Dreadflopps Modular patches

The attack speed bug is explained pretty good in the description of this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28456/?

I haven't read through this yet, I just had read the information on the WAA page that you posted above.  I agree that using the WAA attack speed fix should not be necessary according to the author.  However, I have tested with and without it and the only way I can get normal speed NPC attacks is to disable Disparity's attack speed fix and add the separate WAA Attack speed esp.  In my testing, I tried this with a new character each time to make sure there was nothing hanging around from prior settings.  FYI, I am also running with Better Vampires.  I have never run into an issue running Better Vampires and Disparity together.  The first time I saw this issue pop up is when I added WAA to the mix.

I have strange problem as well with player using bow. The animation became super slow motion when pulling the arrow. The problem resolved when disable Disparity class system.

Thanks for reminding me, darkside, I have a problem when pulling the bow as well.  When I'm aiming at someone and I pull the bow the game basically freezes until I let go of the mouse button.  The bow is never fully drawn, however, so the arrow barely flies anywhere.  If I'm not aiming at anyone then it works fine and the bug doesn't seem to occur for every enemy npc.  I know the last time it happened I was aiming at a skeleton.  This is another new problem and one I keep forgetting about since I don't start my test games with a bow and only encounter it if I happen to pick one up during my trial run.

Maybe put up a modwatch for the guys having attack speed issues? It's a common issue if you use multiple mods that fix the attack speed. I never experienced it with the MMO pack and Vigor/WAA personally. Also, if you have Mfg Console it will tell you what active effects are on your player and the NPC if you see the issue.

It seems that it's actually Vigor that is making the change and it is intended, as near as I can tell.  Weapon speed and movement attack speed go down as stamina goes down so fighting an npc who swings like crazy will wear them out very quickly, to the point that they seem to be attacking in super slow motion.  I'm using Deadly Combat, which seems to make npcs more hostile, vs duel which makes them more calculating, so that could be compounding the issue.  Deadly combat and vigor also increase stamina regeneration, so if you get away from the npc for just a second they recover.  Since I'm level one and fighting weak npcs that could compound the issue also as npcs have less stamina to rely on.

So maybe there isn't any issue with attack speed after all. I haven't encountered this myself and I'm not using vigor. If there is a problem with attack speed I'd say we go with ServantOfSin's suggestion to use the Mfg Console to troubleshoot.

I have strange problem as well with player using bow. The animation became super slow motion when pulling the arrow. The problem resolved when disable Disparity class system.

I've had this to. I thought it was either a animation bug or serious lag, either script or input lag. It doesn't happen often for me so it's really hard to debug.

Yeah, I've been using Mfg to try and figure it out but it's still tough.  Between Vigor and Disparity affecting stamina and speed it's tough to sort out.  I like that so many mods are offering fixes to the speed bug but since multiple fixes cancel each other out and seem to cause new issues I sort of wish they wouldn't, especially some, like Better Vampires, where it seems out of place and you only stumble onto it if you're paying close attention to all the options in the mcm.  Sometimes Vigor seems like the culprit, intentionally causing them to be slow when they're wore out, but other times it seems too extreme and too early in the fight to be attributable to that.  I really like Vigor but I wasn't planning on dealing with this new issue when I started to test for a new play through so I'm starting to lose patience with it.

I did quite a big update to the layout of the patches, I have renamed them to make installation easier and to bring some consistency to the install process.

* I skipped the numbers; all plugins for all packs/setups/installs are sorted in alphabetical order.

* Core/Extended/SRLE patches are sorted in their own folders, making it easier to sort out plugins that you don't need.

* Made several fixes to the leveled lists - I wasn't always happy with the official MLU patches. The official patches are still needed, my patches can be thought of as addons to those

* I'm ditching the Modular Morrowloot Overhaul pack page and the SRLE_E subguide since it's just confusing to new users

* I made a new page with all these instructions but a lot easier to follow (I hope): https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/Dreadflopps_Modular_patches

I'm guessing I should ask a moderator to rename this thread to Dreadflopps modular patches and use it to discuss the modular patches and using the different packs with each other (as we do).

Edited by dreadflopp

I did quite a big update to the layout of the patches, I have renamed them to make installation easier and to bring some consistency to the install process.

* I skipped the numbers; all plugins for all packs/setups/installs are sorted in alphabetical order.

* Core/Extended/SRLE patches are sorted in their own folders, making it easier to sort out plugins that you don't need.

* Made several fixes to the leveled lists - I wasn't always happy with the official MLU patches. The official patches are still needed, my patches can be thought of as addons to those

* I'm ditching the Modular Morrowloot Overhaul pack page and the SRLE_E subguide since it's just confusing to new users

* I made a new page with all these instructions but a lot easier to follow (I hope): https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/Dreadflopps_Modular_patches

I'm guessing I should ask a moderator to rename this thread to Dreadflopps modular patches and use it to discuss the modular patches and using the different packs with each other (as we do).

So I'm guessing you have asked, in a roundabout way, to have it renamed. Consider it renamed.

What speedfix is everyone using?  Like I said, I always just found it easier to disable Disparity's and leave Better Vampire's fix on but I just started a new test using Disparity's instead.  I also dropped the combat mods (ie no Duel or Deadly Combat, only running with Combat Evolved, Vigor, and Weapon and armor attributes) and I didn't have the speed problem at all.  I watched getav weaponspeedmult for a lot of enemy npcs as well as going through the effects via mfg and everything seems to be working now.  The weapon speed, movement speed and attack speed all seem to fluctuate depending on race, how active in combat they were (fatigue), and if they'd not swung their weapon for a few moments during battle after previously attacking.  This all seemed to be consistent with how Disparity, Vigor and WAA intend them to behave.  

Also, dropping the "normal" combat mods seemed to keep my block1 from exploding like it always seems to do.  Action combat is supposed to get an update soon from a new author who took it over and supposedly is optimizing the scripting process so I might give that a try when it's up.  Ensai hinted he might try a combat mod as well, avoiding the scripting issues that people are claiming DC and Duel have.  I'd like to try Ultimate Combat again but I'm not sure what the issues are with that mod and FNIS so I think I'm just going to stay away from the big three until something better comes along.  Combat Evolved really seems to make a difference, however, and all of the fights seemed to involve npcs that were much more aware of what was happening.  Of course, fighting with TGM on could skew my results a little bit.

I used to use the speedfix from TTRSO when i used that. Since I dropped TTRSO and added ordinator I have been using the speedfix from disparity. I didn't know Better vampires had a speedfix but I haven't had any problems, so far. I'm still at level 2. I'm feeling quite pleased with just combat evolved. What I like best from WAA is the bonuses from not using armor. The speed increase feels right and I like playing without armor.

Ultimate combat combined with FNIS 6+ leads to missing animations if I have understood it correctly. Duel made my game to easy since enemies got stuck in stagger locks. I haven't tried Deadly Combat in a long time but it has a small bug that messes up some statistics on how many spells you have cast, or something like that. It won't be fixed since the author isn't working on the mod anymore. A combat mod by Enai sounds interesting.

Edited by dreadflopp

I used to use the speedfix from TTRSO when i used that. Since I dropped TTRSO and added ordinator I have been using the speedfix from disparity. I didn't know Better vampires had a speedfix but I haven't had any problems, so far. I'm still at level 2. I'm feeling quite pleased with just combat evolved. What I like best from WAA is the bonuses from not using armor. The speed increase feels right and I like playing without armor.

Ultimate combat combined with FNIS 6+ leads to missing animations if I have understood it correctly. Duel made my game to easy since enemies got stuck in stagger locks. I haven't tried Deadly Combat in a long time but it has a small bug that messes up some statistics on how many spells you have cast, or something like that. It won't be fixed since the author isn't working on the mod anymore. A combat mod by Enai sounds interesting.

Do you use Class system from Disparity?