LOOT (by WrinklyNinja & Team)

z929669

Error

Error code: 12; Failed to update the masterlist. Details: An error occurred while trying to update the masterlist. This could be due to a server-side error. Try again in a few minutes.

[…]

links to GitHub seems to be down for maintenance....can I proceed or I need to wait until they are back up... The last LOT I did before I lost connection was prior to step 2.N.

Yeah, GitHub was down and is just now coming back up again: https://status.github.com/

The masterlists are fetched from GitHub, so when GitHub is down, people can't update their LOOT masterlist (or BOSS masterlists, for that manner). As TechAngel85 said, you're probably fine. I doubt anything critical has made it into the masterlist in the time between you took any S.T.E.P. step and until your reached the "run LOOT" one. Happy playing. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

wrinklyninja released LOOT 0.9.0 ::):

Fixes

• Redate Plugins attempted to redate plugins that were missing, causing an error.
  • LOOT would not launch when run by a user with a non-ASCII local application data path.
  • Sorting processed priority value inheritance throughout the load order incorrectly, leading to some plugins being positioned incorrectly.
  • The conflict filter displayed only the target plugin when enabled for the first time in a session.
  • The behaviour of the search functionality was inconsistent.
  • Duplicate messages could be displayed under certain circumstances.
  • Opening the metadata editor for one plugin displayed the metadata for another plugin under certain circumstances.
  • Changing the current game quickly could leave the UI unresponsive.
  • Applying a filter then scrolling the plugin card list would display some cards with no content.
  • Plugin cards would disappearing when jumping to a plugin card near the bottom of the load order using the sidebar.
  • Clicking on a disabled element in a dropdown menu would cause the menu to close.
  • The UI font size was too large, due to a misunderstanding of the Material Design guidelines.
  • Attempting to build native Linux and 64-bit executables produced errors. Such builds are unsupported and no official builds are planned.
Additions
  • Support for Fallout 4.
  • A warning message is displayed in the General Information card if the user has not sorted their load order in the current LOOT session.
  • An error message is displayed in the General Information card when a cyclic interaction sorting error is encountered, and remains there until sorting is next attempted.
Changes
  • Improve sorting performance by only reading the header when loading game's main master file.
  • References to "BSAs" have been replaced with the more generic "Archives" as Fallout 4's BSA equivalents use a different file extension.
  • The sorting process now recognises when the sorted load order is identical to the existing load order and informs the user, avoiding unnecessary filesystem interaction.
  • The metadata editor has been reimplemented as a single resizeable panel displayed below the plugin card list instead of a separate editor for each plugin card.
  • Editable table styling has been improved to more closely align to the Material Design guidelines.
  • Minor UI changes have been made to scrollbar and focus outline styling to improve accessibility.
  • UI interaction performance has been improved, especially when scrolling the plugin card list.
  • The PayPal donation link now points to the PayPal.Me service, which has a more polished UX and lower fees.
  • LOOT's settings file handling has been reimplemented, fixing crashes due to invalid settings values and allowing missing settings to use their default values.
  • Plugin version string extraction has been reimplemented, improving its accuracy and maintainability.
  • Plugin CRC, file and version condition evaluation has been optimised to use cached data where it exists, avoiding unnecessary filesystem interaction.
  • The French and Danish translations have been updated.
  • The installer now only creates one shortcut for LOOT in the Start menu, following Microsoft guidelines.
  • A lot of code has been refactored and improved to increase its quality.
  • The Boost (1.60), CEF (3.2623.1401.gb90a3be), libespm (2.5.2), libgit2 (0.24.1), libloadorder (9.3.0) and Polymer (1.4) dependencies have been updated to the versions given in brackets.

• 1 month later...

wrinklyninja has updated LOOT to v0.9.1. Link.

Changes:

• Removed support for Windows Vista.
  • Added support for Fallout 4's Contraptions Workshop DLC, and the upcoming Vault-Tec Workshop and Nuka-World DLC. Support for the latter two is based on their probable but unconfirmed plugin names, which may be subject to change.
  • Fixed user dirty metadata being read-only in the metadata editor.
  • Fixed LOOT incorrectly reading a tag with no name from plugin descriptions containing {{BASH:}}.
  • The content refresh menu item is now disabled during sorting.
  • The conflicts filter toggle buttons have been removed from the plugin card menus, and the filter re-implemented as a dropdown menu of plugin names in the Filters sidebar tab.
  • Enabling the conflicts filter now scrolls to the target plugin, which is no longer highlighted with a blue border.
  • The layout of the Filters sidebar tab has been improved.
  • The CEF (3.2704.1427.g95055fe), and libloadorder (9.4.0) dependencies have been updated to the versions given in brackets.
  • Some code has been refactored to improve its quality.

• 1 month later...

LOOT updated to v0.9.2. Thanks, Wrinkly!

https://github.com/loot/loot/releases/tag/0.9.2

Changelog:

- Fixed error when applying filters on startup.

- Fixed hidden plugin and message counters not updating correctly after sorting.

- Fixed an error occurring when the user's temporary files directory didn't exist and updating the masterlist tried to create a directory there.

- Fixed the installer failing if LOOT was previously installed on a drive that no longer exists. The installer now always gives the option to change the default install path it selects.

- Fixed startup errors being reported incorrectly and causing additional errors that prevented the user from being informed of the original issue.

- Fixed the metadata editor's CRC input field being too short to fully display its validation error message.

Fixed errors when reading some Oblivion plugins during sorting, including the official DLC.

- Fixed some cases where LOOT would fail to start.

- Fixed the conflict filter not including the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch's plugin (and any other plugin that overrides a very large number of records) in results.

- Fixed the "not sorted" message reappearing if the load order was sorted twice in one session and cancelled the second time.

- Fixed version numbers where a digit was immediately followed by a letter not being detected.

- Theming support and the dark theme have been reimplemented and reintroduced.

Plugin filename and Bash Tag name fields will now autocomplete in the metadata editor.

- The in-game load order indices of active plugins are now displayed in the sidebar.

- Most URLs now use HTTPS.

- The Danish and French translations have been updated.

- The CEF (3.2743.1442.ge29124d), libespm (2.5.5), Polymer (1.6.0) and Pseudosem (1.1.0) dependencies have been updated to the versions given in brackets.

• 3 months later...

Please excuse my interruption.  I know I've seen something about this before, but I've checked the STEP 2292 Guide for both mods, and searched for an answer.  When I attempt to use LOOT to sort my mod order, I get the following error:

Failed to sort plugins.  Details:  cyclic interaction detected between plugins "Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp" and "aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp".  Back cycle:  aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp, Complete crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp"

CCOR loads before aMBCA.  I THOUGHT I'd seen a Meta Rule about those two before, but I'll be danged if I can find it now.  Can anyone help me out, please?  Thanks!  Allen

I checked the MetaData cor CCOR and it says to load AFTER aMBCA, but CCOR's an ESM and aMBCA is an esp?  Am I missing something?  I don't know how that MetaRule got in there, as I did not put it in, did it come with LOOT?

Edited by aba42

No problem.  I wonder what would happen if I just delete the Metarule that says that CCOR should load after aMidianBorn_ContentAddOn.  *I* didn't put it in there, it was in there when I looked at it in LOOT (using 0.9.2, as I could NOT get 10.0 to work for me).

Huh, I cannot delete it (it's greyed out!).  There are three such greyed-out "Load After" statements for CCOR:

aMidianBorn_ContentAdd...

Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp

Weapons & Armor Fixes_R..

and I didn't put ANY of those three MetaRules in there.

And, no, I don't find a meta rule either, other than a mention that WryeBash MUST be used when you install aMBCA "later on" in the Guide, or NPCs show up *gasp* NUDE!  So, I thought, MAYBE WryeBash could fix it, but it didin't.

Edited by aba42

I think I need a nap.  I had merged some mods earlier, then had to rebuild some navemeshes.  For this specific merge, Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade was a master, so I had to add an ESM flag to it prior to loading into CK.  I forgot to remove the ESM flag from CCOR after rebuidling the NavMeshes, so CCOR was out of load order with respect to aMidianBorn_ContentAddOn.  Ugh!  My simple mistake...as usual!  Thanks!  Allen

I'm having a problem changing the priority of plugins. When I try to set them as per the guide, I can't save the change. It only allows me to set a value 127 or below for priority.

Seems like LOOT updated their metadata syntax which broke the old one. If you take a look at the new syntax, values are between -127 and 127. I assume the meta rule instructions for STEP would probably have to be updated.

Edited by CleverIdiot

Seems like LOOT updated their metadata syntax which broke the old one. If you take a look at the new syntax, values are between -127 and 127. I assume the meta rule instructions for STEP would probably have to be updated

I ended up dropping the zero's from the rules to get it to work for now 960000 is 96 970000 is 97 I know that is a dirty fix but until the STEP guide gets updated for the new loot thats about all I could do.

• 9 months later...

Just ran into an issue on Wife's laptop.

She's running windows 10, Skyrim is on D drive in steam folder, not program files.

Skyrim folder has LOOT and Mod organiser in separate folders.

LOOT doesnt see any mods, just the DLC and the 3 enhanced graphics ones.

Trend Micro, was adding a file called modorganiser to both programs but I added them both to the exception list and I dont see the file appearing anymore.

I completely deleted the LOOT folder and installed a new one.

Skyrim Mod Organizer is version 1.3.11 and LOOT is 0.11

I verified the binary in MO for LOOT is correct, and idea what else I can try?

thanks in advance