A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Just so I'm clear on this, we chose either Riften NavFull or Riften NavLite, based on which mods we have. Do we continue to use REGS Patch - 3DNPC.esp and REGS Patch - CRF.esp in addition to the new patch?

Yeah the other patches are still needed.

I was just wondering if anyone had tried using the Shadow of Morrowind mod with the Real Explorers Guide to Skyrim.

The mod is located here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35789/?

I loved morrowind so I'd love to run around in this area but I'd hate to crash my game a ton because it was known to be incompatable with Real Exploreres Guide.  (If I have to choose between the two, it's Real Explorers Guide all the way~)

So, has anyone tried it?  Did it work okay?

Hello CJ2311,

I would like to ask, if your merged file "REGS - Cities" is compatible with iNeed, because as far as I'm aware, compatibility between "iNeed" and "Nernies City and Village Expansion" is achieved by script from iNeed (_sndlcquestscript.psc) looking for some formIDs from "NerniesCityandVillageExpansion.esp"

Nope, sadly it's not compatible, although I suppose you could edit said script and change the esp name to REGS - Resources.esm, I kept the same formIDs that are used by Nernie's mod, so it doesn't require anything else than that.

I just registered to say a heartful thank you for your guide, I've discovered many things I wanted in my game here. Also, wanted to ask if you knew the existance of/considered this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47989/? it's still a WIP but for the comments it looks quite good. I'm planning to test it, but as I have a fairly stable game now (if a bit strained due to all my mods), wanted to ask first if anyone was using it alongside the good mods in your pack. I don't use all of them because my laptop can't run them without issues or are not my cup of tea, but the ones I use I love. Thank you for your work

I just registered to say a heartful thank you for your guide, I've discovered many things I wanted in my game here. Also, wanted to ask if you knew the existance of/considered this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47989/? it's still a WIP but for the comments it looks quite good. I'm planning to test it, but as I have a fairly stable game now (if a bit strained due to all my mods), wanted to ask first if anyone was using it alongside the good mods in your pack. I don't use all of them because my laptop can't run them without issues or are not my cup of tea, but the ones I use I love. Thank you for your work

Glad you're enjoying the pack. :)

I didn't test this mod, but I'm going to load it in TES5Edit in a while to see what would be incompatible with the guide. All I can say for now is that there is a very high probability that the Granite hall module of that mod might not be compatible with the Granite Hall mod by ThirteenOranges (don't ask me how I guessed that, secret of the trade ::P: )

I'll get back to you on the rest of the modules when I check them.

Nope, sadly it's not compatible, although I suppose you could edit said script and change the esp name to REGS - Resources.esm, I kept the same formIDs that are used by Nernie's mod, so it doesn't require anything else than that.

Was wondering about this. How do you compile the edited .psc file to a .pex file? I edited the .psc using Notepad++

I googled, but there seems to be a few ways; im not sure which is best. Would rather avoid the CK.

Was wondering about this. How do you compile the edited .psc file to a .pex file? I edited the .psc using Notepad++

I googled, but there seems to be a few ways; im not sure which is best. Would rather avoid the CK.

I used this tutorial to set it up via Notepad++ (CK is way too prone to crash for me)

• +1 1

Haha I thought that all by myself :D I had only Amber Hall in my list anyway, I tested Laintar Dale and Granite Hall before and Laintar Dale made my game lag quite a bit. Maybe I have too many immersion mods but exploring is my absolute favourite thing to do in Skyrim. I tend to head for a quest in X place and end in the other part of the map because I keep going and going after any grey icon that appears on my screen.

Also, I'm not really tech savvy, I just read carefully every instruction I can find, and try to avoid the shinies that would make my laptop explode... These are my stats:

Acer TravelMate 7740G

i3-330M processor 2.13GHz 3MB L3 cache

8 GB DDR3 Memory

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Up to 2234MB HyperMemory

Avoiding any big overhaul mod, like Immersive Settlements, Expanded Cities, etc etc my game runs quite smoothly. How in the range between total failure and sweet and swift is my machine, mod speaking?

Also, sorry for my english, is not my first language, but I'm trying to improve

Haha I thought that all by myself :D I had only Amber Hall in my list anyway, I tested Laintar Dale and Granite Hall before and Laintar Dale made my game lag quite a bit. Maybe I have too many immersion mods but exploring is my absolute favourite thing to do in Skyrim. I tend to head for a quest in X place and end in the other part of the map because I keep going and going after any grey icon that appears on my screen.

Also, I'm not really tech savvy, I just read carefully every instruction I can find, and try to avoid the shinies that would make my laptop explode... These are my stats:

Acer TravelMate 7740G

i3-330M processor 2.13GHz 3MB L3 cache

8 GB DDR3 Memory

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Up to 2234MB HyperMemory

Avoiding any big overhaul mod, like Immersive Settlements, Expanded Cities, etc etc my game runs quite smoothly. How in the range between total failure and sweet and swift is my machine, mod speaking?

Vernim Wood conflicts with Inns and Taverns

Granite Hall conflicts with the mod of the same name (durr)

Heralchen Creek conflicts with Realistic Room Rental and No snow under the Roof

The others seem fine. I can't really check each and every one of them in the CK to see what changes.

As for your rig, I don't really keep up with laptop specs so I can't judge...

Concerning ETaC though, you might want to try the modular version that's on the nexus page. Just avoid installing Riverwood/Falkreath if you have SMIM's fences and farmhouses (in fact, with a laptop, it probably would be not to use SMIM's fences and farmhouses at all). And whatever you do, DO NOT install ETaC - Dawnstar, that'll kill your performance in an instant with the current versions of ETaC D:!

Vernim Wood conflicts with Inns and Taverns

Granite Hall conflicts with the mod of the same name (durr)

Heralchen Creek conflicts with Realistic Room Rental and No snow under the Roof

The others seem fine. I can't really check each and every one of them in the CK to see what changes.

As for your rig, I don't really keep up with laptop specs so I can't judge...

Concerning ETaC though, you might want to try the modular version that's on the nexus page. Just avoid installing Riverwood/Falkreath if you have SMIM's fences and farmhouses (in fact, with a laptop, it probably would be not to use SMIM's fences and farmhouses at all). And whatever you do, DO NOT install ETaC - Dawnstar, that'll kill your performance in an instant with the current versions of ETaC D:!

Awww thank you for checking. Now I have to think what to do, as I use Inns and taverns. I haven't dared to use SMIM in fear of my laptop spontaneously bursting. I haven't installed ETaC either, for the same reasons :( Thank you for checking the mod, if I decide to try it I'll be back to tell if there's any other weirdness to report. I'll keep checking the mods you add! :D

This is probably a stupid question, but is Riften NavFull/NavLite mergable with other REG patches.

Edited: Never mind. After merged it along with others, I checked it for the error and the list of errors came up. (Even without Riften NavFull, the list of errors still came up regardless. Several errors with "Temporary Children of Whiterun" and  one with Cell Persistent Children of SSewersSolitude03). FYI, I didn't use the renumber feature in merge script.

Edited by Dakkon