Dreadflopps Modular patches

Hey Dreadflopp. I found out what the culprit was !

In SR:LE, Neo says to install the patch for CoT + AoS, probably because he fixes the problems himself in his patch.

So I reinstalled Extended Weathers with the patch and now it works perfectly !

I don't quite get what you mean. The problem was that you hadn't chosen AOS in the extended weathers installer?

Hey Dread. Do you think it would be difficult to add Duel on top of your packs ? I find combat a little too "easy" atm, and was wondering what I could add in terms of mechanics to tailor it a bit further.

I removed Duel from the guide because it lead to stagger locks. With it and some speed bonus to my player character (WAA+Disparity) and could just keep hitting the draugrs with them unable to recover from the staggering effect. I also think bows are overpowered with Duel. I often get killed by the first arrow hit with it installed.

You could try it and compare it to deadly combat. Deadly combat has a small bug that messes up the spells cast counter (which has no function other than to show how many spells you have cast). It is also unsupported by the author who is no longer modding.

There is also a hardcore version of combat evolved.

I have patches for Duel and Deadly Combat that I can upload.

First of all, thanks for all your answers. I would be interested in the Deadly combat patch !

Concerning the fog, in the SR:LE guide, Neovalen says not to use any patches from the Vivd Clouds and Fogs FOMOD installer.

Main File

Options

Vivid Clouds and Fogs

CheckmarkMO.png Vivid Clouds

CheckmarkMO.png Vivid Clouds Climates of Tamriel

CheckmarkMO.png Vivid Groundfogs

CheckmarkMO.png Vivid Mountainfogs

CheckmarkMO.png Vivid Steams

CheckmarkMO.png Vivid fire smoke

Vivid Clouds and Fogs - Half Res

CheckmarkMO.png None

Next
Weather Patches

Do you use Climates of Tamriel?

DotMO.png None

Next
Extended Weathers

1. Vanilla Skyrim

DotMO.png Vanilla: Groundfogs + Windyclouds

2. Climates of Tamriel

DotMO.png COT: Groundfogs + Windyclouds

3. Pure Weather

DotMO.png None

4. RCRN Weathers Only

DotMO.png None

5. NLA Weathers Only

DotMO.png None

6. Purity Weathers Only

DotMO.png None

Install

I guess it's because Neo patched it himself in his merge patch. Since I'm not using his patch anymore, I guess I had to install those patches to make them work !

Anyway I got two other questions for you, one concerning a bug (well... again :p) and one regarding gameplay !

Dual Sheeth Redux makes all NPC with a shield equipped "loop" their draw animation. They can't unsheathe their weapons at all. I have no idea why... And I don't know how to fix other then disabling the "shield on the back for npcs" option in the MCM menu.

Regarding gameplay, with how many followers do you play ? Because even with one (I'm using Arissa) I feel combat is a little bit easy. I really like having a follower for the occasionnal chatter and immersion, but they do feel very strong.

And thanks for all your work and your answers man.

Edited by wisethug

If i remember correctly you don't use the patches from Vivid clouds and fogs because the conflicts are resolved by the main Vividian ENB installer.

No idea how to solve your dual sheath redux problems. Go through all animation mods to make sure you have done it right. Regenerate the DSR patch maybe.

I play with one follower, currently Inigo and previously Arissa. To me combat is not too easy but that is of course subjective. You could try try Deadly Combat, Combat Evolved hardcore or increase spawns with ASIS. Or use the Encounter Zones semi-delevling part of MLU. That makes combat unpredictable since it will sometimes be a little easy and sometimes harder. That is my preferred way of making combat more challanging.

Here is the Deadly Combat - AOS patch. It is only needed if you use the GiantsAI Fix component and it overwrites that component, which means that the original GiantsAI Fix is not needed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15909840/MMO/DeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix%20-%20AOS%20version.7z

Edited by dreadflopp

Very interesting, I just found about this thread since early this morning from another poster who was having some issues with his AMD videocard.  He linked your wiki guide in the thread.  This is the first time I have ever heard about this.  *adds this guide to a separate word document and downloads his modular patches* :innocent:

I will be tracking this thread for sure :)

Hey Dread. I'm coming back to you.. For something not funny. I don't know why, but my saves are getting corrupted after a certain point. On my current playtrough (16H) I can't even load the save game trough the savetool program, it just crashes. For instance, I have a working save from whiterun, then I play normally and all the saves I make after a certain point (actually, I think it's getting the caravan from whiterun to dawnstar - or any caravan for that matter), they are just corrupted. Game doesn't crash. But I can't load my saves. I have literally no clue on how to troubleshoot this. Maybe you have a hint ?

Hey Dread. I'm coming back to you.. For something not funny. I don't know why, but my saves are getting corrupted after a certain point. On my current playtrough (16H) I can't even load the save game trough the savetool program, it just crashes. For instance, I have a working save from whiterun, then I play normally and all the saves I make after a certain point (actually, I think it's getting the caravan from whiterun to dawnstar - or any caravan for that matter), they are just corrupted. Game doesn't crash. But I can't load my saves. I have literally no clue on how to troubleshoot this. Maybe you have a hint ?

No idea what could be causing it. Have the save game files grown to unreasonable sizes? Edited by dreadflopp

Hey Dread. I don't know to be honest. It happens around the 23MB size mark. 23MB saves aren't that big are they ?

23 mb isn't big for a save file. I have never experienced this myself. Try doing different kinds of saves, quick saves are generally considered to be unsafe in Skyrim (never had any problems with them myself through). Try saving with the console (save "filename"). Check for errors on your HD to make sure it isn't causing your errors.

Hi, i've started using this guide and have installed SRLE (with srle's relighting skyrim) + Explorer Edition and it says to rename ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite..but on Nearox pack on Etac patches he says to install ELE Legendary w Fs/Wt and Relighting skyrim..so couple of questions:

1.do i have to have both ELE_Legendary_Lite and _Fs_Wt_Lite for etac or is it okay just to install the patch for legendary?

2.you said to not to use your relighting patches but  etac patches installs different version from Neo's..so i've got two versions of relighting skyrim.. do i still need the modular patches for relighting skyrim?

Odd thing..maybe not to install relighting in etac patches?

Hi, i've started using this guide and have installed SRLE (with srle's relighting skyrim) + Explorer Edition and it says to rename ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite..but on Nearox pack on Etac patches he says to install ELE Legendary w Fs/Wt and Relighting skyrim..so couple of questions:

1.do i have to have both ELE_Legendary_Lite and _Fs_Wt_Lite for etac or is it okay just to install the patch for legendary?

2.you said to not to use your relighting patches but etac patches installs different version from Neo's..so i've got two versions of relighting skyrim.. do i still need the modular patches for relighting skyrim?

Odd thing..maybe not to install relighting in etac patches?

I'll have to check this which I'll probably have time to do tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the ELE patch from EtaC is not needed if you use my patches. I don't use ETaC, JKs or DoS atm since it still somewhat conflicts with Immersive Citizens. Remember that Nearox pack is still in beta. To avoid issues you might want to skip Summerset isles for now. It has landscape texture conflicts that will be solved in its next version.

I'll have to check this which I'll probably have time to do tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the ELE patch from EtaC is not needed if you use my patches. I don't use ETaC, JKs or DoS atm since it still somewhat conflicts with Immersive Citizens. Remember that Nearox pack is still in beta. To avoid issues you might want to skip Summerset isles for now. It has landscape texture conflicts that will be solved in its next version.

Summerset Isles is the only mod that i didn't installed from the pack..as for ETaC i think you're right about the  ELE patch..the only thing i'm not sure is the relighting skyrim..right now i'm using 2 versions of it + your patches for it :D

Summerset Isles is the only mod that i didn't installed from the pack..as for ETaC i think you're right about the  ELE patch..the only thing i'm not sure is the relighting skyrim..right now i'm using 2 versions of it + your patches for it :D

Just checked. The ELE patch is indeed needed. Use the legendary version even though you use the renamed ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite. Since ETaC doesn't touch Wyrmstooth or Falskaar the two versions should be identical except for which ELE file is master.

I don't think you should use the relighting skyrim from the EtaC patches but Nearox should answer that question. This version of relighting skyrim conflicts with ELFX. My advice until Nearox answers: don't use it.