SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

I run the YASH setup on windows 10. Didnt use SMC but instead manually installed textures based on SRLE and the LOTD extended guides.

Used all 1k and 2k textures. Mostly 1k.

I barely get ctds. So it is possible. Reduce your texture sizes and check memory usage with skyrim performance monitor. 

Hi again.

I've now spent months coming back to this guide since November, trying things over and over but still getting CTDs. I even went crazy and partitioned my hd with windows 7. I thought the dx9 memory issue on w8/10 was cause of my CTDs since Crash Fixes says it was possibly out of memory. But no luck.

Funny that I've actually been reading about people with the same issue. I've been lucky enough to talk to jdsmith2816 on Discord all weekend but unfortunately the situation still hasn't been resolved. I have optimized my textures below 2k. I have tried all kinds of variables with SKSE, Crash Fixes, Memory Blocks Log, SSME, etc...  The game CTDs before all memory is allocated according to MemBlocks.

At the moment I have turned off Crash Fixes memory allocation for SKSE to generate crash dump. My RAM/VRAM usage is above 4GB so I assume a memory patch is working, however my GPU usage is being pushed to 99%. The thing is I have a GTX 1080 w/ 16gb ram on w7 which I would hope to be able to handle modded Skyrim. I checked for my hardware/memory/etc for any thing unusual but it all came back looking ok.

Right now the game will load up and run smooth as silk but once I initiate a speed run towards Whiterun from Helgen, objects/trees/etc will turn into black polygons before CTD. Is there such a thing as mod overload? Although I believe my system should be able to run my SRLE Reqtified + SMC optimized, it seems that the game might be getting overloaded with information all at once which is causing CTD.

Since the guide uses a lot of scripts, I slightly adjusted Papyrus settings. Nothing. I thought maybe it was CWO since it had been removed from guide, or maybe DyndoLOD was just too much for my system to handle, so I disabled both. Nada. I've also noticed discussion about Immersive Horses being a problem. I have IH merged with it's Hearthfire patch. I've also done a few other merges. What are the consequences of overmerging? Could a merge cause problems?

- or -

Could it be a mod that I installed on top of the guide (ex. Enhanced Landscapes, ThirteenOranges, etc)? I deactivated my LO (except USLEEP + Alt Start) but kept everything active in left hand pane of MO (textures, etc), and was able to speed run to Whiterun without CTD. So maybe there's a mod conflict. I am currently thinking of disabling/enabling mods one by one to see if there's a problem.

I'd appreciate any help/feedback. Thanks!

Edited by nicktheduke

Well its onward with my requiem play through. The issue for me with the horse was in the Message Record under FULL - Name had to change it from My Horse to <Base Name> and as well as overriding the Requiem Immersive Horses Patch into a separate patch and putting bellow AOS Patches. All good for now see what else will come up at some point no doubt.

I love these pack but like you say it can take days to make them up, so I'm just a bit reluctant to redo the YASH guide. Will see though depends how far I get on this requiem play through before getting bored. What ENB do you use by the way? I cant seem to ever decide at the moment I got Vivid Weathers ENB with Vivid Weathers. Didn't like the NVLA one very much also was a pain to integrate into the pack.

Awesome. If you got it to work stick with requiem...its a LOT better. I LOVE requiem. 

I am using NLA at the moment. 

Hi again.

I've now spent months coming back to this guide since November, trying things over and over but still getting CTDs. I even went crazy and partitioned my hd with windows 7. I thought the dx9 memory issue on w8/10 was cause of my CTDs since Crash Fixes says it was possibly out of memory. But no luck.

Funny that I've actually been reading about people with the same issue. I've been lucky enough to talk to jdsmith2816 on Discord all weekend but unfortunately the situation still hasn't been resolved. I have optimized my textures below 2k. I have tried all kinds of variables with SKSE, Crash Fixes, Memory Blocks Log, SSME, etc...  The game CTDs before all memory is allocated according to MemBlocks.

At the moment I have turned off Crash Fixes memory allocation for SKSE to generate crash dump. My RAM/VRAM usage is above 4GB so I assume a memory patch is working, however my GPU usage is being pushed to 99%. The thing is I have a GTX 1080 w/ 16gb ram on w7 which I would hope to be able to handle modded Skyrim. I checked for my hardware/memory/etc for any thing unusual but it all came back looking ok.

Right now the game will load up and run smooth as silk but once I initiate a speed run towards Whiterun from Helgen, objects/trees/etc will turn into black polygons before CTD. Is there such a thing as mod overload? Although I believe my system should be able to run my SRLE Reqtified + SMC optimized, it seems that the game might be getting overloaded with information all at once which is causing CTD.

Since the guide uses a lot of scripts, I slightly adjusted Papyrus settings. Nothing. I thought maybe it was CWO since it had been removed from guide, or maybe DyndoLOD was just too much for my system to handle, so I disabled both. Nada. I've also noticed discussion about Immersive Horses being a problem. I have IH merged with it's Hearthfire patch. I've also done a few other merges. What are the consequences of overmerging? Could a merge cause problems?

- or -

Could it be a mod that I installed on top of the guide (ex. Enhanced Landscapes, ThirteenOranges, etc)? I deactivated my LO (except USLEEP + Alt Start) but kept everything active in left hand pane of MO (textures, etc), and was able to speed run to Whiterun without CTD. So maybe there's a mod conflict. I am currently thinking of disabling/enabling mods one by one to see if there's a problem.

I'd appreciate any help/feedback. Thanks!

Forgive me if this seems too obvious but is your ENB local set correctly?

When i used Darths LOTD guide i was having a lot of CTD's in combat due to what im almost sure were memory issues. I was also using windows 10 and i didnt set crash fixes properly. My memory usage was going over 4GB which was causing freezes and ctds

On windows 7 if crash fixes is setup correctly and your ENB local is configured correctly i cant imagine why you would have any memory issues especially with your hardware.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI/Memory

This is how I do it and I think it's a lot cleaner and less confusing when profiles don't share a significant number of mods. The obvious disadvantage is that it requires more disk space because mods used in both setups aren't shared as a common mod.

yeah its a good idea but i dont have the disc space to do that. My skyrim folder as it stands right now is 86GB in size lol.

Thats the entire yash guide plus majority of textures from SRLE LOTD. Whats crazy is that number DOES NOT include a couple large mods like LOTD itself and interesting NPCs because those were downloaded manually and put into my "pending mods" folder outside of the skyrim directory. Add those and my skyrim folder would be even more bloated. 

I dont delete mods in the download folder. I just select "remove from view" after installing. 

Forgive me if this seems too obvious but is your ENB local set correctly?

When i used Darths LOTD guide i was having a lot of CTD's in combat due to what im almost sure were memory issues. I was also using windows 10 and i didnt set crash fixes properly. My memory usage was going over 4GB which was causing freezes and ctds

On windows 7 if crash fixes is setup correctly and your ENB local is configured correctly i cant imagine why you would have any memory issues especially with your hardware.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI/Memory

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm currently at work right now so I don't have all my information on hand. However, here's the following things I've tried:

enblocal.ini

ExpandSystemMemoryX64 = i’ve tried both off/on
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage = always on
ReservedMemorySizeMb = i’ve tried 64 and 128
VideoMemorySizeMb = i’ve tried everything from 8gb to 16gb
EnableCompression = i’ve tried both off/on
AutodetectVideoMemorySize = i’ve tried both off/on

skse.ini

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB= i’ve tried 768 and 1280
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

CrashFixPlugin.ini (and yes, I have the SKSE preloader)

UseOSAllocators = i’ve tried both off/on
AlignHeapAllocate = i’ve tried both off/on
CustomMemoryBlock = i’ve tried both off/on
CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb= i’ve tried everything from 64 to 140 (using console)

I have also tried editing Papyrus as a last ditch effort but it did not fix the problem: https://sotrealms.enjin.com/optimzationsubinitweaks

I was talking to someone on Discord and I am starting to think that it might be mod-related. Could be a merge or maybe something I added to the guide. However, I do notice I'm not the only person who has had memory allocation errors using the guide.

After months of working on this, I'd hate to give it up but I am starting to go crazy :P

Hi, after some time i started playing again, the Yash guide with the AAE and the patch made by twiztedmongoloid, the game is more challenging now. Also i manage to make a proper install of all k ENBs, Kountervibe, K enb pure light and kinematic, but im using the pure light since is more updated and now is better them kountervibe in my opinion. I have like 5 profile in MO with all WLSO so i can try almost all enbs, the only problem is that im playing with 25-35 fps outside and 45 fps inside. Would like to know if anyone here that as a GTX 1070 with this build and k enbs, how much fps you are getting. Because i would change my gtx 970 if the gain is enough to do so. Thank you. Good day to all.

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm currently at work right now so I don't have all my information on hand. However, here's the following things I've tried:

enblocal.ini

ExpandSystemMemoryX64 = i’ve tried both off/on
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage = always on
ReservedMemorySizeMb = i’ve tried 64 and 128
VideoMemorySizeMb = i’ve tried everything from 8gb to 16gb
EnableCompression = i’ve tried both off/on
AutodetectVideoMemorySize = i’ve tried both off/on

skse.ini

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB= i’ve tried 768 and 1280
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

CrashFixPlugin.ini (and yes, I have the SKSE preloader)

UseOSAllocators = i’ve tried both off/on
AlignHeapAllocate = i’ve tried both off/on
CustomMemoryBlock = i’ve tried both off/on
CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb= i’ve tried everything from 64 to 140 (using console)

I have also tried editing Papyrus as a last ditch effort but it did not fix the problem: https://sotrealms.enjin.com/optimzationsubinitweaks

I was talking to someone on Discord and I am starting to think that it might be mod-related. Could be a merge or maybe something I added to the guide. However, I do notice I'm not the only person who has had memory allocation errors using the guide.

After months of working on this, I'd hate to give it up but I am starting to go crazy :P

You don't want both the SKSE memory fix and the crash fixes one active at the same time. I'd suggest going with the Crash Fixes one and removing it from SKSE.ini.

Not to say that's causing the issue, but just as a general concept is all.

Hi, after some time i started playing again, the Yash guide with the AAE and the patch made by twiztedmongoloid, the game is more challenging now. Also i manage to make a proper install of all k ENBs, Kountervibe, K enb pure light and kinematic, but im using the pure light since is more updated and now is better them kountervibe in my opinion. I have like 5 profile in MO with all WLSO so i can try almost all enbs, the only problem is that im playing with 25-35 fps outside and 45 fps inside. Would like to know if anyone here that as a GTX 1070 with this build and k enbs, how much fps you are getting. Because i would change my gtx 970 if the gain is enough to do so. Thank you. Good day to all.

The K ENB's are quite a perfomance sapper, so I'd suggest the numbers you're seeing there are not unusual.