Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Well, your basic understanding is about to hit a learning curve. Just look at the tags, find the subrecords that match and then see if a mod changes that subrecord, so it would need that tag. Even if it only changes it once it needs the tag. Even if it's a mergeable plugin it needs the tag. Also, you may have to look at what the tag is since it's listed for Oblivion and kinda apply it to Fallout. They are almost completely identical, but a bit of tweaking is required.

There are two tags to be aware of for Fallout not on the list. Weapon Mods, if you see weapon mod changes listed for a weapon then it needs the tag to merge the mesh/texture paths. Deflst, the FormID list category, if you expand it and there are records where FormIDs are removed, then it needs that tag.

If you run into a problem then ask me. NVR3 is good starting point. I have Body-F, Body-M, Eyes, Hair, and NPCFaces, already so the rest need to looked at.

I installed everything and it appears to run mostly fine, except that the text in VATS is all black and there are no hit percentages. I tried reactivating Unified HUD and using the overwrite in MO but that did not help. Any idea what i can do to fix it?

Update: i fixed the VATS text, i think it was a hud_main_menu .xml file from CINEMATECH, where it should be the one from One HUD. I did run Unified after installing CINEMATECH but apparently something got messed up.

Edited by Blackice

Well, your basic understanding is about to hit a learning curve. Just look at the tags, find the subrecords that match and then see if a mod changes that subrecord, so it would need that tag. Even if it only changes it once it needs the tag. Even if it's a mergeable plugin it needs the tag. Also, you may have to look at what the tag is since it's listed for Oblivion and kinda apply it to Fallout. They are almost completely identical, but a bit of tweaking is required.

There are two tags to be aware of for Fallout not on the list. Weapon Mods, if you see weapon mod changes listed for a weapon then it needs the tag to merge the mesh/texture paths. Deflst, the FormID list category, if you expand it and there are records where FormIDs are removed, then it needs that tag.

If you run into a problem then ask me. NVR3 is good starting point. I have Body-F, Body-M, Eyes, Hair, and NPCFaces, already so the rest need to looked at.

Okay, decks are cleared, F&L MO profile is up to date, FNV has my full attention. I've got NVR3 opened up ... and I'll admit I'm not sure what I'm looking for. For example, I see that NVR3 wins a conflict with FCO in the RNAM category, would this mean a RNAM tag is needed for Wrye Flash to correctly patch? If so should I be creating a list to be submitted to you/LOOT?

• +1 1

Okay, you aren't looking for conflicts with other mods other than their masters. So, most mods have FalloutNV.esm as their master which means if they change a subrecord it needs the bash tag. It doesn't matter if it conflicts with any other mods, just that it changes a subrecord of it's master.

Also, pretty sure that the FCO plugins shouldn't be used with NVR3. It's all over the mod's nexus page that it could mess stuff up, plus I did a bunch of FCO stuff already.

If you see that some plugins need a tag, let me know.

"If you see something, say something." That was for terrorism, but I feel like patching terrorizes me, so it works.

I installed everything and it appears to run mostly fine, except that the text in VATS is all black and there are no hit percentages. I tried reactivating Unified HUD and using the overwrite in MO but that did not help. Any idea what i can do to fix it?

Update: i fixed the VATS text, i think it was a hud_main_menu .xml file from CINEMATECH, where it should be the one from One HUD. I did run Unified after installing CINEMATECH but apparently something got messed up.

Yeah, it should be DarnUI, PN, other mods with UI, oHUD, FlashlightNVSE, uHUD.

What up EssArrBee... I was taking a look at your guide again for what ever reason. I came across the creating a bashed patch section and immediately remember how much of a pain it was to keep track of it.

So here's a suggestion, how about implementing one of those newly discover drop down menus.

So that every line in the drop down has a user clickable check mark...

Or subdividing the list up into smaller sections. Like groups of five.

I don't know about you but my eyes wander away because of all the compact text.