-fighting NPCs)? I mean things like "Immersive Wenches", "Populated Prisons", and the widely-used "Inconsequential NPCsThe amount of patching required is extensive.. not only for requiem but also for other things in the mod...  Everything added has a cost of my time.  With Interesting NPCs I decided it was enough.  You're free to add whatever you want but you're going to run into problems.

"Wheels of Lull" is not so much about fighting as puzzles/Zelda style jumping/trap dodging etc. dungeon. Many of the fights require custom items and wits moreso than perks and stats, so it's probably worth a try. Once I get there, I will let you know how much of that is true. I've seen some reports of it not starting with Requiem, but also some ways to fix it (not to mention it could be a conflict from any other mods those people had). IIRC there's actually quite a few boss style encounters to that mod which will definitely be borked.  Let me know how it goes.

5. "Flora Overhaul" is quite an FPS-eater from what I remember, no? Even on low settings the author says that it will eat away some FPS, the only difference is whether it will be a lot or little. Perhaps it should get a warning like the city-expanding mods? SFO has an FPS cost... Just depends on your rig.  I have the full guide (Core + ECTV + PCE Radioactive + Beautification) installed runnign 3440x1440 resolution with Rudy 3.0b ENB.  I capped my FPS at 30 because I like smooth FPS not spikes... In the worst places, with capping turned off, I hover right at the 30-32 mark... In the best I hit high 50s.. I average high 30s/low 40s running around in exteriors and high 40s/low 50s on interiors.  My rig is 6GB 980TI w/ a i7 4770k and 16gb ram.

6. "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul" could be a good candidate for an optional mod :) I've heard it's pretty damn awesome. It's totally incompatible with the ECTV load out, it causes crazy long load times and the mod author is a dick.  All of this for some idle markers and functionality that Wet and Cold can replicate... no thanks.

7. What should I do with "ECTV Patches Merged" for Legacy if I only got the modular file for that? Should I skip all of it, ignore the patch, install it anyway? You appear to be looking at outdated stuff.  Diana should have new ECTV section updated soon if it's not already.

8. Is it okay to install/uninstall "Dawn of Skyrim" and "Expanded Towns and Cities" at will if they prove to be too hard? Is it okay to only have the modular part of ETAC but none of the other listed files? No

10. I've noticed there's no mod to allow the player to see their body in first person. Is there some reason? Incompatibility, glitches, whatever else? I can do without, but I'm a bit curious. Enhanced Camera does this...?

11. Speaking of curious - is there a reason all the readmes and .bsl files ought to be removed? If so I'll have to check if I didn't let some live. Doesn't matter

12. No SMIM patch for Wearable Lanterns? Any reason? Didn't know it was a thing.. feel free to use it if you want.

13. I tried to run the DDsopt on the Immersive Weapons according to the guide, but both sections (textures and normals) seem to be doing the exact same thing to the exact same files :o I did it once, but then I got confused. Could someone tell me what's up, please? :p Read the STEP DDSOpt guide then try again. 

14. I want to install two bigger item visual mods that I find are hugely important visuals wise - "Books Covers of Skyrim" and "Radiant Potions and Booze Bottles". It's okay, right? Or will "Requiem" overwrite their looks? There used to be a patch for the latter, but many other texture mods exist. I don't know. Makes me wonder.  Book Covers Skyrim is included as part of Legacy of the Dragonborn..  This guide uses Realistic HD Beverages and Rustic Potions... You'll need to create a pathc for youself if you want to use something different.

15. "Skyrim Unlocked" sounds like a fun little immersion change that could work pretty well with Requiem, but I don't know if it would behave 100% well. Just throwing it out there. No idea

17. "Audio Overhaul for Skyrim" has various weather patches. Are they necessary for weather mods? If so, perhaps let people know to install the one they will be using since the pack doesn't have a must-install one? Please quit worrying about weather lighting and sound until you finally read about WLSO... I've mentioend it a few times now.

18. "Unique Town & Locations Music" says in the description in will conflict with weather mods. If the pack's patch doesn't fix it, perhaps it would be better to make it optional to be safe or something? Or is that irrelevant?  Please assume that I have a clue....  WLSO fixes everything.

19. How's "Requiem Realistic Darkness" gonna do with "Climates of Tamriel" darker nights? All okay?  There will be a WLSO configuration added for RRD + CoT the page just hasn't been updated yet.  I suggest just trying the core suggestion of RRD + Revamped Exterior Fog configuration of WLSO along with Rudy 3.0b Vanilla... It's gorgeous and it has just the right darkness balance.

20. Can't find the listed "Frostfall" patch in the guide's patch pack :<  No idea, I haven't touched the survival stuff.

21. "Dual Wield Parrying" is marked as the author as experimental. Is it risky to use it? ....... 

23. Should I be adding my additional mods to the merge packs if they fit the category or is it okay to leave them be/I should make them separate packs? You could add them as long as you always add them AFTER the existing mods so you don't cause any re-numbering issues.  Note that you have to make the merge internally consistent otherwise you'll lose the ability to resolve the internal conflicts since once it's merged it's obviously all squished due to rule of one...

24. Is the "Categorized Favorites" mod out of favor for some reason? I recall it being a more vital UI addition that many.

25. "WLSO - Weather Lighting and Sound Overhaul - Patches" archive is empty :o Should something be there? It's listed in the guide as a step in installation, I just installed an empty dummy folder, but MO isn't happy about it. WLSO is being updated.

26. What is the Beautification project here? I thought it would be a list of more visual mods, but it's something entirely different. A software to connect the mods already present? Is it necessary? Does it mean to beautify the MO folders not Skyrim? This question is literally answered by simply reading the beautification page and the SMC mod description page.. Both of which have to be read 100% in their entirety as it's ALL totally relevant if you want to successfully complete it...

27. If the installation is finished and new versions of mods appear, is it viable to replace them with new ones or will it require a complete 'raze to the ground and rebuild' as far as all the merges and whatnot are concerned? That's not a simple question.... just depends on the mod in question.. Unless the guide has stopped updating just wait until you see us update it.

######

I have installed the quests and followers and even the notice board (and a bunch of other mods I didn't quite care for) for the sake of simplicity. It left me with a shorter list of unused ones. Green is all the nature stuff. Will the absence of any of these mods cause problems? And could I get a hint or two about how to remove others as dependencies from the patch?  Unless you have a potato for a PC just try it out with TAFM... it makes a huge difference.  If you decide the FPS hit is too much then feel free to drop it as nothing depends on TAFM.

Speaking of, there is a mod in the guide that improves Thieves guild requirements and one for Companions, but I think Immersive College doesn't do that - is there a reason "College Days" and "Entry Requirements" are not listed? Some incompatibility/instability found? I'm not a fan of either mod.  I don't think there was any reason other than that.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page... Anything you add that touches an existing cell, worldspace, leveld list, npc, armor, potion, etc... Anything already existing in the game.. Is literally likely to need conflict resolution in some fashion... If you're going to extend this list you need to spend the time learning how to patch the mods against the load order or you're going to really encounter strange things here and there.  There are tons of resources available on how to do this including some awesome gopher, dirty weasel and gamer poets videos.  There's also text guides on STEP and a whole pdf based guide in nexus.

Sorry if I've come across as a dick;  that's not my intent.  I'm just naturally a bit cranky and this was a really long list :P  Feel free to shoot more questions our way.. they'll get answered and hopefully the answers help everyone.

Edited by jdsmith2816