General Feedback

There seems to be a small error under heading "The Most Dangerous Game - Exeter's Type 3 Female Armor and Outfits." 

For "MZ Samurai and combat female armor replacers" instructions are:  Get the main file and the "Medic tweak" optional file. Install the main file and then use [Merge] when installing the optional file.

It appears that the Medic Tweak optional file is included in the main file, and therefore not needed.

Edit:  Also, under the "Does This Make Me Look Fat?" header, for the Bornagain FO3 T51b installation instructions, it is stated:  'Install the bornagain t51b power armor 2048 res.'  However, on the download page for this mod it is indicated that the 2048 optional file should be installed after the 4096 main file. 

Edited by rahuketu0

The following discrepancies were found, and are submitted for review:

Under header "I Can See Clearly Now - Packrat Mentality:"

All of Lord Inquisitor's 'Tweaked' mods:  Automat, Cashregister, Chems Replacer, Coffee Maker, Generator, Intercom, Powerfist, and Wrench.

In 'Notes' for each entry it is stated:  "Higher resolution meshes and textures for ... ".  It is to be noted that no textures are included in these files, only (very nicely done) meshes.  Also, 'Tweaked Chems Replacer' and 'Tweaked Powerfist' should be updated to V1.1.

Under header "In the Wasteland No One Can Hear You Scream:"

The mod 'Powered Power Armor Footsteps' by Plecy could use some installation instructions.  The main file contains both a standard and -5 decibels version.  When installing manually with MO, the chosen version should be opened, and the Data folder inside should be right-clicked and set as the data directory.  

Edit:  Oops, my bad.  Actually Tweaked Cashregister and Chems Replacer do contain textures.

Edited by rahuketu0
  • +1 1

Is there something I need to do to make Conelradio appear on the radio pipboy tab? It still didn't show up after a few hours of play.

I found that when I updated to the new version of the mod that it stopped working. Use the console command "resetquest xx000EA6" without the quotes and replace xx with the plugin index of the mod, and then go back to the game. The Conelrad station will appear shortly.

The following discrepancies were found, and are submitted for review:

Under header "I Can See Clearly Now - Packrat Mentality:"

All of Lord Inquisitor's 'Tweaked' mods:  Automat, Cashregister, Chems Replacer, Coffee Maker, Generator, Intercom, Powerfist, and Wrench.

In 'Notes' for each entry it is stated:  "Higher resolution meshes and textures for ... ".  It is to be noted that no textures are included in these files, only (very nicely done) meshes.  Also, 'Tweaked Chems Replacer' and 'Tweaked Powerfist' should be updated to V1.1.

Under header "In the Wasteland No One Can Hear You Scream:"

The mod 'Powered Power Armor Footsteps' by Plecy could use some installation instructions.  The main file contains both a standard and -5 decibels version.  When installing manually with MO, the chosen version should be opened, and the Data folder inside should be right-clicked and set as the data directory.  

Edit:  Oops, my bad.  Actually Tweaked Cashregister and Chems Replacer do contain textures.

Thanks. I fixed the guide for these. At some point users might want to try some of the alternate power armor footstep mods that have been posted during the past year; I'm not sure which is best. This one seemed better than several of the ones I tried.

I found that when I updated to the new version of the mod that it stopped working. Use the console command "resetquest xx000EA6" without the quotes and replace xx with the plugin index of the mod, and then go back to the game. The Conelrad station will appear shortly.

Thank you! It worked :)

I'm not sure if listing 1.2.18 as the version number for Mod Organizer is intentional, but 1.3.8 is the latest version (though it requires Windows 7 or later). 1.3.8 does have some nice bug fixes and it's easy to overlook it since 1.2.18 is the version listed at the top of the Nexus file list.

Other version updates include LOOT 0.80 and ENBoost 0.278 (which includes a VRAM autodetect).

I've been waiting to change the version number for Mod Organizer until the new version was reasonably stable. The new version seems to be there now so I'll change the version for this and the others (after I do a short test of them).

I've been waiting to change the version number for Mod Organizer until the new version was reasonably stable. The new version seems to be there now so I'll change the version for this and the others (after I do a short test of them).

I used 1.3.8 MO for my install and it worked great.

There are a number of hair models for FO3; the one in the ign article is not especially high in endorsements. Previously I used Lings hair. If forum users have some recommendations for general hair and beard models that are consistent with FO3 lore let me know. It would be good to have these in the guide. The 5 o'clock shadow mod that several users recommend is a little specialized so it will be added to user recommended mods; it assumes everyone shaves daily.

The guide currently includes Realistic Interior Lighting for interior lighting, and a combination of Enhanced Weather and Xepha's Dynamic weather for weather and outdoor lighting. Some other possibilities include ProjectReality or Fallout 3 Realistic Wasteland Lighting (GOTY) for weather and exterior lighting, and when the FO3 version is available Interior Lighting Overhaul for interior lighting. If users have any recommendations let me know. The FNV guide is also looking into alternative weather and lighting mods.

In the past I have experienced some weird and frustrating issues with ProjectReality, causing several odd behaviors; rain never stops, thunder indoors, etc.
The worst of it was a permanent Radioactive Rain effect, adding 1 rad per 7.0 seconds, forever. I don't think it ever got solved.
Here's a discussion on nexusmods about it; https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/997930-project-reality-bug-fix-work-in-progress/
The rain siren is rather annoying too.

I'm getting some weird behavior from the "Ragdoll Overhaul FO3 Edition", where it's overwriting a mesh on an game world object in the Megaton house (a console unit on the second level);

With Ragdoll Overhaul not activated; https://i.imgur.com/t4Nj8Tk.png
With Ragdoll Overhaul mod activated; https://i.imgur.com/hNYCtqf.png

I've been going through trying to figure out which mod was causing this, though I'm admittedly a bit baffled as to why the Ragdoll mesh would cause this.

Here's the Mod Organizer conflict list from the Ragdoll Overhaul mod; https://i.imgur.com/lzYkRp0.png

I dug around in the STEP and Nexus forums, and Googled it, but I haven't found anyone else having this issue.

EDIT: Ok, it appears to be conflicting with Core Robots - The Project for for some reason, but not sure why it's causing a worldspace object mesh issue. (I don't know enough about these things to really determine what's going on). I also have the recent Core Robots compatibility patch installed; Core Robots Compatibility Patches

I realize that Core Robots isn't part of the STEP project, but I was adding mods I wanted after I got the guide's mods running stable.

Edited by 13thGeneral