FNV Guide - Info and Feedback

EssArrBee

Just one last point, SRB. Adding Wrye Flash as an executable would need instructions, as it will prove tricky for less experienced users:

Select <Edit...> from the drop down list of executables in Mod Organizer	In the displayed window input "Wrye Flash" into the "Title" box (wihout the quotation marks)	Input "E:Python27python.exe" (without the quotation marks) into the "Binary" field, amending the path accordingly to your Python installation - alternatively, select "..." button and locate your Python installation directory.	Input "E:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruMopy" (without the quotation marks) in the "Start In" field, amending the path accordingly to where you have Wrye Flash installed - alternatively, select "..." button and locate your Wrye Flash installation directory.	Input "E:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonFallout New Vegas enplczruMopyWrye Bash Launcher.pyw" (WITH the quotation marks this time), again amending the path accordingly to where you have Wrye Flash installed.	Select "Add" button.
That completes the guide review. It's well written, detailed and easy to follow - well done SRB! I Must say I never used any body replacers before, but I will use them now, to see how it looks in game. Also, I did not install couple of mods that you recommend, namely Centered 3rd Person Camera and Tutorial Killer (personal preference, too many ESPs, accordingly).

Here's Some a lot of other mods that I can recommend from my side or that I've had on my "to check" list:

Speed-E Wheel Travel Systems attempts to bridge the gap between no fast travel and free-form fast travel with Speed-E Wheel Travel Stations.

Scattered around the wasteland are eleven Speed-E Wheel Travel Stations. When the player encounters one, it will have to repaired in order to be functional. Once repaired, the player can use it to safely and quickly travel to any other repaired Speed-E Wheel Station. [/size]

In addition, each station can be hacked to enable employee discounts, or to disable the jingle from the overly-enthusiastic pitchman that plays whenever the player (or an NPC) ventures too close to a Speed-E Wheels station. [/size]

[*]Manual Reload - this removes automatic reloading of your guns. Realism mod. Used it before, no issues.

[*]JIP Companions Command - used it, but not the latest version. Worked perfectly. Gopher uses it in his current Let's Play too. OSD for companions control. Reminds me of Skyrim's EFF. Would need to test against your guide's mod set up. Also, it needs NMM Unified HUD install.

[*]DCE - HQ Beards - used before, good mod! It's set to hidden atm on Nexus though, reason: New Beard textures and Hair textures are included in Fallout Character Overhaul. Link. I have never used this one, so need to check it out.

[*]Four Legged Friends - adds some animal companions to the game. Never used it, but it looked interesting. 

[*]Improved Automatic Ironsight animations - can't remember if I actually used it... It "removes camera movement in the 2haattackloopis.kf animation, and instead adds a proper firing animation. This way, the gun will visibly recoil, but the camera will stay still, making it much easier to use this guns as they were intended.[/size]

[*]"

[*]Ladder Restoration Project - great mod for sniper type characters. It "brings to you the functionality of the ladders to all the tall billboards across the wasteland, and even the guard towers around the camp McCaren wall. Thats right you no longer have to longingly look up at those guards as they fire down on fiends, now you can do it too[/size]

[*]". 

[*]Monocyte Breeder Implant Improved "This mod improves the implant so you can regenerate 1hp every half second. That's 60 health every 30 seconds! Now you might actually be tempted to spend the 12000 caps for it! [/size]

[*](previously the implant had you regenerate 1hp every 10 seconds, the new implant has been buffed quite a bit, but is useless unless you take cover in a firefight.)"

[*]New Vegas Uncut mod series (search Nexus). They add a lot of removed vanilla content to the game. Equivalent of Skyrim's Cutting Room Floor. I had them installed, but never actually tested

[*]High Detail LOD for Mojave - can't remember if I actually used it, but I have it endorsed on Nexus, so must have... Worth checking out.

[*]Couriers Stash Integration - a better alternative for Courier Stash Pre-oreder pack selector IMHO. Now all the items are added to the levelled lists. Awesome! Used it and loved it.

[*]CASM with MCM - FNV is not as stable as Skyrim... or at least that's my experience. That's why autosave tool is essential! Used it ofc.

[*]Increased Weapon Jamming - as per the name. Realism mod. Used it before, it's great.

[*]Missing Ammo Recipes - enhances the ammo recipes list with the ones that were missed in vanilla. Used it, loved it.

[*]Better Smoke and Ballistics - 

-New muzzleflashes for 5.56 weapons, AM rifle and shotguns[/size]

-Smoke added to all guns[/size]

-Retextured smoke[/size]

-Smaller, more realistic tracers[/size]

-More realistic shotgun stats, larger range, more pellets and less spread[/size]

-Faster projectiles[/size]

[*]Epic Skills - Effects over 100 - in essence, this is the equivalent of Skyrim's Community Uncapper

[*]Ammo Ingredients as Loot - "It kinda sucks that you never find primers or powders for ammo crafting lying around, doesn't it? Well thankfully, this mod gives a small chance of those components showing up in ammo crates, dumpsters and toolboxes.[/size]" Used it and loved it. 

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. Some of those mods are on my list to try out. I'll probably spend a decent amount of time tonight or tomorrow doing some revision of all the written actions to make things clearer and more detailed. Also plan to start with the patching.

Apparently, cleaning honest hearts will mess the northern passage so I have figure something out if it is sending objects off the map.

Couriers Stash Integration is really a more natural way to handle the various pre-order packs you get. Only thing is, the WMX plugin says to use it in place of the WMX pre-order pack plugins, yet I think WMX updated parts of the pre-order plugins. Huh. I'd stick with the pack selector for now, until an updated version can be made.

Some of the mods on Root's list seem like instant intergrations for me - Manual Reload, Improved Automatic Ironsights Animations, CASM, Improved Weapon Jamming... in fact, all the mods he lists after that seem really, really good.

EDIT: For adding Flash as a executable in Mod Organizer, I selected the "Wrye Flash Debug.bat" file. Works 100% fine for me.

No problem. Just one more mod came to my mind, it's a must have for me: A Familiar Friend - The Pip-Boy 2500 - Handheld Pipboy + alternate skins for it.

::EDIT::

Couriers Stash Integration is really a more natural way to handle the various pre-order packs you get. Only thing is, the WMX plugin says to use it in place of the WMX pre-order pack plugins, yet I think WMX updated parts of the pre-order plugins. Huh. I'd stick with the pack selector for now, until an updated version can be made.

/snip

Ditto. 

So, in regards to ENB - which ENB would you guys recommend for 0.249 and Nevada Skies 1.4.1? I tried to search Nexus, but couldn't find any suitable ones...

::edit::

Another mod that I used before and that adds to immersion is Burning Campfire - that just makes the campfires actually burn when you activate them in game. Simple and good!

However I have just noticed it may not be compatible with HH. I asked author if that's the case, see what they say...

Looks like MadCat221 uploaded a new version of Half-Hansified Holorifle that has no plugin dependence - just a straight plugin-less replacer. I guess it can be introduced right back into the guide - just use the "WMX DLC" file. Plus, in a game where you try conserve plugin usage, this is completely grand.

About ENB choice - I used E ENB before when doing initial New Vegas playing, but it looks like it fell off the face of the Nexus (mod can't be found). And Enhanced Shaders looks like it isn't updated to the recent Nevada Skies version - using the old 6x series instead of 1.4.1. In that case, my immediate suggestion would be Diablotherium ENB, which does indeed use NSkies 1.4.1 - and it looks like Ess's testing it. And... that's what I can find that would work. Guess I'll be using that too.

I think the ADAM mod you have uploaded on the guide might be corrupt. Well first, Ive tried to install it many different ways, except straight to the DATA folder in my game directory. I have even tried installed the FOMOD with Fallout Mod Manager and it comes up with an error explaining that the 'element plugin has incomplete content. List of possible element is expected: 'conditionflags, type descriptor' '. Dunno what that means. 

Even if I am installing it wrong, I would have no idea where to go to install it. I downloaded the ADAM file you posted on the guide, but once I have it in 7zip or Winrar I have no idea where to go from there. Any help would be appreciated!

I've experienced that error with the external FOMOD installer (which I normally use for MO out of habit) - I had to use the internal installer in order to install that specific mod.

Could you go into more detail on how you use an internal installer please? I really want to get all of the mods on the guide to work properly. 

So, in regards to ENB - which ENB would you guys recommend for 0.249 and Nevada Skies 1.4.1? I tried to search Nexus, but couldn't find any suitable ones...

::edit::

Another mod that I used before and that adds to immersion is Burning Campfire - that just makes the campfires actually burn when you activate them in game. Simple and good!

However I have just noticed it may not be compatible with HH. I asked author if that's the case, see what they say...

Try Enhanced Shaders it has been updated to 249 and the Neutral version works the the vision modes in PN since it doesn't have any color changes. Nice DoF effect with that ENB and 5 Performance options too.

I think the ADAM mod you have uploaded on the guide might be corrupt. Well first, Ive tried to install it many different ways, except straight to the DATA folder in my game directory. I have even tried installed the FOMOD with Fallout Mod Manager and it comes up with an error explaining that the 'element plugin has incomplete content. List of possible element is expected: 'conditionflags, type descriptor' '. Dunno what that means. 

Even if I am installing it wrong, I would have no idea where to go to install it. I downloaded the ADAM file you posted on the guide, but once I have it in 7zip or Winrar I have no idea where to go from there. Any help would be appreciated!

You don't need to use 7zip or winrar. I have a feeling that you may be using the extra copy of the guide I made and that is a placeholder for something else. I just downloaded and used the installer with MO. Make sure that if using MO you are using version 1.1.1, since 1.1.2 seems to have installer issues.

Make sure you are using the page here not here.

Haha, funny you should encounter the same problem as the one that was just posted on the REGS thread.

Anyway, the "element plugin has incomplete content" error is caused by NMM's installer absolutely wanting to find a , a and a entries for each in the fomod.

So just add empty tags for every unused thing.

For example, instead of

You'd have to actually write this in the ModuleConfig.xml:

That'll make it work with FOMM, NMM, and by extent MO's external installer. Edited by CJ2311

Ive been using the correct guide but I have been using MO version 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.1...... Am I screwed now that I have gone through half the guide with the incorrect version of MO? How do I fix it? I don't understand how you just downloaded it and used it with MO? Im sorry I am not trying to be annoying, I am just extremely ignorant on how to properly install stuff like this. 

Last thing and then Ill stop asking questions for the time being lol, now that I turned back and switched to the earlier version of MO (the one in said guide), whenever I try and download a mod off the nexus by clicking the "download with manager" button, i receive a message from MO saying that there has been an invalid response and the information cannot be recieved? I am guessing this is because I am using an earlier version? Any solution to this? Again, last question for now I promise lol