SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

@Nozzer66

Thanks, that sounds like a neat and easy solution. Unsure if I did it wrong or if the ECTV_Merged is just not complete yet (since Diana said it's all WIP still), it gave me no records when I ran the script on it and picked Falskaar as the master to check (https://imgur.com/a/7qziW), but I'll try it again tomorrow or so when I can try it with other patches that require Falskaar. I haven't yet activated all the necessary mods for the other CR patches, thought I'd test the visuals before doing gameplay, but it's time to move I guess. Well, tomorrow. Good night meanwhile and sweet dreams.

Also I'm not even thinking of touching any light/weather mods with my grubby hands. Worry not, I won't come here crying for help in doing that :D:D I just accepted Claralux and whatever else was in the guide mod-by-mod and not even looking twice at it. Nuh.

Edited by Ellilea

Evening',

I was going through the left-side ordering guide, making sure things are okay. I found a minor thingie for you - a duplicate entry of the "Boat Bobbing" sneaked its way into the Treasure Hunts section.

Also, a bunch of entries doesn't mesh with the download guide in that in download the folders are more consolidated (include patches alongside the main file) whereas in the left-side ordering they're not. I figure that's completely inconsequential and the download guide is the one up to date, but just mentioning it since I'm already mentioning things.

#

And small question - when it comes to things like the "Moon and Star" Immersion plugin and from "iNPC" Don't Call me Dragonborn - should I get those? Or are they problematic? I decided to use "Live Another Life" instead of "Skyrim Unbound" in the end, because the latter cuts out the beginning of the quest and I want to play through it. Hope it will be okay, I mean it's Art's mod so can't be too bad, can it. I just really prefer it, it feels more organic and less "set your spawns in MCM" kind of thing on top of the cut quest and an intro that bugged for me.

#

Also I noticed in the changelog of the guide that RS Children used to be included. Why were they cut? I really want that mod, but I'd like to know why it got booted. Was it crashing something? :<

Was dropped for incompatibility.. every mod with a child has to have a RS Children patch.. it's just annoying.  Rustic Children looks good and children are such a tiny part of skyrim that it's jsut not worth it to me.

You can add RS Children if you want but you'll need to do you rown patching for it... Again every in game npc is touched so if you just load up RS Children without patching you'll be overwriting the changes the guide has made.

You can't just slap in live another life without patching... The cell, npc and quest edits are definitely gonna conflict also you'd needi to pull Skyrim Unbound out of the CR patch as there are quest and dialogue changes that have been resolved there.

All in all it's not simple and not doing it properly could have some unfortuant econsequences.

Avoid installing something like Don't call me Dragonborn... again it's going to mess with alot of quests and dialogue.. thigns which are already heavily modified by other mods such as RDO and Skyrim Unbound... among others..

It realy sounds like you're just not interested in the experience we've crafted here, consider looking at Belmont Boy's newly released Ultimate Skyrim  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82846/?

Edit: Note, this isn't me telling you to GTFO.. I just simply throught it was prudent to provide an alternative in case it was closer to what you were really looking for.  You're definitely welcome to do whichever suits you best. :D

Edited by jdsmith2816

I am interested in this thing, I do want to tweak a few things, but that's idk, 2% of everything you've got here. The other 98% I like, which is why I'm trying to make it work and compromise on things like followers I won't use and so, the guide is an awesome thing and at its core it's exactly what I want. I even installed the damned Falskaar for it :P Just to mess with the files as little possible. I know it might seem like I'm whining or whatnot, but I really am not. I appreciate what you've created here so very much. I just want to customize it a wee little bit :<

There simply are some additional things I care about in Skyrim (the looks of children or positioning books on shelves, crap like that) and I'm trying to find a way to tack them on. They don't actually change the essence of this install though. I like your thing more than I like that alternative thing, the other has even more mods I don't want or need, not to mention I got this one nearly complete and already made peace with 99% of the things I was in disagreement about at first :p

I think the only remaining points of stubborness for me are those children (I spend a lot of time playing at home and looking at those fugly faces) and the Live Another Life. The rest is just some small mods that add this or that, but not replace/conflict with anything, as far as I could research. I'm fine with some random kids looking vanilla, I'll experiment with RS Children and its patches, load them somewhere near the top so they don't overwrite anything important. Maybe it will be fine. Why does it touch every NPC and not just children though? That makes little sense.

I'll pass on the iNPC Don't Call Me DB/MAS Immersion patches then. Thanks and good to know. I can live with that.

I plan to start Alternate Start as the most unintrusive beginning I can find so it doesn't have to modify any factions or NPCs. I know something can go wrong somewhere there, but I think it's worth the risk for me, to be honest. I haven't played that Skyrim main quest in forever, I don't want to miss out on the full experience. And I just really like LAL.

###

Install-wise. I have a problem/got confused when it comes to a few entries regarding the patches and the SRLE packages.

1. On the list (SRLE_LOTD_Reqtified_Integration_Page) there is an entry saying "Requiem - ECTV" I'm not sure what that is. I found two ECTV related things in the Core and Optional packages, one is "crpatch__ectv.esp" I figured it would be the one that goes after Claralux though? And the other is "ECTV_merged.esp" but that's the name of the plugin that ought to be created in the merge part of the guide, so I'm not sure what that is or what the Requiem - ECTV should be :s

2. That missing Frostfall pack in the "Optional Files" from the patch pack makes me wonder, but there are survival patches for Requiem provided elsewhere. Is that something necessary that's missing/planned for later or are those other patches sufficient? I'm a bit confused here too.

3. There's also a "Settlements_Expanded_with_Inns_Merged.esp" I didn't find it mentioned anywhere in the guide. Is this just another thing that I'm supposed to make in merge part and not use from the package? Or does it serve some purpose?

4. "Legacy of the Dragonborn" says it only opens up parts for installed mods if the .esp for them is present. I wonder if it's somehow changed in the CR patch when it comes to the BadGremlin's mods? Since they are to be merged. Or if I should leave them unmerged if I want something to appear in the museum?

5. Where should the "Notice Board Expansion Module" from the Legacy patch cental optional files go? Into the patches folder? A separate one installed somewhere near Legacy? Nowhere?

Edited by Ellilea

1. There was a patch related to ECTV - requiem but now maybe it's rolled into the one CR... i don't know for sure here since i'm not involved in the guide too much now. Could be just a remnant from the old guide.

2. I'm not really sure what you mean here... there is a patch in the requiem patch central installer for Frostfall if i remember right...

3. In the Merge Page you will merge inns and settlements mods and you will replace the merged esp with the one provided

4. badgremlins can be merged and using Relinker LOTD will recognize the merged mods... or leave them unmerged that is up to you... could be some CR related edits that you need to modify then

5. they will get merged with the rest of LOTD patches

1. Okay, maybe someone uptodate will confirm/deny

2. If you go to the main guide and find the "[Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival Patches]" subsection, it lists a patch/package from the Guide's Patch Central - Optional Files that is not there, but in the regular Requiem Patch Central there are patches for both Frostfall and Campfire. Hence I wonder if those are sufficient.

3, 4, 5. Okay, I see.

I am interested in this thing, I do want to tweak a few things, but that's idk, 2% of everything you've got here. The other 98% I like, which is why I'm trying to make it work and compromise on things like followers I won't use and so, the guide is an awesome thing and at its core it's exactly what I want. I even installed the damned Falskaar for it :P Just to mess with the files as little possible. I know it might seem like I'm whining or whatnot, but I really am not. I appreciate what you've created here so very much. I just want to customize it a wee little bit :<

There simply are some additional things I care about in Skyrim (the looks of children or positioning books on shelves, crap like that) and I'm trying to find a way to tack them on.  I understand what you're trying to do... I'm just saying in order to tack on anything altering vanilla npcs, cells, weapons, perks.. Almost anything.. you need to do the custom patching work or you're going to mess something up.  If you're fine with strange random things and instability then do completley as you will.  I always operate under the assumption that hte user wants to be able to play the game from start to finish with as few problems as possible...  I can't remember the last time I crashed during a playthrough for instance...  It's just really really rare.

They don't actually change the essence of this install though. I like your thing more than I like that alternative thing, the other has even more mods I don't want or need, not to mention I got this one nearly complete and already made peace with 99% of the things I was in disagreement about at first :p

I think the only remaining points of stubborness for me are those children (I spend a lot of time playing at home and looking at those fugly faces) and the Live Another Life. The rest is just some small mods that add this or that, but not replace/conflict with anything, as far as I could research. I'm fine with some random kids looking vanilla, I'll experiment with RS Children and its patches, load them somewhere near the top so they don't overwrite anything important. Maybe it will be fine. Why does it touch every NPC and not just children though? That makes little sense. - RSChildren doesn't touch every npc... Our guide does.. literally.  Therefor if you load it early you're goign to have the changes reverted and have ugly faces.. if you load it late you're ruining changes we have made.  Thus the requirement for a patch....  

I'll pass on the iNPC Don't Call Me DB/MAS Immersion patches then. Thanks and good to know. I can live with that.

I plan to start Alternate Start as the most unintrusive beginning I can find so it doesn't have to modify any factions or NPCs. I know something can go wrong somewhere there, but I think it's worth the risk for me, to be honest. I haven't played that Skyrim main quest in forever, I don't want to miss out on the full experience. And I just really like LAL. - Regarding ASLAL... just choosing a vanilla start will not solve the things I've mentioned... The ESP edits world spaces, cells, npcs and quests among other things... Again, load it early and lose ASLAL stuff leaving you with potentially broken game due to quest changes or load it late and leave you with potentially broken game due to lost changes from the guide...  It requires a patch.  As I've said before...  Just so we're clear with Skyrim Unbound you miss out on the escape from helgen + the first dragon fight.  Everything else is unchanged in the main storyline and you're free to start the mainstory line at any point by absorbing your first dragon soul.  If that's not ok for your playthrough then you just need to do the proper patching for ASLAL or remove skyrim unbound (including updating the CR Patch) and play the full vanilla start...

###

Install-wise. I have a problem/got confused when it comes to a few entries regarding the patches and the SRLE packages.

1. On the list (SRLE_LOTD_Reqtified_Integration_Page) there is an entry saying "Requiem - ECTV" I'm not sure what that is. I found two ECTV related things in the Core and Optional packages, one is "crpatch__ectv.esp" I figured it would be the one that goes after Claralux though? And the other is "ECTV_merged.esp" but that's the name of the plugin that ought to be created in the merge part of the guide, so I'm not sure what that is or what the Requiem - ECTV should be :s

2. That missing Frostfall pack in the "Optional Files" from the patch pack makes me wonder, but there are survival patches for Requiem provided elsewhere. Is that something necessary that's missing/planned for later or are those other patches sufficient? I'm a bit confused here too. - Using Frostfall and Campire requires use of TheTrader's patches from the requiem patch central... It will also probably require a small amount of conflict resolution for the guies changes...  I jus thaven't bothered installing the survival stuff and checking yet. 

3. There's also a "Settlements_Expanded_with_Inns_Merged.esp" I didn't find it mentioned anywhere in the guide. Is this just another thing that I'm supposed to make in merge part and not use from the package? Or does it serve some purpose? - ECTV consists of ECTV Merged.esp and Settlements EXpanded with Inns Merged.esp  you do the merges yourself then replace the merged esp with files provided by us...

4. "Legacy of the Dragonborn" says it only opens up parts for installed mods if the .esp for them is present. I wonder if it's somehow changed in the CR patch when it comes to the BadGremlin's mods? Since they are to be merged. Or if I should leave them unmerged if I want something to appear in the museum?  - Again... please assume I have a clue and just do the merge and finish line as specified for things to work properly...

5. Where should the "Notice Board Expansion Module" from the Legacy patch cental optional files go? Into the patches folder? A separate one installed somewhere near Legacy? Nowhere?

It's not that I think you don't know what you're doing, only wondered if maybe there was a reason to NOT allow Legacy to create the rooms for Bad Gremlin's stuff. I'd rather just ask than make some uninformed call ;) If I'm to get bugs at least I want to know I got them for something worthwhile.

I have learned to make patches to carry over visual changes from items to Requiem. Maybe it will allow me to understand how to patch RS Children for the mod and just let all new children from other mods sport their vanilla potato faces/add Rustic Children for those. Hmm. Feels like it could be doable, might be completely wrong, but will see about it. It's just looks so probably the worst case scenario is children will look like a pile of cow dung somehow.

I'm currently running this guide in a pre-standalone iteration, it's gone smoothly for over 700h, so I don't want to change anything there. On the other hand I'm eager to try the updated guide for a new char. To keep things clean I wanted to ask if it's possible to just install MO a second time in a different location and install the updated guide there. And if I can do this is there anything special to consider?

It's not that I think you don't know what you're doing, only wondered if maybe there was a reason to NOT allow Legacy to create the rooms for Bad Gremlin's stuff. I'd rather just ask than make some uninformed call ;) If I'm to get bugs at least I want to know I got them for something worthwhile.

At the end of the guide you will run a programm called ReLinker, this will basically look at what esp you have merged and than edit the scripts of other mods like LotD and replaces esp names with the merge so the merged mods are properly recognized. E.g. if you merge the BadGremlin mods the ReLinker will alter the script the detects the sperate mods to detect the merge and activate the displays for the merged mods.

Edited by thenewkid

I'm currently running this guide in a pre-standalone iteration, it's gone smoothly for over 700h, so I don't want to change anything there. On the other hand I'm eager to try the updated guide for a new char. To keep things clean I wanted to ask if it's possible to just install MO a second time in a different location and install the updated guide there. And if I can do this is there anything special to consider?

Yes you can install MO in a different location. No there is nothing special to it just need more space. 

I have learned to make patches to carry over visual changes from items to Requiem. Maybe it will allow me to understand how to patch RS Children for the mod and just let all new children from other mods sport their vanilla potato faces/add Rustic Children for those. Hmm. Feels like it could be doable, might be completely wrong, but will see about it. It's just looks so probably the worst case scenario is children will look like a pile of cow dung somehow.

For RSChildren I'd start by loading the esp version of it and all of it's patches at the end of NPC Retextures Merged.. then use the finish line script like normal.. and just see what happens.  It's possible that it just works.  Not particularly PROBABLE.. but definitely possible.

I have three MO directories each containing a different loadout.  No concern other than hard drive space.

LOTD will create the rooms if you run Relinker as the guide tells you to... that is the purpose of that program... to allow LOTD to recognize the scripts from the merged mods. Please read through the whole guide and test your game. If you encounter problems then post them to find solutions... to post ahead on potential problems gets you nowhere...

You can do what you want with your install... you can install RSC... just that will be some patching involved... and time ofcourse.

Edited by paul666root

For RSChildren I'd start by loading the esp version of it and all of it's patches at the end of NPC Retextures Merged.. then use the finish line script like normal.. and just see what happens.  It's possible that it just works.  Not particularly PROBABLE.. but definitely possible.

Will do that, thanks.

I'll also bite on the Skyrim Unbound as much as it pains me (:P) and try fabricate the first quest by in-game means and made up restraints .-.