Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (by Shurah)

EssArrBee

Discussion thread:
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul by Arnaud dOrchymont/Shurah
Wiki Link

Videos:

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (Weather Influence) Video

Testing with STEP:
  • Testers will need to make a LOOT rule to sort Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp after hearthfireextended.esp, if also testing Hearthfire Extended. This instruction came from the author.
  • A patch may be required for some records such as Ownership and Locklist. The author explained that the Lock List records were added so some doors would be locked while the owners aren't home. This is mainly a balance for thief characters.

The following mods can be disabled for testing because the enhanced/fixed AI does the same things as these mods:

• Run for Your Lives
  • When Vampires Attack
  • Turn off the "Go Home" feature in Wet & Cold

Looks like this one goes the distance for AI or NPCs. Tons of stuff for the behavior that adapts to different circumstances. Looks very promising.

This looks awesome. Can't wait to try it out :)

Although I run about 6 NPC overhaul mods so I can foresee a lot of manual editing of NPC records - but hey it should be worth it. Reading the forum it appears that NPC records aren't edited.

I've got to say I am quite excited by the prospect of this mod. It will breath new life into the NPC's. I can see myself taking more time wandering around the cities noting the new routines and NPC interactions. It will make the NPC's much more alive!

Edited by Teabag86
  • +1 1

Since No NPC greeting is merged into the STEP Core patch, I hope you guys will show us how to remove it from the esp to run this mod. I wanna check this out tomorrow!

It's so simple. Open any STEP plugin in xEdit. Go the the Game Settings and find fAIMinGreetingDistance. Right click->Remove. Close and save. I'd doubt you really need to mess with it anyways, but I'll check when this mod comes out.

I can't help but notice that Shurah claims that two mods are problematic. On No NPC Greetings:

The plugin “No NPC greeting†prevents the NPCs to have a conversation between each other, due to the fact it edits a game settings (fAIMinGreetingDistance) used by the conversation system. This is especially true if you use the versions that set this game setting to 50 or 0. Furthermore, the damage created by this mod on the conversation system are not reversible.
The use of  Multiple Floors Sandboxing" is not recommended as that plugin performs harmful modifications which will cause issues (with or without my plugin), besides that, that plugin loses its interest if you use my mod.
No, the AI present by default as well as my AI have been designed by using the default value of fSandboxCylinderTop & fSandboxCylinderBottom. The plugin "Multiple Floors Sandboxing" will bring only troubles. If you install "Multiple Floors Sandboxing", most of the time, the pathfinding algorithm will be stuck in an infinite loop , therefore, some NPCs will stop to move and will be statics. Moreover, if you use the "wait" menu, in some cases, NPCs will be teleported in a test room where they will be stuck forever.
Any thoughts? I consider both plugins to be fairly essential, and one of them is already in STEP. (I thought that Multiple Floor Sandboxing was also in STEP, but I seem to be mistaken).
Edited by Harpalus

I can't help but notice that Shurah claims that two mods included in STEP are problematic. On No NPC Greetings:

EssArrBee addressed this just a few posts above...

It's so simple. Open any STEP plugin in xEdit. Go the the Game Settings and find fAIMinGreetingDistance. Right click->Remove. Close and save. I'd doubt you really need to mess with it anyways, but I'll check when this mod comes out.

That's all you need to do to remove No NPC Greetings from a STEP Patch.

EssArrBee addressed this just a few posts above...

That's all you need to do to remove No NPC Greetings from a STEP Patch.

That's not my question: I know how to remove it. Shurah seems to be making broader claims about these mods than just their effect on Immersive Citizens. The claim that Multiple Floors Sandboxing causes infinite pathfinding loops is particularly worrying, and if No NPC Greetings reduces conversation distance between NPCs then its possible that STEP inadvertently disables some NPC interactions, with or without Immersive Citizens installed.

Edited by Harpalus