Dreadflopps Modular patches

So hey people !

I just installed a complete SR:LE edition, and I wanted to add some mods to it. Lucky me, I've found your thread ! I also read your guides. However, I do have troubles understanding what I should do.

Let's say I want to install the Dovakhiin Reborn and Gamemplay Rebalance Packs, where should I start ?

My question seems stupid but english isn't my native language and I don't understand what the modular patches are for... If someone could do a quick recap for me, that would be nice :)

So hey people !

I just installed a complete SR:LE edition, and I wanted to add some mods to it. Lucky me, I've found your thread ! I also read your guides. However, I do have troubles understanding what I should do.

Let's say I want to install the Dovakhiin Reborn and Gamemplay Rebalance Packs, where should I start ?

My question seems stupid but english isn't my native language and I don't understand what the modular patches are for... If someone could do a quick recap for me, that would be nice :)

Since you install more than 1 pack you need to use the modular patches. Download Dreadflopps modular patches (I just renamed them, I seemed to have forgotten that). There are short install instructions inside and more detailed instructions in the guide. You need to use all relevant plugins from 

1. Patches for Dreadflopps packs + Survival by Smile44\Skyim Revisited Legendary Edition

1. Install Dreadflopps modular patches.7z in MO

2. Right click 1. Patches for Dreadflopps packs + Survival by Smile44\Skyim Revisited Legendary Edition and set it as data folder

3. Hide all plugins that you do not need. 

4. Activate the mod, all plugins should be sorted in alphabetical order automatically

5. Merge the plugins following the instructions in the guide (just like you did in the SR:LE guide)

Don't be afraid to ask more questions if you need too.

Hi Dread

Have you tried Vigor?

No I haven't. I have read the description and while it's probably good, it overhauled the combat too much to my taste. Since I use so many other mods that changes stats if felt like using vigor on top of that was like asking for trouble. I may be completely wrong and it might just as well work perfectly fine with all of my packs.

Any tips for merging the patches that need heartfires extended as a master? I can't get the merged plugins standalone tool to load it up without erroring out. I am away from my computer but I remember that several of the patches require the STEP extended patch which in turn requires hearthfire extended. Relatedly, I am trying out the new modular patches with SRLE, SRLE explorer's edition, and a couple MMO packs. This means I have about 100 of the modular patches ticked. Any tips for merging these while staying under the 255 mod limit of the merge plugins tool? Should I merge in groups of 25 or so and then merge those intermediate ones into a final one?

Any tips for merging the patches that need heartfires extended as a master? I can't get the merged plugins standalone tool to load it up without erroring out. I am away from my computer but I remember that several of the patches require the STEP extended patch which in turn requires hearthfire extended. Relatedly, I am trying out the new modular patches with SRLE, SRLE explorer's edition, and a couple MMO packs. This means I have about 100 of the modular patches ticked. Any tips for merging these while staying under the 255 mod limit of the merge plugins tool? Should I merge in groups of 25 or so and then merge those intermediate ones into a final one?

The standalone doesn't merge plugins that have been merged so don't merge in smaller groups. The next version of the standalone will have a plugin handler which will solve your problem. For now, create a new profile in MO that is a copy over your current one and deactivate mods that isn't masters to the patches. This way you'll get under the 255 plugin count limit. Hearthfire Extended doesn't give me any error. Exactly what error do you get?

You can use the TES5Edit merge script too if you want:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/Merging_Plugins_With_TES5Edit

Edited by dreadflopp

The standalone doesn't merge plugins that have been merged so don't merge in smaller groups. The next version of the standalone will have a plugin handler which will solve you problem. For now, create a new profile in MO that is a copy over your current one and deactivate mods that isn't masters to the patches. This way you'll get under the 255 plugin count limit. Hearthfire Extended doesn't doesn't give me any error. Exactly what error do you get?

You can use the TES5Edit merge script too if you want:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/Merging_Plugins_With_TES5Edit

Thanks, I will try the separate MO profile for merging until the new merge plugins tool comes out. I'll post the error when I get home, but I also can't load it in TES5Edit. Since others posted similar issues in the forum page for hearthfires extended, I thought others might have run across the issue here and found a way around it. I'll try to find the specific error message tonight.

Thanks, I will try the separate MO profile for merging until the new merge plugins tool comes out. I'll post the error when I get home, but I also can't load it in TES5Edit. Since others posted similar issues in the forum page for hearthfires extended, I thought others might have run across the issue here and found a way around it. I'll try to find the specific error message tonight.

Strange, I didn't know that. I'll double check to see if I get any errors with it.

Hey Dreadlfopp. Thanks for your last answer, however I still have troubles finding out what to do.

So I installed SR:LE. Nothing more. I want to install Dovakhin Reborn & Gameplay rebalance.

I have the "Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition" folder with all the patches... But I don't know which ones to use ? Is there an easy way to do that ? :O

Hey Dreadlfopp. Thanks for your last answer, however I still have troubles finding out what to do.

So I installed SR:LE. Nothing more. I want to install Dovakhin Reborn & Gameplay rebalance.

I have the "Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition" folder with all the patches... But I don't know which ones to use ? Is there an easy way to do that ? :O

It should be pretty straigtforward. You have a readme that explains what the abbreviations stands for:

The following abbreviations are used in the patches

3DNPC=Interesting NPCs

Arissa=Arissa - The Wandering Rogue https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53754/?

BetterDGEntrence=Better dawnguard entrance

BQO=Even Better Quest Objectives

Breezehome fully upgradable=Breezehome FullyUpgradable https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11158/?

CACO=Complete Crafting and Alchemy Overhaul

College of Winterhold=Immersive College of Winterhold

DSAMG=DSAMG - Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious

EFF=Extensible Follower Framework https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12933/?

ELE=Enhanced lighting for ENB

ETaC=Expanded towns and cities

Inigo=INIGO https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40960/?

KhalSpellmakingMod=Spellmaking in Skyrim - The Last Altar

MLU=Morrowloot Ultimate

Nightingale Hall=Nightingale Hall Restored - Karliah as a Follower https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13632/?

Not so fast=Not So Fast - Main Quest https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62894/?

ORS_MorthalPain=The Oblivion Realms Serie - Morthal Pain

RotE=Revenge of the Enemies

RRREnhanced=Realistic Room Rental Enhanced

SIC=Skyrim Immersive Cretures

Sky Haven Temple=Sky Haven Temple Merchants and More

SMIM-Merged-All=The merged plugin from Static mesh improvement mod that is installed with SR:LE

SR:LE=https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

TTRSO=The Third Reace Skill OVerhaul

USKP=Unofficial Skyrim/Dawnguard/Hearthfire/Dragonborn Patch

Vilja=Vilja in Skyrim https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26393/?

Vividian=Vividian ENB - Weather and Lighting https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36067/?

In the Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition patch folder, you'll see the following patches. SRLE is just a prefix for me and you to know which patch it is so it doesn't get mixed up with STEP: Core/Extended patches. I highlighted the patches you should use and added notes. I'm guessing here since I do not know excatly that mods you are using but if you have installed the recommended versions of the two packs, it should be correct.

Green: Install this patch since you are using the mod it patches

Yellow: Install this patch if you use the mod it patches (the mod is optional in the pack)

Red: Do not install the patch since you do not use the mod it patches

000 Read me.txt

SRLE___MLU.esp   ;   since you don't use MLU (Morrowloot Ultimate), you do not use this patch

SRLE___MLU__ELE.esp   ;   since you don't use MLU (Morrowloot Ultimate), you do not use this patch

SRLE___MLU__ELE__CACO.esp   ;   since you don't use MLU (Morrowloot Ultimate), you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Alchemy.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Alchemy__MLU.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Alteration.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Destruction.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Enchanting.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Enchanting__MLU.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Heavy Armor.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Light armor.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Light&Heavy Armor__Aurora Standing stones.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO OneHanded.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Smithing.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Smithing__MLU.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Speech.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE___TTRSO Speech__Enchanting Awakened.esp   ;   since you don't use TTRSO, you do not use this patch

SRLE__Alternate start.esp   ;   You use Alternate start, therefore you use this patch

SRLE__Atlas__Book Covers Skyrim.esp   ;   You use both Atlas map markers and Book covers of Skyrim, therefore you use this patch

SRLE__Atlas__CACO.esp   ;   You use both Atlas map markers and Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul, therefore you use this patch

SRLE__Atlas__Relighting Skyrim.esp   ;   You don't use Relighting Skyrim (full version), so you should not use this patch

SRLE__Atlas_ELE.esp   ;   You use both Atlas map markers and ELE, and therefore use this patch

and so on ...

SRLE__Aurora Standing stones.esp

SRLE__Better Fast Travel.esp

SRLE__Books of Skyrim.esp

SRLE__CACO.esp

SRLE__CACO__Better vampires.esp

SRLE__CACO__SIC.esp

SRLE__Combat Evolved.esp

SRLE__Combat Evolved__CACO.esp

SRLE__Deadly Dragons.esp

SRLE__Dragon Combat Overhaul.esp   ;   If you use dragon combat overhaul, use this patch

SRLE__DSAMG.esp

SRLE__EFF.esp

SRLE__EFF__BQO.esp

SRLE__EFF__FCO.esp

SRLE__Elemental Destruction Magic.esp

SRLE__Elemental Destruction Magic__ Disparity (1).esp

SRLE__Elemental Destruction Magic__Imperious (2).esp

SRLE__Elemental Destruction Magic__Imperious__Disparity (3).esp   ;   As the text file says, use one of these three patches!

SRLE__Elemental Destruction Magic__Use one of the three patches.txt

SRLE__ELFX__ELE.esp

SRLE__Enchanting awakened.esp

SRLE__Enchanting Awakened__Traps are dangerous.esp

SRLE__EnhancedlightsandFX__Alternate Start__ELE.esp

SRLE__Falskaar - STEP.esp

SRLE__Follower Comentary Overhaul.esp

SRLE__High Level Enemies.esp   ;   Use this if you have HLE installed

SRLE__High Level Enemies__Warmonger.esp

SRLE__Immersive Armors__CCOR1.7.esp

SRLE__Immersive Patrols.esp

SRLE__Immersive Potions.esp

SRLE__Immersive Potions__TTRSO Alchemy.esp

SRLE__Lore Weapon Expansion__aMidianBorn_ContentAddon__MLU.esp

SRLE__Lore Weapon Expansion__CCOR pach and Nord dagger fix.esp

SRLE__Lore Weapon Expansion__Lost Longswords.esp

SRLE__Lore Weapon Expansion__MLU.esp

SRLE__LostLongSwords__CCOR (1).esp

SRLE__LostLongSwords__MLU__CCOR (2).esp

SRLE__LostLongswords__Use one of the two patches.txt

SRLE__Mature Skin__1. Disparity.esp

SRLE__Mature Skin__2. Imperious.esp

SRLE__Mature Skin__3.__Imperious__Disparity.esp

SRLE__Mature Skin__4.__Elemental Destruction Magic__Disparity.esp

SRLE__Mature Skin__5.__Elemental Destruction__Imperious.esp

SRLE__Mature Skin__6.__Elemental Destruction__Imperious__Disparity.esp   ;   Plugin 6 should fit your install best

SRLE__Mature Skin__Use only one of the Mature Skin patches!.txt

SRLE__NPC Knockout Overhaul__Thieves guild requirements.esp

SRLE__OBIS.esp

SRLE__OBIS__Alternate start.esp

SRLE__Ordinator.esp

SRLE__RotE.esp

SRLE__RotE__MLU.esp

SRLE__RotE__MLU__SIC.esp

SRLE__RotE__SIC.esp

SRLE__RRREnhanced.esp

SRLE__RS Children.esp

SRLE__RS Children__Falskaar notice board.esp

SRLE__RS Children__Wyrmstooth notice board.esp

SRLE__RW2__Realistic Boat Bobbing.esp

SRLE__RW2__Realistic Boat Bobbing__Wyrmstooth.esp

SRLE__SIC.esp

SRLE__SIC__RRREnhanced.esp

SRLE__SIC__RRREnhanced__ELE.esp

SRLE__Stealth Skills Rebalanced.esp

SRLE__Stealth skills rebalanced__Aurora standing stones.esp

SRLE__Stealth Skills Rebalanced__TTR Enchanting.esp

SRLE__Stealth Skills Rebalanced__TTR Heavy armor.esp

SRLE__Stealth skills Rebalanced__TTR Light armor.esp

SRLE__STEP__SMIM-Merged-All.esp   ;   SMIM-Merged-All.esp is the vesrion of the SMIM plugin that SR:LE uses

SRLE__STEP__SMIM-Merged-All__CACO.esp

SRLE__Thunderchild.esp

SRLE__Thunderchild__TTRSO Speech.esp

SRLE__Thunderchild__TTRSO Speech__Enchanting awakened.esp

SRLE__Thunderchild__Wyrmstooth.esp

SRLE__Traps are dangerous.esp

SRLE__Unique Uniques.esp

SRLE__Unique uniques__MLU.esp

SRLE__Warmonger__High level enemies.esp

SRLE__Warmonger__WAA.esp

SRLE__WarmongerArmory (1).esp

SRLE__WarmongerArmory__MLU (2).esp

SRLE__WarmongerArmory_Install one of the two patches.txt

SRLE__WarmongerArmory_These two patches are for STEP Extended, SRLE__or STEP Core+CCOR.txt

SRLE__Vividian.esp

SRLE__xSTEP forward (installed by everyone).esp

Thanks man... Wonderful answer. Last question : I have a clean SR:LE install. Do I need to install all this to use your packs and patches ? Or is it just an advice ?

To make an almost complete SR:LE install without STEP, install all of SR:LE except the following mods and patches:

• No Spinning Death Animation
  • Realistic Ragdolls and Force - Install but hide the plugin
  • When installing even better quest objectives, leave out the following patches:
    • BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
    • BetterQuestObjective-CuttingRoomFloor.esp
    • BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
  • The conflict resolution patch

The following mods from the STEP guide should be added on top of your SR:LE install:

• Explosive bolts visualized
Hide the following textures from the SR:LE mod EotW The Dawnguard Textures Remastered:
  • /textures/dlc01/weapons/crossbow/bolt_n.dds
  • /textures/dlc01/weapons/crossbow/bolt.dds
  • Consistent Older people
  • Invisibility Glitch - Eyes fix
  • Animated Weapon Enchants
  • Smooth blades draws and sheath
  • Invisibility eyes fix
  • Hearthfire Expanded
  • NARC
  • Not so fast - main quest
  • STEP Extended patch

After installing Enhanced lighting for ENB following the SR:LE guide, rename it's plugin:

• ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp -> ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

The following mods needs to be installed with different options than in the SR:LE guide:

• Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
  • The Cutting Room Floor patch and the ELE patch are not needed with STEP 2.2.9.2+
Edited by wisethug

Thanks man... Wonderful answer. Last question : I have a clean SR:LE install. Do I need to install all this to use your packs and patches ? Or is it just an advice ?

You need to install it. The reason is that you are going to use the STEP Extended patch combined with my patches instead of the SRLE conflict resolution patch. The mods you need to add are all masters to the STEP Extended patch and without them the game will CTD before the main menu. The mods you should remove are all integrated into the STEP patch and are therefore not needed.

The main reason for me to make the patches this way, with the STEP Extended patch instead of the SRLE conflict resolution patch, is time. By doing it this way I can use the same patches for both STEP and SRLE and I won't have to switch between SRLE and STEP when I'm making the patches.

Alright. So just to recap :

I install everything you say to do from the modular patch page.

Then the packs I'm interested in.

Then modular patches from the dreadflopps modular patches archives, like you told me to.

Then I'm set ? :)

EDIT : Another question... Concerning the "Relightning Skyrim" part.

Do it the SR:LE way:

Use my patches. The ELFX Exteriors module and Enhanced lighting for ENB (ELE) are both requiredThe custom version from the SR:LE guide. Do not use my Relighting Skyrim patches, they are not for this version

I don't understand... Man I think I may look stupid !

EDIT 2 : Annnd an other problem. When I try to install "STEP Mod Compilation and v2.2.9.2 Patches", I can't install the Step:Extended Patch, only the STEP:Core patch. I followed everything you said, following the install instructions from the step guide. Maybe there is a typo in your guide ? Because there is two invisibility eye fixes :

• Invisibility Glitch - Eyes fix
  • Animated Weapon Enchants
  • Smooth blades draws and sheath
  • Invisibility eyes fix

And another question : from the "STEP Mod Compilation and v2.2.9.2 Patches" do I only need to install the Step Extended Patch or also the mod compilations ?

Edited by wisethug

Your recap is correct, that should do it.

If you followed the SRLE guide you have installed ELFX, ELE and a custom version of Relighting Skyrim. That's it. You don't have to do anything else. Do not use my patches for Relighting Skyrim, you don't need them with this version of Relighting Skyrim .

There should only be one invisible eyes fix, the one used in the STEP guide. If there are two in my guide it is a typo, I'll fix it. When you install the STEP compilation you only need the patch, I should add that to the guide. If you can't install it, a plugin is missing. I'll check that but I don't think I'll be able to today. Check the first post here:

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/9370-step-compilation/

There you'll find what mods are needed for the STEP patch to be installed. If I have missed anything, let me know. I'll check in a day or two.

Edit: It might be Weapons and armor fixes that's the problem. SRLE and STEP uses different options for this mod that results in different plugins being used. If that is the case and no other plugins are missing, choose manual install and install the STEP patch anyway.

Edited by dreadflopp

Thanks Dreadflopp. I manually installed the Step:Extended patch with the DReborn & the gameplay Rebabalance pack and so far so good, no CTD on startup. Thanks for all your help, great work !

EDIT : Do you think the Deleveled Loot pack is mandatory to a "balanced game" ? I'm contemplating the fact of installing it too. :D

Edited by wisethug