A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

If Sorcery messes with the follower system, should I uninstall the mod? I use Simple Multiple Followers (a pretty lighweight mod) and I haven't noticed anything amiss with my followers.

But would it better to be safe then sorry and just uninstall Sorcery? I have played the mod once before (a long time ago) and it was pretty awesome. 

I was thinking I could just swap the current replacer by a merged version of all ETaC modules as they are now, minus Dawnstar and Falkreath (and without modified vanilla interiors either) when ETaC 9.2 is released. Especially since the small bugs that the replacer was designed to fix all got squashed by Jenna or me in ETaC v9.What do people think about that? (No need to worry about saves either, I can do that in a way that'll not mess anything up in your saves ::P: )

As already said earlier in the thread, in the end it's your decision what you deem best. :) I was wondering though, what do you mean with "minus Dawnstar and Falkreath"? Would those towns be the same as in vanilla then?

If Sorcery messes with the follower system, should I uninstall the mod? I use Simple Multiple Followers (a pretty lighweight mod) and I haven't noticed anything amiss with my followers.But would it better to be safe then sorry and just uninstall Sorcery? I have played the mod once before (a long time ago) and it was pretty awesome.

Hm, maybe it wouldn't mess up with that one, I only checked AFT, EFF, and UFO, and all 3 use certain scripts that get overwritten by sorcery's scripts. Just check via MO if any of Simple Multiple Followers' files are getting overwritten by sorcery or vice-versa. 

As already said earlier in the thread, in the end it's your decision what you deem best. :) I was wondering though, what do you mean with "minus Dawnstar and Falkreath"? Would those towns be the same as in vanilla then?

Yep, Dawnstar and Falkreath would remain as they currently are in vanilla (so all that would be lost is the few changes to the Dawnstar docks)And also Morthal would be the ETaC morthal, with some whiterun-themed houses (such as the bathhouse)

Performance impact. The main reason why those 2 areas were removed by the replacer in the first place is that they cause a lot of CTDs (just search the ETaC thread for Dawnstar and count the replies), and why they still won't be included until that's fixed in ETaC. (Dawnstar is first on Jenna's list atm, after she's done with Winterhold)

Pretty much.There's a patch for everything that needs it in the pack, I wouldn't overlook such a well know incompatibility :P

Howdy! Mike Hancho, author of Helgen Reborn here, and was just notified of this thread and great project. First, thank you to the folks who are working hard on making all these mods compatible. It's got to be a monumentally difficult undertaking, lol. Part of me wants to applaud your efforts and the other part of me wants to weep for you!

Anyway, I am very interested in what you found in terms of incompatibility between HR and Fight the Thalmor II. I long ago removed every edit I could from my mod to fix the issue, and even looked through the Fight II plugin to see if I could figure it out. My gut said it was likely a navmesh issue, but I removed all navmesh edits except for finalizing the navmesh in the cell where my prison is which was not optional because of my door there.

I've not even been 100% convinced there was a compatibility issue because I regularly crash with ONLY Fight II when I leave Bloodlet Throne and head over the hill toward the road. But you guys are probably a lot smarter than me, lol. Is it possible to tell me what you did to fix the crashing and if it's possible for me to edit both mods and post an edited version of Fight II that's fixed? Madfrenchie is long gone and didn't respond to my requests to do so.

Thanks!

Edited by Balok

Howdy! Mike Hancho, author of Helgen Reborn here, and was just notified of this thread and great project. First, thank you to the folks who are working hard on making all these mods compatible. It's got to be a monumentally difficult undertaking, lol. Part of me wants to applaud your efforts and the other part of me wants to weep for you!

Hey, I didn't know you were a member on these forums.First of all, thanks for the kind words. It means a lot coming from the person who made such great mods (I'm looking at you, Bison Steve Hotel) :)The project actually isn't as hard as you think (thankfully, otherwise I wouldn't where to start) 

Anyway, I am very interested in what you found in terms of incompatibility between HR and Fight the Thalmor II. I long ago removed every edit I could from my mod to fix the issue, and even looked through the Fight II plugin to see if I could figure it out. My gut said it was likely a navmesh issue, but I removed all navmesh edits except for finalizing the navmesh in the cell where my prison is which was not optional because of my door there.

You guessed right, it is indeed a navmesh issue, the problem is that FaTT changes the same cell as the prison, as well as some of the adjacent ones. If I remember corectly, that was causing a few unresolved references (and therefore crashes)The fact that FaTT 2 also has a deleted navmesh somewhere around that area made things worse (I suspect that's what might be causing the issues near Bloodlet Throne that you're encountered with FaTT alone) 

I've not even been 100% convinced there was a compatibility issue because I regularly crash with ONLY Fight II when I leave Bloodlet Throne and head over the hill toward the road. But you guys are probably a lot smarter than me, lol. Is it possible to tell me what you did to fix the crashing and if it's possible for me to edit both mods and post an edited version of Fight II that's fixed? Madfrenchie is long gone and didn't respond to my requests to do so.

I actually don't remember exactly how I fixed it, seeing as how it was 2-3 months ago, all I can tell you is that I cleaned the FaTT 2 mod and restored the deleted navmeshes, and then loaded both Helgen Reborn and FaTT 2 as masters in the CK to finalize the Thalmor prison's cell in a new file.Both the fixed version of FaTT 2 and the patch are available in this download. Feel free to use them however you want ::): (BTW, it's been way over 6 months since I sent a PM to MadFrenchie for permission to distribute the cleaned version of his mods, but he hasn't given any sign of life...)

I also would recommend checking if the replacer for FaTT 2 fixes the issue near Bloodlet Throne by the way. (I've never encountered said issue)

Edited by CJ2311

OK, this may be really stupid so forgive me if I'm being inept, lol. I downloaded and installed a fresh version of Fight II from the Nexus and then overwrote his file with your Frontier file. Just for S's & G's I loaded a save and checked and it still crashed, so I figured I needed the Helgen Reborn - Frontier Patch file so I added it and made sure it was below the other two. I loaded and I'm still crashing at the same spot as always, walking up the road toward the prison just before you get to the fort type rubble pieces jutting out of the ground right along the road. I replaced the edited plugin with the original Frontier plugin and still the same thing. Just to be sure it wasn't a save-bake issue I loaded from the main menu, coc'd into the world and got the exact same thing. Am I missing something?

I'm having some serious issues in Morthal. I go to Morthal and I notice that a lot of buildings are disappearing/going invisible whenever I go away from it at a certain distance or look at it from a certain angle. There is one house, some Fishery shop in the center of Morthal, that has walls that are completely invisible all the time. The only thing I can see is the door and some lights, and a few stacks of wood all floating up in the air.

I've tried saving and reloading, but that didn't solve anything.

Do you know how I can  fix this issue?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Images/414441/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Images/414442/?

Edited by calfurius

OK, this may be really stupid so forgive me if I'm being inept, lol. I downloaded and installed a fresh version of Fight II from the Nexus and then overwrote his file with your Frontier file. Just for S's & G's I loaded a save and checked and it still crashed, so I figured I needed the Helgen Reborn - Frontier Patch file so I added it and made sure it was below the other two. I loaded and I'm still crashing at the same spot as always, walking up the road toward the prison just before you get to the fort type rubble pieces jutting out of the ground right along the road. I replaced the edited plugin with the original Frontier plugin and still the same thing. Just to be sure it wasn't a save-bake issue I loaded from the main menu, coc'd into the world and got the exact same thing. Am I missing something?

To be honest, I didn't know there was a CTD at that pass near Bloodlet Throne, the patch and the fix only aimed to prevent the ctd that I was having when going to the cell with the prison. I ran several times from Helgen to the Thalmor checkpoint and didn't encounter any crashes. I'll investigate and try to fix the crash you're talking about in the next days, as soon as I'm done with Expanded Towns and Cities.

@calfurius: No idea of what could be causing that, are you using the replacer or the default version of ETaC? If it's the replacer, I'd recommend waiting until Monday/Tuesday, when the new version of ETaC (and the replacer) will be released.

I was using the replacer version, and okay i'll just wait until Monday I guess.

EDIT: I found what was causing the issue. After doing a bit of testing I discovered there is some incompatibility with Better Town Textures. I found this out by starting two new saves.

One save had BTT installed, and the other didn't. The one with BTT installed had the Morthal glitch, and the one without BTT installed did not have any problems at all.

Edited by calfurius

To be honest, I didn't know there was a CTD at that pass near Bloodlet Throne, the patch and the fix only aimed to prevent the ctd that I was having when going to the cell with the prison. I ran several times from Helgen to the Thalmor checkpoint and didn't encounter any crashes. I'll investigate and try to fix the crash you're talking about in the next days, as soon as I'm done with Expanded Towns and Cities.

@calfurius: No idea of what could be causing that, are you using the replacer or the default version of ETaC? If it's the replacer, I'd recommend waiting until Monday/Tuesday, when the new version of ETaC (and the replacer) will be released.

I still get the Bloodlet Throne crash too, but I'm talking about walking up the main road about 200 yards before you get to the prison. The prison is up on the right and there are a couple of ruin debris piles jutting up out of the ground right at the cell border between the cell with my prison and the next joining cell. So yeah, it's the cell with the prison.

Hello again,

could you explain please how, if in any way, the integrated "Sewers" mod differs from the normal one?

Thank you. :)

It doesn't differ at all, the reason why it was merged was to make compatibility with the rest of the pack easier. :)

On another note: FaTT 2 is driving me crazy, and the next version of ETaC is going to be even more awesome.

Edited by CJ2311