Open Cities Skyrim (by Arthmoor)

frihyland

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't look promising and the author has a high-horse attitude that will surely prevent the mod from being clean or compatible with other mods.

If you want to say the mod is broken, that's fine... but to imply that I put myself on a pedestal, or that I would be dismissive of other people's concerns, is egregiously false and incredibly unfair.

If I have ever said anything to you (or anyone else) that made it seem as though I was being callus, or indifferent, then I sincerely apologize. That was NEVER my intention.  I am sorry.

That doesn't look promising and the author has a high-horse attitude that will surely prevent the mod from being clean or compatible with other mods.

If you want to say the mod is broken, that's fine... but to imply that I put myself on a pedestal, or that I would be dismissive of other people's concerns, is egregiously false and incredibly unfair.

If I have ever said anything to you (or anyone else) that made it seem as though I was being callus, or indifferent, then I sincerely apologize. That was NEVER my intention.  I am sorry.

I must had confused you with someone else, since we did exchange a few messages in your thread on Nexus and I can't remember you ever being arrogant in any way.

No need to apologise, like I said to you weeks ago, I hope you will be able to clean your mod up so we can use it with other mods in future STEP. :)

• 4 months later...

Perhaps I missed further discussions somewhere in my absence, but I've been running around with this enabled for the last few weeks, and I think it's excellent. Seems like a clear STEP candidate to me - so much so that I wonder if it's been examined already and found problematic in some way?

Perhaps I missed further discussions somewhere in my absence' date=' but I've been running around with this enabled for the last few weeks, and I think it's excellent. Seems like a clear STEP candidate to me - so much so that I wonder if it's been examined already and found problematic in some way?[/quote']

I've been using Open Cities almost constantly since the version with fixed navmeshes was up and never ran into any issues related to the mod, as far as I can tell.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks,

I just finished with my STEP install a few days ago and have been playing with little to no issues. Considering this mod but want to be very careful about what I install post-STEP. Stability is my focus.

That said, this mod looks great. Any further experiences or consideration other STEP users who have tried this have?

I think I'll try this mod on my laptop. If it cripples my performance I'll have to stay away from it.

Just have to find the time to actually start Skyrim again xD

Update:

- conflicts with Skyrim.esm and the DLC, but with the respective patches it works perfectly.

- conflicts with rooster at dawn (no rooster included in riften)

- it obviously does not work with the Winter edition from Climates of Tamriel...

Whenever I install this mod I always tend to get more crashes and longer loading times. Even get stuck at the infinite loading screen with this installed and it is perfectly fine after I uninstall it. Not sure of the reason why, but I've tended to stay away from it for now.

I've had no problems using it with new game, but loading it with old saves made some of the opening sequences reset like the beheading in Solitude and stabbing in Markarth. I was surprised at how little it affected my framerate while in the cities.

This is always a mod I've had my eye on. I used the Oblivion version and absolutely loved it. And, well, it's hard to say anything bad about anything Arthmoor has ever done. But simply because of the magnitude of the changes made, I've always held off on it. But I'd definitely like to see more discussion on the subject here. Really the only mods I have that may or may not play well with Open Cities is ones from the guide. Other than that most of my mods are content mods (IA, etc.).