Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

New problem !

(Ty so much for the help again)

When I was in Doc Mitchell house, I could access the menu normaly (with save and load), but when I got out (I think after I tried my weapon, the 9 mm) I can't access it anymore, I just can click on the MCM menu ...

An idea ?

New problem !

When I was in Doc Mitchell house, I could access the menu normaly (with save and load), but when I got out (I think after I tried my weapon, the 9 mm) I can't access it anymore, I just can click on the MCM menu ...

An idea ?

Ok I deinstalled all the ui mods (I deleted it, that I did not do before, I just replaced them with new install *sorry*). So now all is working even One Hud !

New problem !

An idea ?

Do you mean the options menu? If you have portions greyed out, then you missed the bugfix for MCM. I think you're missing a lot of little things from the guide. The guide is fairly comprehensive with few issues on it's own, but if you miss things it'll take time to track them down.  

Do you mean the options menu? If you have portions greyed out, then you missed the bugfix for MCM. I think you're missing a lot of little things from the guide. The guide is fairly comprehensive with few issues on it's own, but if you miss things it'll take time to track them down.  

Don't think I missed lot of things, I think I missed to read all the readmes from all the mods, and some things were not written in the guide. Like that thing to not delete the Overwrite folder content from the ui mods. But yeah maybe I'm not good at modding if I get all that issues.

Nevermind, I have other issues ...

Don't think it is really important and maybe it's normal but I get missing images of objetcs in Pip boy menu, like on the SS

https://imgur.com/a/wk9ZT

The most annoying problem is I have in game background music (not radio) that loops, always at the same moments I thing, like it's lag but it's not because I'm at 40 fps minimum.

An idea again ??

• 2 weeks later...

Finally tracked down a couple bugs that annoyed me for the longest time while helping someone on reddit. Both are from the LOD additions mod. 

First, the Image Space is changed for some reason for the main worldspace. It never occurred to me to check that plugin when the weathers were off. 

Second, there is a placeholder file in the LOD textures that the author never removed. If you've seen those green billboards then that's where it was from. LODGen built the LOD files using the placeholder file which have a big green spot on it.

If you have those problems just open up the plugins from the LOD mod and change the Image Space to the correct one. The default Image Space should be used. Here's a picture:

0TJIgCyG.jpg

The other bug requires opening up the mod folder itself. You can just do it in MO by going to the filetree tab and expanding textures->clutter. Hide billboard01blod.dds and billboard01blod_n.dds. Then you have to rerun FNVLODGen again. I know it's a pain, but shouldn't take more than 15 minutes if you are a total slowpoke. 

Does anyone use the GOG version of FNV? I want to look into whether it behaves differently than the Steam version without buying another copy of the game. I'm starting to mess with the general Fallout guide I start way back when and want to make sure stuff is consistent. 

I just installed the GOG version of FNV and used dumpbin on FallmoutNV.exe to confirm the LAA flag is indeed enabled. I picked up a boatload of old Bethesda games on GOG fairly cheap during the sale.

If I buy it again on GOG that will make 4 times. I bought the retail disk version twice because I thought I'd lost the disks during house moves only to find them later. So now I have the Steam version and 2 disk versions.

Getting rid of Steam does sound appealing but I also play a lot Civ games and they are Steam release only. Still... all my D&D games and all the Fallouts on GOG is also very appealing.

EssArrBee, I'm thinking about writing a short/informative guide to aid in TTW basic install/setup, gonna leave it in TTW forums to try and help/reduce the amount of user error game setup topics in there.

Can I have your permission to link into sections of your guide when applicable?
I asked to Adonis for his TTW guide as well =]

Ok, I redid the LODGen for the new fixes but adding the skibadaa's LOD Resources for Vurts gives me this in the Finished LODOutput.  

wbRkwqJ.jpg

What .dds file am I missing here/messing up?

Edit: There's a fix by a commenter named chadsketch on Skibadaa's Mod page.  Exactly same issue so I'm gonna try his fix.  Gotta love rerunning LODGen lmao.

Edited by ZidanReign

Lr5cCxp.jpg

Fixed!  In case anyone gets the same problem as me, here's the comment about LOD Resources for Vurts.  

The mesh (vurt_mojavebush_lod.nif) included in the download points to a texture (textures\vurt\vurt_mojbush02_lod.dds) that just isn't in the mod package or the peripherals. I fixed this by copying "Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Vurt's WFO.esp\vurt_mojavebush_0000B440.dds" to "textures\vurt\" and renaming the texture "vurt_mojbush02_lod.dds" and rerunning FNVLODGen. 
Edited by ZidanReign