Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library

I am making headway with the first book hunt but am having to learn the vagaries of the CK as I go. I have already had to learn how to create new static clutter but now I am over that hurdle I should be making better progress. There is something wrong about Fus Ro Dah'ing containers and gravestones around the room!

Mod updated to version 1.3 with an UPDATE file since the changes are in the ESP only.

- Clutter : Gelebor's rest area in Darkfall Cave, relevant book clutter (Dawnguard)- Book Hunt : First Editions

- Added master file : Book Covers Skyrim.esp

See the mod description on the Nexus for details of the new hunt.

Just a heads up to say that I will be taking some enforced time away from modding the Lost Library while I migrate my PC innards from one case to another. Since it is water-cooled, this is not as straightforward as an air-cooled rebuild.

I will be taking redundant backups of the Book Covers mod just in case as well as securing my personal Lost Library build which is part-way through the "That Damned Horse" book hunt.

For those interested, I am moving my motherboard, processor and graphics card over to a CaseLabs S8 case with all new radiators, double pump, Aquaero fan control and, importantly for me, rigid copper tubing. It isn't a case of cut some tube, hook it up and check for leaks. The tube is 12mm OD hard copper with a full 1mm wall thickness and has to be custom bent without a lot of waste as this stuff is fiendishly expensive and unforgiving of mistakes.

I will have my iPad for internet access during the down-time but will not have as much time for checking forums. I will of course post an "I'm back" message when it is all sorted.

So... until further notice, I am offline.

Bit of a setback today... I got all the copper tubing bent to shape, polished and connected for the leak test and it piddled everywhere! Two of the connectors were not snug or were under stress because of incorrect lengths and a good fifty cc ended up all over the motherboard around the mosfets and CPU.

No harm done as the power was not connected and it was purified water anyway. I had to strip everything down including the motherboard housing, strip and redo the thermal paste on the CPU and dry everything off.

I will correct the issues I think caused the leak tomorrow and connect in stages to check the problem joins on their own.

Yes good luck and don't forget the paper towels, there may not be any current flowing but I air on the side of caution anyways. Wish I had enough for a Case Labs case $$ also those Aquaero FC's are ridiculous. A Case Labs case would have solved several of my issues with the loop I have in mine. I'm looking forward to what you come up with for the mod Daniel.

Problem solved... or at least identified.

There was the tiniest gap between the EK motherboard water block G1/4 extender and the push-fit connector on each end of the block. The push-fit connector had a thread that was the maximum for the G1/4 specification and the EK extender had a short thread like the rest of the EK connectors so the o-ring didn't seal

I bought a pair of 1.8mm G1/4 spacers for delivery next week (Monday is a local bank holiday of course!) and once they arrive I will reassemble and refill.

Another setback today... The 1.8mm spacers do not fit on the EK extenders. The extenders have a rounded top lip which means that the o-rings of the spacers squidge out under the slightest pressure. It proved impossible to get them to sit correctly and still give a seal.

The second leak test failed with a small seep at the spacers and unfortunately some water got on the motherboard as I stripped down the tubing. That meant a full disassembly and drying again.

I solved the issue by removing the EK extenders. That meant I had to modify the plastic shroud on the ASUS motherboard... a hacksaw job. Now I can use the push-fit connectors straight onto the MOSFET block without the extender.

The third leak test passed with no short-term leaks under low pressure and passed with both pumps running too. The majority of the air purged after an hour apart from some in the processor block but that will shift.

Next step is the wiring. I have made custom cables for the drives and have to get the fans hooked up to the Aquaero. Once I have fans, I will connect one none-boot HDD to test if the water has done any damage. If I can boot to the bios I will connect the two SSD main data drives.

After that, I should be online and ready to configure the Aquaero... then back to modding... once I have caught up with SR:LE changes over the past two weeks.

Phew!

Edited by DanielCoffey

I'll see what I can do. I have no photos yet and haven't finished the custom cabling but I should be able to give an idea of what the rigid copper looks like.

I should stress that there is no such thing as a "typical" CaseLabs case as they are highly customisable. The S8 that I picked is for the full ATX motherboard (I had the mobo before choosing the S8 - with hindsight I would have bought mATX and the S5) and is a cube case arranged horizontally. It is white, has side windows, an extended top with two 360 radiators in push/pull with a total of 15 fans controlled by an Aquaero 6. I may have over-specified the cooling capacity a bit as it is totally silent in operation, even under load. When running the Heaven and Valley tests the GPU only gets to 39C despite a very heavy overclock!

I'll charge the camera batteries and see what pics I can come up with that show the copper.