A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Hey CJ,

I wanted to confirm follower related pathing issues reported by another user a few pages back in Darkwater Crossing & Rorikstead. Followers get stuck crossing the bridge entrance into Dark Water and on the road outside the Rorikstead Market in Rorikstead.

I'm using the REGS ETAC v3.3 and v3.3.1 Patches. Don't have any other mods that should affect those two areas in game outside of REGS/SRLE.

Edited by vidalia

Hey CJ,

I wanted to confirm follower related pathing issues reported by another user a few pages back in Darkwater Crossing & Rorikstead. Followers get stuck crossing the bridge entrance into Dark Water and on the road outside the Rorikstead Market in Rorikstead.

I'm using the REGS ETAC v3.3 and v3.3.1 Patches. Don't have any other mods that should affect those two areas in game outside of REGS/SRLE.

Yeah, that was me, but it looks like we are in the minority at least based on what CJ has seen and heard from many other users. Since I don't run a STEP approved mod build, it's entirely possible the issue was caused by that. I have since just started using the latest ETAC as released by Missjennabee but haven't tested it out with followers in tow yet.

Yeah, that was me, but it looks like we are in the minority at least based on what CJ has seen and heard from many other users. Since I don't run a STEP approved mod build, it's entirely possible the issue was caused by that. I have since just started using the latest ETAC as released by Missjennabee but haven't tested it out with followers in tow yet.

I am not running a strict SRLE build either but none of the "other" mods in my load order edit the Tamriel Worldspace/Navmesh.

Well going from 60FPS to 30-ish with an R9 280x or similar cards is still pretty overkill though, especially considering I'm not even using an ENB for testing. :|

Indeed. In all honesty, at first, I had a doubt about Dawn of Whiterun's FPS loss until I decided to take your advice (yours is always good and right on the spot) into consideration and gave it a try. Sure enough, the FPS loss indeed came from Dawn of Whiterun. I have two GTX 780 Ti, and I still have FPS loss with Dawn of Whiterun installed (BF4 runs perfectly on Ultra setting). It is sad to see the goats gone though.

Edited by Dakkon

Did not read entire forum. Did a search, no joy.

Installing cities, towns, and settlements portion of pack over core STEP and a couple other mods. Terrific mods, so far. This is a GREAT pack.

Anyone having a problem with out-of-order masters in REGS PATCH - RND and 3DNPC? In BASH, the RND patch "seemed" to be telling me it wanted the RND esp loaded before the Resources esm, and the 3DNPC patch complained about load order with REGS - Cities.esp, though I believe I've got the correct BUM settings.

A quick fix in TES5EDIT, but I am concerned about correct overrides if I'm missing something.

I have to say, the changes are amazing. I'm almost hesitant to test in-game because I want the experience all at once. Again, I'm totally impressed with STEP recommendations and the people who contribute here. Just amazing. 

EDIT: spelling correction and punctuation

Edited by Searcher7

I installed this PACK, on top of STEPcore and a bit of STEPextended. I use Mod Organizer. My H/W is a i5 with Radeon R7870 running tripple screen setup (1080x5790) and use Flawless Widescreen.

I had fully installed Explorer's Guide, following the instructions explicitly. But now I am getting CTD's very regularly, and loading screens will often freeze, or loop endlessly. I have Frostfall and SkyRe installed as well as cloaks and winter is coming and alternate start. Noticed multiple things with my set-up, seemed to be Navmesh issues with Fight against the Thalmor III & IV, Realistic Room Rental, & Inns and Taverns. I ran it with them activated, and de-activate. Didn't seem to matter.  

In addition, my masters in Wrye seem to have some issues (orange colored box) with the order (similar to Searcher7 post #818). My post mod process is: Run BOSS, look for any issues, correct any issues, re-run BOSS to verify issues are gone. Run Wyre, rebuild bashed patch. Run ReProccer. Check Overwrite folder and handle accordingly. 

Seem to not be able to paste my mod order here for some reason. Any help on this CTD/Freeze problem? How do I post my mods and mod order into this?

IdiotDave, on 13 Apr 2014 - 2:29 PM, said:

Seem to not be able to paste my mod order here for some reason. Any help on this CTD/Freeze problem? How do I post my mods and mod order into this?

buncha stuff listed

....so bracket [ then spoiler followed by a ]...close the spoiler with [ and /spoiler and a ]

Do you use SSME and ENBoost?

Edited by Kuldebar

I am not running a strict SRLE build either but none of the "other" mods in my load order edit the Tamriel Worldspace/Navmesh.

Well, I happened to fast travel to Rorikstead with a thrall and Lydia. The thrall was stuck back a ways, but they warp into a stable area anyways. Lydia was near me. The thrall was stuck, like with a navmesh issue. We went back to see what was happening and Lydia got stuck as well. I FRD'd both towards the exit and ran down the road. They both ran off the road, back towards town a little, onto the the ETaC store walkway, then went in to the store. I guess they needed a snack or something. Disabling the replacer ETaC fixed the pathing, obviously. Looks like the road navmesh is impassable in the area outside the store (with my suspect load order), but they TRY to get around it. I'm gonna test with the normal ETaC esp tomorrow and see what happens.

Do you use SSME and ENBoost?

I use ENBoost, but not SSME. Was going to try installing it as part of troubleshooting. But really just felt like playing yesterday. I'll give it a go and see if it helps.

I walked back to my last stable build, which was STEPcore + some of the Extended, SkyRe, Frostfall, WIC & cloaks. Ran like a champ for 4+ hours (good session on a rainy day).

I'll install SSME, and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't, I plan to start enabling 1 mod at a time to figure out what is stable with my current build.

I am wondering if SkyRe is a potential problem. Anyone else running it with this PACK?

Whats the word on the BOSS reported Navmesh issues with Fight against the Thalmor III & IV, Realistic Room Rental, & Inns and Taverns. Does anyone else see these? I'll try re-installing them to see if they go away (user error?)

Brodual has made a youtube video about his 10 favourite quest mods, and brought out some interesting ones, like Sorcery, Undeath and Agent of Righteous Might

A lot of this mods are present in the pack, i just would like to point out some that are not present but that it would be great to add.

ARM modifies Winterhold + Ivarstead and is not compatible.

Sorcery messes with the follower system, making it incompatible with all follower mods (and the USKP changes to followers)

Undeath affects the gameplay (changes a lot of vanilla magic stuff) and is therefore incompatible with all mods that change magic (e.g.: Skyre, Requiem, SPERG, Better Magic, etc...)

There are patchs for ETaC 9.1 in the mod page on nexus. Do we need that at all? Thanks.

If you use the REGS ETaC-Replacer, then you shouldn't use the patches on the nexus. If you use the normal version of ETaC that's on nexus, then yes, you do need the patches.

Quick update: Ran the same load order with the original ETaC esp and everything is okay. So, tommorow I'll pull up the replacer in the CK and look at things.

I'm afraid this isn't something I can fix quickly. Besides, ETaC will undergo some changes soon (hopefully) that'll force me to remake another replacer from scratch anyway.

Whats the word on the BOSS reported Navmesh issues with Fight against the Thalmor III & IV, Realistic Room Rental, & Inns and Taverns. Does anyone else see these? I'll try re-installing them to see if they go away (user error?)

As long as you're using the replacers, there will be no problems with FaTT. As for Realistic Room Rental and Inns and Taverns, those reports are outdated, the navmeshes have been fixed half a year ago.

CJ - I'm surprised neither you or anyone else has mentioned the update to Inns & Taverns to v2.0, which adds a new one, Hunter's Rest, near Shor's Stone.

I'm assuming it will be fine, but have been sitting on the download waiting to install while I work through my "issues" with Dawn of Riften.