Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

You could try re-installing JUST the female raider textures.

Nope, still got the same issue.  Double checked the ESM just to make sure I removed all the proper files.

It really isn't a huge deal, it's just frustrating I can't find what's causing the issue.

make sure all your BSA's are checked.

They sure are.  Tried it with manual AI and with MO's, same issue.  It's odd, all the other custom races are fine.

BTW, I appreciate everybody's help.

Edited by Veezy

Using the 1.2.16 version of MO the UI section certainly falls into the "advanced user" disclaimer, as it doesn't cover how to fix Project Nevada - Extra Options and Flashlight NVSE won't install as the installers can't find what they need to be installed correctly, Cyberware+DLC and MCM menu. To be honest I don't actually know how to fix that in MO, I am planning on just repackaging the archives and installing that way.

Also, after making the ini edits as per the guide I seem to have actually gotten mouse acceleration where before I didn't. I will play around with this when I wake up and see if I can straiten it out.

Yes, that's a known issue. 

SRB has a post in on Tannin's Bug Tracker about it and the fix is apparently in testing.

I saw that they were not installing properly, ie not syncing with the MCM menu, I didn't see the entire "can't install this".

.17 seems to have fixed it though!

Edited by Livnthedream

Is there a reason NV Uncut - Outside Bets isn't in the list.  I thought I saw a thread relating to the mod, but can no longer seem to locate it.  It's been a while since I played FONV, but on this F&L playthrough recalling things that were in previous games and not in this one. Pretty certain they were things that Outside Bets added in and I'm just wondering if it's possible to add it into my load order without blowing everything up.

Will it conflict with anything?

I saw that they were not installing properly, ie not syncing with the MCM menu, I didn't see the entire "can't install this".

.17 seems to have fixed it though!

I just installed it and it works great. I'll update to MO v1.2.17 in the guide too.

Is there a reason NV Uncut - Outside Bets isn't in the list.  I thought I saw a thread relating to the mod, but can no longer seem to locate it.  It's been a while since I played FONV, but on this F&L playthrough recalling things that were in previous games and not in this one. Pretty certain they were things that Outside Bets added in and I'm just wondering if it's possible to add it into my load order without blowing everything up.

Will it conflict with anything?

Outside Bets adds a lot of NPCs and that kills performance. Also, the mod was never really finished. There was a reason that Obsidian left that stuff out, so it takes a lot to add it back in and optimize the mod. I'll look it over again soon. I do know that it should be loaded before Primm Reputation Restored. If following the guide then it goes before the Machienzo merged plugin.

1. Puce Moose Tweak and Balance Center – Various difficulty and hardcore adjustments. From small things like halving all consumables in the world to making loose grenades missiles able to be shot and destroyed (resulting in, logically, explosions) to doubling hardcore rates and making food more difficult to ingest and everything in between.

2. Josh Sawyer’s Mod – Weapon adjustments, armor stat adjustments, consumable weight adjustments, karma adjustments, etc. Really useful for showing what direction the game was heading, given more time from the team to patch it. Personally, although it’s not in my load order at the moment, I consider it a must have and as essential of an unofficial patch as YUP.

I'm also quite interested in STEP assessments of these mods.

Edited by Ghostwise

I'm also quite interested in STEP assessments of these mods.

I've looked over Puce Moose's mod quite a bit and just never pulled the trigger on it. Parts of that mod are covered by other stuff or I just didn't want to install more stuff. If the plugin limit was even 150, then I'd probably have a bunch more stuff. I do like some of the tweaks, but I forget what they were. I'll add something from that mod one day.

I know lots of the fixes in that mod are in YUP, but I just didn't want to have the armor and weapon adjustments and then everything added by armor/weapon mods is out of balance with the vanilla stuff. I may look at it one day.

May I ask, through which method was the .pdf version of the guide created? Was that simply saving the guide from the step site into .pdf "directly", or did you possibly use something like LaTeX to write that?

I used a little command line program called htmltopdf or something along those lines. I did a big reinstall of my drives and OSs a while back and have not updated the pdf in a long time. I should probably get around to that. I've never heard of LaTeX, so I'll check that out.

LaTeX is a "type setting system" .. well better read this to get the idea. It is mostly used for scientific reports or papers, as you have nearly unlimited possibilities to design a document (starting with math & physics .. or even creating images, like you can see here). You basically write a "textdocument", which then get's compiled, for example into a .pdf. Honestly, it is not the easiest thing to learn, but the results can be great. So yeah, in case you would have known LaTeX and would have used it to create your .pdf, it would have meant that you are quite familiar with the whole background. In that case I would have been really interested to see those kinds of files, just for the sake of it. ::P:

Anyway .. I would suggest to keep using your original method to create a .pdf version, LaTeX is not something that you can simply switch to and immediately start using it happily, that needs weeks and weeks to get into. Thanks for the answer nonetheless! ::):

In case you are (generally) interested in this sort of stuff though, you would need two programs to start the adventure, e.g. "MikTeX 2.9" and an editor like "TeXnicCenter 2.0" (be aware though, there are dozens of other, available tools which could be used instead of those two).

And now .. // OT end. Back to your FNV guide.

Edited by pStyl3

Actually, I do know what TeX is. I just didn't put the LaTeX part together with it. I usually just use Eclipse plugins. I think it's called TeXlipse or BiblaTeX and it's used with something like Pdf4Eclipse.

I probably wouldn't do it with this sites pdf version due to the amount of tiny changes I make. The app I use is simple and works well, but I guess I just neglected it since it's easy to forget about.