LOOT (by WrinklyNinja & Team)

z929669

What version of Win10? Many reports of the so-called "Creator" update (v1703 I believe) breaking MO's functionality. Your report is more to do with MO than LOOT as these sort of reports are almost never heard of with non-MO users.

• 5 months later...

How are you guys and girls doing over at STEP? ::): LOOT has been worked on continuously and it's current release version is 0.12.4 (changelog)

On important occasion (GitHub dropped old TLS standards) I want to note, that Windows 7 (and possibly Windows 8) users now additionally need to enable TLS 1.2 support in order for LOOT to continue to work. It will likely also help to update Windows.

It would be great if STEP could adjust it's recommendations accordingly to refelct this. It would probably also be good to mention, that users that install LOOT manually (that is, using the preconfigured archive and not the installer) need to make sure, that the MSVC 2015 x86 redistributable is installed on their system (the installer automatically installs this, if it isn't already installed on the users PC).

Thanks.

• +1 1

How are you guys and girls doing over at STEP? ::): LOOT has been worked on continuously and it's current release version is 0.12.4 (changelog)

On important occasion (GitHub dropped old TLS standards) I want to note, that Windows 7 (and possibly Windows 8) users now additionally need to enable TLS 1.2 support in order for LOOT to continue to work. It will likely also help to update Windows.

It would be great if STEP could adjust it's recommendations accordingly to refelct this. It would probably also be good to mention, that users that install LOOT manually (that is, using the preconfigured archive and not the installer) need to make sure, that the MSVC 2015 x86 redistributable is installed on their system (the installer automatically installs this, if it isn't already installed on the users PC).

Thanks.

I've updated the mod page. As for the MSCV, we specifically instruct to use the installer version so adding any information beyond that is going outside the scope of the Guide. 

• 3 months later...

LOOT dropped the whole Global Priorities sorting method, and replaced it with the option to assign mods to Groups.  They also made a flow chart editor so you can easily adjust which Groups load first.  However, we are now unable to follow STEP instructions regarding assigning Global Priorities.  Below are the mods effected and their new default Group (in parenthesis):

• ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp (Lighting)
  • RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp (Default)

The others, thankfully, are all "Load after..." LOOT instructions.  What should we do with these mods?  Which Groups are comparable to the old Global Priorities?  Any help is appreciated!

Use a version of LOOT which works with the current STEP guide - LOOT 0.12.5 - and use priorities as usual.

And when the STEP guide has been updated for the new LOOT, then use the newer LOOT with its new groups feature.

• 4 months later...

Hi all!!

I've just begun a new setup of STEP and I have an issue in editing the Global Priority in plugins via LOOT. I launch through MO, find the plugin, hit "Edit Metadata" then under "Main" only "Enable Edits" "Group" are visible, with the respectable switch and drop-down menu at the right side. There are no option for "Global Priority" which is stated in the STEP guide, and also shown via screenshots on the official LOOT website walkthrough. I'm not very advanced in using these programs, so hopefully it's something easy to fix I am missing. I downloaded LOOT from the link in the STEP guide by the way. Hope anyone here can help. 

~Sincerely

Halde

• 3 years later...

Loot updated on GitHub.

0.17.0 - 2021-12-19

Added

• Support for multiple registry keys per game.

• Support for registry keys in the 64-bit registry view.

• Steam and GOG registry keys for all supported games on each platform.

• Support for the masterlist prelude, a metadata file that is used to supply common metadata to all masterlists.

• The ability to filter plugins by their group.

• The detail message string is now appended when generating requirement and incompatibility messages.

• A Ukrainian translation by IllusiveMan196.

Fixed

• LOOT will only attempt to start for the preferred game if it is installed, and will otherwise fall back to the first listed installed game.

• Autocomplete error translations were unused.

• Some groups editor text was untranslatable.

Changed

• The groups editor now has a “drawing mode” toggle button. Edges can only be added in drawing mode, and nodes can only be moved around outside of drawing mode.

• The Skyrim VR and Fallout VR games now use new skyrimvr and falloutvr masterlist repositories. The new repositories are independent from the skyrimse and fallout4 repositories that were previously used.

• LOOT’s installer now downloads the latest MSVC 2015/2017/2019 redistributable if it is not already installed, or if it is older than 14.15.26706.

• Sorting now checks for cycles before adding overlap edges, so that any cycles are caught before the slowest steps in the sorting process. Via libloot.

• Masterlist update no longer supports rolling back through revisions until a revision that can be successfully loaded is found. Via libloot.

• Updated libloot to v0.17.1.

• Updated nlohmann/json to v0.17.0.

• Updated spdlog to v1.9.2.

• Updated JS package dependencies.

• Updated to Inno Setup v6.2.0.

• Updated the German translation.

• Updated the Italian translation.

• Updated the Korean translation.

• Updated the Bulgarian translation.

• Updated the Russian translation.

• Updated the Spanish translation.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New version...

0.18.1 - 2022-03-15

Added

• The “Search Cards” button has been reintroduced to the toolbar.
  • The Plugin menu now has a “Copy Plugin Name” action.
  • A “Clear” button is now displayed in the content filter and search inputs to help quickly empty them.
  • A new “Is instance of base game” game setting to help distinguish between instances of the base game types and total conversions that build off of those base game types.

Fixed

• An empty regular expression search pattern no longer matches all plugin cards.
  • The Group tab in the plugin metadata editor now correctly displays a “Has User Metadata” icon when a user has overridden the plugin’s group.
  • The plugin content filters were not applied correctly.
  • Enderal Special Edition is no longer detected as installed if Skyrim Special Edition is installed through the Microsoft Store.
  • The search dialog now navigates to the matching card and disables its navigation buttons when there is only one search result.

Changed

• The content filter is now applied on text entry (i.e. as you type) instead of waiting for the Enter key to be pressed or another user interface element to be selected.
  • Settings are now saved when the “Save” button is used to exit the Settings dialog instead of only on quitting LOOT, to guard against a crash after exiting the dialog causing changes to be lost.
  • The Settings dialog’s “General” panel now includes text that explains that the Language and Theme settings only take effect after restarting LOOT. Previously this information was conveyed in tooltips.
  • Opening the metadata editor for a plugin now scrolls to that plugin in the sidebar and card lists.
  • The “Master File” icon is now called the “Master Plugin” icon for consistency with the other plugin type icons, and the “Master File” game setting now has the label “Main Master Plugin” for clarity.
  • The main window’s content area now has some padding to avoid some visual confusion.
  • A minor performance improvement to all operations involving the sidebar and plugin card lists.
  • LOOT now supports migrating from old default prelude and masterlist sources in readiness for any potential future changes to the default source locations.
  • Updated the Bulgarian translation.
  • Updated the German translation.
  • Updated the Italian translation.
  • Updated the Ukrainian translation.

Removed

• The fontFamily field in LOOT’s languages settings, as it’s no longer used as of LOOT v0.18.0.

I believe this update fixed an issue I was having with LOOT not applying my sort order to MO. I would run LOOT, sort and get no apply confirmation and no change to plugin order. I discovered that if I dragged a plugin to a different position in MO, the plugins would magically sort. Then I would run LOOT and get the apply confirmation again after sorting.

I suspect the regex fix and or the plugin content filters fix resolved it for me. Wondering if anyone else had my issue? Or it's possible that most people didn't notice, because LOOT didn't used to always show the 'Apply' button in previous version.