z929669

LOOT (by WrinklyNinja & Team)

Question

Can't seem to edit my post. 

But I think I figured it out, she has two copies of Steam, one on her SSD and another on her Data drive, I think that's the issue.

Removing one and seeing if it fixes it.

How are you guys and girls doing over at STEP? ::): LOOT has been worked on continuously and it's current release version is 0.12.4 (changelog)

On important occasion (GitHub dropped old TLS standards) I want to note, that Windows 7 (and possibly Windows 8) users now additionally need to enable TLS 1.2 support in order for LOOT to continue to work. It will likely also help to update Windows.

It would be great if STEP could adjust it's recommendations accordingly to refelct this. It would probably also be good to mention, that users that install LOOT manually (that is, using the preconfigured archive and not the installer) need to make sure, that the MSVC 2015 x86 redistributable is installed on their system (the installer automatically installs this, if it isn't already installed on the users PC).

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

How are you guys and girls doing over at STEP? ::): LOOT has been worked on continuously and it's current release version is 0.12.4 (changelog)

On important occasion (GitHub dropped old TLS standards) I want to note, that Windows 7 (and possibly Windows 8) users now additionally need to enable TLS 1.2 support in order for LOOT to continue to work. It will likely also help to update Windows.

It would be great if STEP could adjust it's recommendations accordingly to refelct this. It would probably also be good to mention, that users that install LOOT manually (that is, using the preconfigured archive and not the installer) need to make sure, that the MSVC 2015 x86 redistributable is installed on their system (the installer automatically installs this, if it isn't already installed on the users PC).

Thanks.

I've updated the mod page. As for the MSCV, we specifically instruct to use the installer version so adding any information beyond that is going outside the scope of the Guide. 

I've updated the mod page. As for the MSCV, we specifically instruct to use the installer version so adding any information beyond that is going outside the scope of the Guide. 

Thank you. ::):

LOOT dropped the whole Global Priorities sorting method, and replaced it with the option to assign mods to Groups.  They also made a flow chart editor so you can easily adjust which Groups load first.  However, we are now unable to follow STEP instructions regarding assigning Global Priorities.  Below are the mods effected and their new default Group (in parenthesis):

• ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp (Lighting)
  • RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp (Default)

The others, thankfully, are all "Load after..." LOOT instructions.  What should we do with these mods?  Which Groups are comparable to the old Global Priorities?  Any help is appreciated!

Use a version of LOOT which works with the current STEP guide - LOOT 0.12.5 - and use priorities as usual.

And when the STEP guide has been updated for the new LOOT, then use the newer LOOT with its new groups feature.

This was already planned for in STEP v3.0.0. There are currently no LOOT rules for the upcoming release. It'll be as simple as sorting and done. The STEP Patches handle the rest.

Hi all!!

I've just begun a new setup of STEP and I have an issue in editing the Global Priority in plugins via LOOT. I launch through MO, find the plugin, hit "Edit Metadata" then under "Main" only "Enable Edits" "Group" are visible, with the respectable switch and drop-down menu at the right side. There are no option for "Global Priority" which is stated in the STEP guide, and also shown via screenshots on the official LOOT website walkthrough. I'm not very advanced in using these programs, so hopefully it's something easy to fix I am missing. I downloaded LOOT from the link in the STEP guide by the way. Hope anyone here can help. 

~Sincerely

Halde