LOOT (by WrinklyNinja & Team)

z929669

I will start adding those too, DY. Some of them are just for what we do with STEP, but some should be universal, like the RWT rules. I've tried to explain the RWT rules over on the Beth forum thread twice already, but they still haven't been added. That was before I learned how to commit rules, so I'll fork the masterlist for Skyrim and give it a shot. That masterlist gets updated a lot though and I don't like messing with trying to sync a fork branch to a master. It's just more trouble than it's worth for what is essentially one file. That isn't such a big problem with FNV, since it doesn't need as much updating.

In addition to that... I seriously hope that someone in the LOOT development team doesn't decide to re-order any mods that are already set up in LOOT, because it's such a tedious pain to have to go through the thousands of records an entire gigantic mod list all over again to see that mod load orders have shifted and that custom patches have to be painstakingly reexamined and modified as a result.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

• 1 month later...

.... So now I have to go through the STEP guide and find all of the special metadata instructions and re-enter them.  Nice. (not)

I find myself in the same boat. I've managed to bugger up the Loot masterlist and needed to reinstall the program (I'm using 0.7.beta4). That means I've lost all the Loot meta rules from STEP. Is there a list somewhere of which STEP mods include Loot rules? In future, would it be possible to indicate which mods need Loot rules in the table somewhere?

• +1 1

I'm currently using LOOT 0.6.1, but I see that there are some very desirable changes in the beta version (particularly being able to drag-and-drop for metadata edits without the conflicts filter on). I have put quite a lot of effort into editing my Load After data. Is there any way to import that data into the new version? Thanks.

If you use the new version you will need to make sure to preserve your userlist.yaml file and then copy it into the folder that LOOT uses for this. I don't think the userlist.yaml file format has changed between versions 0.6 and 0.7, but I haven't checked. 

• 2 weeks later...

LOOT version 0.7 has finally reached a release status. Woohoo!! If any have stayed with 0.6 because of fears of the 'beta' status, please make the change now.

As with previous instructions follow good upgrading practices.

Lastly it works with MO just fine and any issues are not due to code conflict, just user error.

Wow, that's a major update! Looks like we may need to revise our instructions.

Edit: They made a slightly annoying change to the userlist. Every plugin needs to have single quotation marks surrounding them. Just open the userlist.yaml file in Notepad++, replace all name:  with name: ' and all .esp with .esp' and you'll be fine.