Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library

Script debugging help needed...

Please can those of you who are familiar with Papyrus have a look for lines similar to the following in your logs. I have had one report of Papyrus spam but cannot reproduce it so would appreciate some additional eyeballs...

"Error: None is not a valid inventory itemstack: [ (0007434C)].ObjectReference.GetItemCount() - "" Line ? [bCSLL_VendorQuest (64012C88 )].BCSLL_VendorScript.RemoveItemFromVendor() - "BCSLL_VendorScript.psc" Line ? [bCSLL_VendorQuest (64012C88 )].BCSLL_VendorScript.RemoveValuableBooksFromVendor() - "BCSLL_VendorScript.psc" Line ? [bCSLL_VendorQuest (64012C88 )].BCSLL_VendorScript.RemoveAllModItems() - "BCSLL_VendorScript.psc" Line ? [bCSLL_VendorQuest (64012C88 )].BCSLL_VendorScript.OnInit() - "BCSLL_VendorScript.psc" Line ?[08/19/2014 - 11:46:14AM]"

Version 1.2

Bug Fix : corrected World Mesh for Harvest's End

Bug Fix : resolved possible source of Payyrus spam in BCSLL_VendorQuest

Add : The Real Barenziah, Volumes 1 to 12 (Unabridged) from Daggerfall to the Valuable Book lists.

Remember to rebuild your Bashed Patch to pick up the new books on vendors and loot.

Edited by DanielCoffey
  • +1 1

Curious, Daniel:

With the Volumes 1 through 12, I'm just wondering if the "Real Barenziah" from the base game is a condensed version of that one or not? I mean... same title and everything. Never finished Daggerfall (I was 12 when it came out, and while I loved playing it I had NO IDEA there was even a storyline), so I'm not really sure.

According to The Imperial Library, there are three versions...

1. The unabridged 12 volume set

2. The Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim condensed version, censored by the Tribunal Temple, reduced down from twelve volumes to five.

3.  Then the Imperials got hold of that version and rewrote the Biography of Queen Barenziah... from their perspective.

Dude thanks a lot awesome work! :D Since i love collecting (and reading) every book in the game this and ur previous mod are just wonderfull :D

I do have a (noob) question, i have modded my game since the day they released on nexus but never used one that required Wrye Bash, so i was wondering: do i have to use wrye bash to install this or do i just have to download it and run it trough MO?

Tks in advance :)

Edited by Pantera160

Install it through MO as usual.

All you need Wrye Bash for is managing the shared merchant and levelled lists. Remember that you have to run WB through MO so that it can see the MO virtual directories.

1. Download and install WB from the Nexus. By default it will put itself in Skyrim / Mopy / WryeBash.exe

2. Open MO and go to the Tools icon (the cog wheels)

3. You need to  create a new entry for Wrye Bash pointing to the location that WB installed itself.

4. You can now run WB through MO.

5. Once WB is opened, you should see all the MO-installed mods and at or near the bottom of the list, one new one called Bashed Patch, 0.esp

6. Right-click it and choose the Rebuild Patch option. Let it finish and you can close WB.

Remember to rebuild the Bashed Patch in WB every time a mod which affects levelled lists changes.

You may have to tick the Bashed Patch in the MO esp panel and run BOSS to sort it into the correct place.

Thanks for the great release! I've been waiting for this one for awhile and in just happened to come as I was setting up a new playthrough. I have a possible bug to report: when I picked up and read "Liturgy of the Duelists," all the world textures (the background textures while reading) dropped and I was left with a big pink field. I picked up another book immediately after without any problem, so it looks like it was limited to just that one. I was testing a heavily modded build, so it's entirely possible the disappearing texture wasn't attached to your mod. Just wanted to mention it in case it was. 

Quick question... in Tolvald's Cave where you find the Crown of Barenziah if you are a Thieves Guild member... is the main chamber with the crown blocked off until you are on that quest or does the crown just not appear until you are doing the quest?

I wanted to add some book clutter to the main chamber but when I went to view the place on a test save, there was a rock wall in the way.

I can easily place my clutter in the wrecked carts in the corridors but I wondered what the condition was for getting into the main chamber.