LOOT (by WrinklyNinja & Team)

z929669

That's weird, it works just fine for me without changing anything in the file.

Ha, you can just edit metadata for any plugin, not even change anything, hit apply, and the userlist will be saved in the new format.

Edited by Octopuss

That's weird, it works just fine for me without changing anything in the file.

Ha, you can just edit metadata for any plugin, not even change anything, hit apply, and the userlist will be saved in the new format.

Ah. I just ran it and noticed that they weren't working.

What version of MO are you guys running? The update seems to work fine on it's own but when I run it through MO v1.2.18 it doesn't do anything. Just opens and sits there with a blank window.

EDIT:

Confirmed it working in v1.3.5 but not in v1.2.18 ...could be the API changes...who knows. Can someone else confirm this? I'll post a bug report, if so.

I'm having zero problems running the official LOOT v7.0 as an executable in MO 1.2.18. I just installed over and older LOOT 7 beta, and it simply worked.

I am so glad that there is now only one version of LOOT as the standard. It's been difficult to know which load order to say AOS patches are based on when LOOT 6 and LOOT 7 produce somewhat different orders. So I had to make sure they will work regardless of the load order of the plugins they're providing compatibility for.

Interesting... I did the same, but it's not working in my case. Not a big issue. I'm planning on upgrading to 1.3.5 soon anyway since Tannin said it is the RC as long as there are no major bugs.

I hope you did a clean install. LOOT 0.7 required you to uninstall the previous version if I heard correctly. I removed everything except my userlists (in AppData\Local\LOOT\) and then installed.

The blank screen bug is discussed in this issue on Tannin's bugtracker, and the replication steps for it (well, to some degree), were discovered by GrandSP and me here.

In short, if you start MO through a download and then want to start LOOT from within MO, LOOT's UI is occasionally blank. It also seems that this sometimes happens to people, who have Steam/Skyrim/MO/LOOT within the C:\Program Files\ folder, which is, as we know, a through UAC rights-restriced folder.

In any case, adding the --single-process argument to LOOT within MO's 'Modify Executable' window should stop the blank screen from happening (I did verify that here back in December 2014).

Edited by pStyl3

I did an uninstall before installing the new version. No go.

The blank screen bug is discussed in this issue on Tannin's bugtracker, and the replication steps for it (well, to some degree), were discovered by GrandSP and me here.

In short, if you start MO through a download and then want to start LOOT from within MO, LOOT's UI is occasionally blank. It also seems that this sometimes happens to people, who have Steam/Skyrim/MO/LOOT within the C:\Program Files\ folder, which is, as we know, a through UAC rights-restriced folder.

In any case, adding the --single-process argument to LOOT within MO's 'Modify Executable' window should stop the blank screen from happening (I did verify that here back in December 2014).

I did a clean install and no go, but adding that argument worked. For the record, I'm launching MO from the program itself (modorganizer.exe), not by via a download.

if you start MO through a download

What the heck does that mean?

Edit: OK, so you mean if MO was opened by first downloading with manager. Well, that doesn't reproduce the problem for me, so either LOOT team fixed that, or I'm not doing it right.

Edited by DoubleYou

What the heck does that mean?

Edit: OK, so you mean if MO was opened by first downloading with manager. Well, that doesn't reproduce the problem for me, so either LOOT team fixed that, or I'm not doing it right.

Wrinklyninja couldn't fix the issue until now, nor is it the case that you 'are doing it wrong'. It is simply the fact, that the issue is pretty hard to come by. For example .. 95% of all the time, I am personally 100% able to trigger/reproduce the blank screen through starting MO via downloading a mod priorly. But then again, at certain times, I am no longer able to reproduce it with that routine, whatever I do the blank screen will not trigger (or with other words, suddenly my chance to trigger the issue is 0% all the time). To my knowledge, wrinklyninja has to this day not been able to reproduce the issue even once. But as said and laid out, GrantSP and me were (and are) able to reproduce the blank screen at will.

What this simply means is, that there are still missing variables and factors regardings the exact reproduction steps for the issue. Even on my system something seems to change every now and then, something I am surprisingly not aware of even after all this time, which 'fixes' the issue temporarily for me and stops me from reproducing it. I've had that now a few times already (and believe me .. I tested a plethora of things). Right now, I am back to the state where I can reproduce it at will.

@ TechAngel

Great to here that adding the --single-process argument worked .. but to be honest, I expected nothing else. That argument has proven it's ability to bypass the blank screen over and over again. ::):

Just for the sake of it .. where do you have Skyrim/MO/LOOT installed to?

Edited by pStyl3

What this simply means is, that there are still missing variables and factors regardings the exact reproduction steps for the issue. Even on my system something seems to change every now and then, something I am surprisingly not aware of even after all this time, which 'fixes' the issue temporarily for me and stops me from reproducing it. I've had that now a few times already (and believe me .. I tested a plethora of things). Right now, I am back to the state where I can reproduce it at will.

@ TechAngel

Great to here that adding the --single-process argument worked .. but to be honest, I expected nothing else. That argument has proven it's ability to bypass the blank screen over and over again. ::):

Just for the sake of it .. where do you have Skyrim/MO/LOOT installed to?

Skyrim:

E:\Programs\Steam...

MO:

E:\STEP\Testing\ModOrganizer

(this will be moved to the Skyrim folder once I update. It's only in this location due to testing a version of MO that ended up being my daily driver and being too lazy to move it)

LOOT:

E:\Programs\LOOT

Most my system stats can be found in my signature.