Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I was considering that, but thought it better to keep the 2 different mods separate, just in case I decide to play around with them later.

On a side note, Interior Lighting Overhaul has been updated to 6.9 and has an MO friendly install version (except it doesn't seem to be that MO friendly, really). I haven't had too much of a chance to take a good look yet, but it seems it has ILO and every patch in the one file now, which I'm not sure is a good thing...

Edit: Nevermind, once you extract the FOMOD and create a new archive, it runs an installer which seems to work properly.

I noticed that too and decided to leave a comment for @Sarge on his Nexus page. All MO users need is the fomod as the download outside of the archive and we're good to go, regardless of which version. Both install just fine in 1.3.x.

There are a couple of mods that I am (trying to, at least) putting in my load order that I think might do well in the guide. One of them I'm not sure is needed, as it may have been covered in another mod, and another I'm not sure is compatible with another mod yet.

Manual Reload - This mod is fantastic for realism, but doesn't detract from anything. It remembers how many rounds you had left in your current clip, so if you fire a few rounds, then swap to another weapon and back, instead of being full, you'll have a half full clip. Also doesn't automatically reload when you finish your clip. You only reload when you say to reload.

Missing Ammo Recipes - Adds some handloads that should probably have already been in the game. Not sure if this is covered under another mod or not. Someone might be able to enlighten me.

Alternative Repairing - Gives a good robust repair system that uses various items to repair weapons and armour, instead of just like weapons (not compatible with PN repair system, which can easily be disabled in the mod menu).

Improved Automatic Ironsights Animations - Does what it says, not sure if it would be compatible with Enhanced Camera, but is compatible with WAR.

Realistic Weapon Damages - Great mod that makes the game more challenging. Compatible with all weapon mods, as it doesn't change how much damage weapons do, but instead how that damage is applied (for example, most things can be killed with a headshot, as you'd expect) and applies to both NPCs and the player.

Mobile Truck Base - Gives an alternative immersive way to avoid fast travel. Instead allows fast travel between certain locations, and has storage that is fully compatible with Sortomatic.

I notice some people on here have posted some good ideas in the past - fixes, mod changes, mod additions, or mod removals that would improve the dynamics/content of the game.  EssArrBee has given permission to the community to modify the guide as long as the changes are well-documented in the changelog.  There are a few people on here that seem to be quite proficient in modding this game, analyzing edits in FNVEdit, etc...  For those of you that are, why not propose your ideas here in this forum for discussion and then we can go about improving the guide after there is some mutual agreement to the changes?

Mod additions/removals might be something you run by me ahead of time since the guide is nearing the plugin limit.

This might be wise seeing as some people have a plugin limit of 130. So maybe add a new section for optional additions, for those with a bit more wiggle room.

OK.  What about removing The Right to Bear Arms, as many people have stated how it makes very powerful weapons far too easy to obtain and also stuffs NPC spawns with extra loot as it doesn't get combined into the bashed patch well?

What about replacing Realistic Wasteland Lighting with its better successor, Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement?

Also, can I go and create a link within the guide to the page created by EssArrBee that gives multiple weather/lighting options?

EDIT:  Lastly, did anyone test out EssArrBee's IMPACT patch and is it good enough to allow us to add IMPACT into the guide along with the patch, or are there still issues?

I think it looks great, but yeah, same as above. If it is another plugin on top of the existing plugins, it's going to be hard to justify it over other possible mods. But if it can either be merged, a replacer or textures, then I'd say it should definitely be added to F&LNV.

I just downloaded and installed - it's just textures.  I've never even played the game long enough to get a companion though so I can't easily test it out.  Someone who has some companions want to test this mod out a bit to make sure things look OK and report back to give the go ahead.  Maybe GrantSP, you could possibly add that mod into the guide in the appropriate spot (after the tests, which seem like they shouldn't be difficult to do) and make sure to comment about it in the changelog?

OK.  What about removing The Right to Bear Arms, as many people have stated how it makes very powerful weapons far too easy to obtain and also stuffs NPC spawns with extra loot as it doesn't get combined into the bashed patch well?

What about replacing Realistic Wasteland Lighting with its better successor, Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement?

Also, can I go and create a link within the guide to the page created by EssArrBee that gives multiple weather/lighting options?

EDIT:  Lastly, did anyone test out EssArrBee's IMPACT patch and is it good enough to allow us to add IMPACT into the guide along with the patch, or are there still issues?

Removing TRTBA is probably not such a bad idea, while I can see the appeal to it delevelling NV a bit, if it makes it too easy to get really good weapons too early, I don't think keeping it is such a good idea. Delevelling can be both a good and a bad thing. One thing I found in Skyrim, is that using various mods made the progression through weapon types far too fast (you'd use an iron sword for an hour before replacing it with a steel sword, which you'd use for an hour, then replace with an orcish sword or sometimes even skip over materials) which I didn't enjoy.

As for replacing the RWL mod with RWLE, I personally don't see an issue in it (it isn't actually part of the main guide, but on the weather mods page that EssArrBee has been working on), but it might be wise to wait until EssArrBee is ready to link the weather/lighting mod page to the main guide before messing around there. The other thing is you'd also need to make sure the mod is compatible with all the other mods, and has compatibility patches, and those compatibility patches then can't blow out the mod limit. Unfortunately it often isn't as simple as "install this mod instead of this mod".

I'm about to finish putting together my load order with IMPACT included, I'll let you know how I go when I get it finished. I should know in a few days, when I get a chance to a) finish the load order and b) get some time to play. EssArrBee has said that he's used it a bit with the F&LNV guide and it worked fine, and I trust him.

I just downloaded and installed - it's just textures.  I've never even played the game long enough to get a companion though so I can't easily test it out.  Someone who has some companions want to test this mod out a bit to make sure things look OK and report back to give the go ahead.  Maybe GrantSP, you could possibly add that mod into the guide in the appropriate spot (after the tests, which seem like they shouldn't be difficult to do) and make sure to comment about it in the changelog?

I'll make a point to stick it in my load order ASAP. Thanks for checking that out! I haven't had a chance to do so as yet, between work, sleep and family stuff.