General Feedback

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to drop in and thank you for the great guide to mod Fallout 3! It made me play the game again and added to it in each and every aspect.

There were just some issues with my rather new system based on Windows 7 64 bit. I could not use Mod Organizer 1.3.8 that crashed when starting FOSE,  but version 1.2.18 worked fine. In the beginning I had microstutter problems that went away after removing ENBoost - that was surprising considering its great compatibility with Skyrim. Performance still lagged and had terrible stutter in certain cells because of the Fallout Stutter Remover. After I tinkered with its ini file and deactivated one of its sections, everything was fine and I had a constant rate of 70 FPS outside and 120 to 140 FPS inside (Intel Core i5 4690S, GeForce GTX960, 8 GB RAM, SSD).

The game was unstable nevertheless, but that is to be expected. One mod was prone to crash in its interiors (Trenton Towers), and the VATS bug with its lagging and sometimes crashing remained. Sometimes I had terrible lag while opening containers that could be fixed by saving and reloading without quitting the game.

Thanks again for all the work with the guide!

Hey Kelmych, finished installing the guide few days ago, had some issues with one particular profile ctd on load, no missing masters etc I'd assume it was INI edit of some sort however I couldn't resolve it, I simply made a new profile, reinstalled and all was well.

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for the guide haven't played Fo3 in years and I'm having a blast with the mods in the guide, just thought I would add a suggestion that's working perfectly for me using all the optional's (EVE,MMM etc)

Helm POV, adds Project Nevada style overlays and visual effects:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/11474/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/16439/?

I did notice that command was different than what I just found from Zilav.  You can use FO3EDIT as FO3LODGen with [-lodgen -o:"C:\FO3LODGenOutput].  Should FO3LODGen using TES5Edit be run with the command [-FO3 -lodgen -o:"C:\FO3LODGenOutput]?

Thanks for finding this. I fixed it in the guide.

Thanks for finding this. I fixed it in the guide.

Which is why I think all STEP instructions should be using "xEdit" as the terminology and then adding the game switches as necessary.

xedit.exe -tes5 == TES5Edit

xedit.exe -fo3 == Fallout 3

etc.

I know I might sound obsessive about this but it assists users to know that these tools can be used on other games if they aren't specifically named to match them. This then aids them when additional tools call them, as in this case.

My 2 cents worth.