A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Oh? I got a lot of errors right after merged it with others and checked it out for the errors. Is it normal to have some errors or? Here's the list of REGS/ETaC patches I used in merged patch.

Merged Plugin:   REGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp  ETaC - Complete LoS Patch.esp  ETaC - BFT Patch.esp  REGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.esp  REGS Patch - 3DNPC.esp  REGS Patch - CRF.esp  REGS Patch - ORS.esp  REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp

Sorry for not being clear. T5E didn't throw any error when I merged them. I used "Check for Error" right after merged the patch (and closed T5E to load the merged patch up), and I got the list of errors (no references from esps as far as I can see).

And yep, I installed the latest versions of the patches (3.3.1 and 3.3) and mods. I even tried renumber feature and still got errors (Check for Error-wise).

Edited: Here's the link of the list of errors from merged REGS-ETaC patches (via Check For Errors feature).

Edited by Dakkon

First of all I wanted to say thanks for this Pack and all the hard work you folks are putting into making it work.  It all looks fantastic and I had a blast tooling around looking at things in a clean installation using just this pack. However I'm looking to make it part of my regular preferred list of mods and so I do have a couple of questions. Forgive me if they seem foolish but there are some things I just can't wrap my head around.

1) You mentioned earlier that getting iNeed to work with this pack would require editing the script 'sndlcquestscript.psc' (mentioned by Mr Filipenko) by using Notepad++. I'm curious as to how I would do this since using the STEP Core leads me to install everything through the Mod Organizer and I'm not sure how I can access said script for editing. I think it's in the iNeed bsa file? How do I access it?

2) I'm a big fan of T3ndo's Skyrim Redone. I use it primarily for its perk overhaul and the Enemy AI, Enemy Scaling and Combat Modules. I've just about got a handle on making SkyRe work with Immersive Armors, aMidianBorn's Book of Silence and the Complete Crafting Overhaul (as well as a few other bits and pieces here and there). I was just wondering if you knew of any specific mods in this pack that I would need to be especially wary of or that would need extra care concering compatibility with SkyRe?

Thanks again for all the hard work you folks are putting into this.

Unresolved reference errors very likely means that the relevant masters were not in the plugins' header. 

If they were there in the header, TES5Edit would automatically load them along with the patches that list those masters, and so you'd have the correct references to the FormIDs.

Possibly related to this, I have noticed that there's a problem with bringing records with injected records into a patch plugin. The original source of those injected records won't be automatically added to the patch as a master, and this definitely will lead to problems if you are trying to merge that patch with other plugins. The correct source plugin for those injected records needs to be manually added to the patch plugin.

I've seen this happen with patch plugins for WAF & other mods, and you can see the injected records references showing up in italicized text in TES5Edit. As soon as you add the correct plugin as a master in your patch plugin, then the text changes to normal (non-italic) text.

That's the problem, good city mods are rare on the nexus, and inexistent on the workshop. All I can find are mods that add a hundred trees or fill the city with clipping items :|

i've used about all whiterun mods and my 2 fave are these. both are great. brimming w/ creativity and originality. but w/ problems lol...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30046/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D30046%26preview%3D&pUp=1

my fave^, but has some navmesh problems and a hefty fps hit. of course there probably are some conflicts w/ my stuff. haven't tested extensively. definitely could use ELFX patch.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36390/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D36390%26preview%3D&pUp=1

makes wonderful use of vertical housing up the cliffs. but strangely there's quite a few homes right in the middle of the big middle wall.

love'em both. wish they'd get mixed matched and fixed

1) You mentioned earlier that getting iNeed to work with this pack would require editing the script 'sndlcquestscript.psc' (mentioned by Mr Filipenko) by using Notepad++. I'm curious as to how I would do this since using the STEP Core leads me to install everything through the Mod Organizer and I'm not sure how I can access said script for editing. I think it's in the iNeed bsa file? How do I access it? 2) I'm a big fan of T3ndo's Skyrim Redone. I use it primarily for its perk overhaul and the Enemy AI, Enemy Scaling and Combat Modules. I've just about got a handle on making SkyRe work with Immersive Armors, aMidianBorn's Book of Silence and the Complete Crafting Overhaul (as well as a few other bits and pieces here and there). I was just wondering if you knew of any specific mods in this pack that I would need to be especially wary of or that would need extra care concering compatibility with SkyRe?

1/- Actually, there's an easier way to do this without tinkering with scripts that I thought of after: Rename "REGS - Resources.esm" to "NerniesCityandVillageExpansion.esp", and use Wrye Bash to update that change in the REGS - Cities.esp masters list.

2/- Reproccer should handle everything as long as you have the BUM rules set up correctly and follow the instructions for the immersive college of Winterhold.

Yep, according to T5E and Wrye, all the patches are loaded after their masters. I'm not sure why I get these errors while there isn't any error in your merged file. It baffled me.

Thanks for the merged file though!

I meant have all the patches after the last master file for all the patches, like this: https://puu.sh/81B6Q.png

*Whiterun mods*
I used More Whiterun but the houses in the cloud district seem really out of place. As for Better Cities, not even considering that one, it changes way too much stuff and as you said, the amount of clutter combined with the lack of occlusion planes makes the thing halve my FPS.

Will see if I can change some stuff in More Whiterun, since the author is giving permission to patch and modify at will.

1) You mentioned earlier that getting iNeed to work with this pack would require editing the script 'sndlcquestscript.psc' (mentioned by Mr Filipenko) by using Notepad++. I'm curious as to how I would do this since using the STEP Core leads me to install everything through the Mod Organizer and I'm not sure how I can access said script for editing. I think it's in the iNeed bsa file? How do I access it?

Hey - I've already looked into doing this, and it turns out it's quite a bit more complicated than it seems.

The problem is that the _sndlcquestscript has dependencies on other scripts from iNeeds and elsewhere.

I opened up iNeed's .bsa archive using the BSA Browser utility, and extracted all of the mod's script source files.

Even with those available, I still got errors when trying to compile a modified version of _sndlcquestscript in which I replaced "NerniesCityandVillageExpansion.esp" with "REGS - Resources.esm" in the the script's source text of its routine to add Nernie's food items for compatibility.

So, I have decided to try something different. I've made a "fake" NerniesCityandVillageExpansion.esp plugin into which I copied all of the Nernie's food item records out of CJ's REGS - Resources.esm. So, iNeed's script will see the Nernie's plugin as being there, and find the food item records to add to it's list of things that can "stop" your hunger.

Luckily, I'm not near the limit of plugins, but I suppose you could add those food item records to another patch and then rename it to "NerniesCityandVillageExpansion.esp" to employ the same trick.

Perhaps a better way to retain compatibility here, CJ, is to break NerniesCityandVillageExpansion.esp plugin back out of the REGS - Resources master, or make an option for installing Nernie's merged or not. But I don't know how many people are actually using iNeeds.

EDIT: Ninja'd by CJ - so now you have two suggestions on how to get iNeeds compatibility!

Edited by keithinhanoi

Actually the better way to retain compatibility would be to ask isoku if he could include REGS - Resources in his mod, considering it uses the same formIDs as Nernie's (so it would basically be a matter of copy pasting that part of the code and changing the esp)

But I can't seem to be able to send him any PM, so yeah... :/

I meant have all the patches after the last master file for all the patches, like this: https://puu.sh/81B6Q.png

Here's mine. There are only difference between yours and mine: load order, Falskaar.esm and Better Dynamic Snow.esp. I loaded all of the patches and T5E didn't load these specific said masters. I'm going to load the said masters manually to see how it goes. Edited: No change. I still have these errors in merged patches. This is really strange. :-/

Unresolved reference errors very likely means that the relevant masters were not in the plugins' header. 

If they were there in the header, TES5Edit would automatically load them along with the patches that list those masters, and so you'd have the correct references to the FormIDs.

Possibly related to this, I have noticed that there's a problem with bringing records with injected records into a patch plugin. The original source of those injected records won't be automatically added to the patch as a master, and this definitely will lead to problems if you are trying to merge that patch with other plugins. The correct source plugin for those injected records needs to be manually added to the patch plugin.

I've seen this happen with patch plugins for WAF & other mods, and you can see the injected records references showing up in italicized text in TES5Edit. As soon as you add the correct plugin as a master in your patch plugin, then the text changes to normal (non-italic) text.

Ah, I learned something new today! I'll look into that one. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Dakkon

Nope, sadly it's not compatible, although I suppose you could edit said script and change the esp name to REGS - Resources.esm, I kept the same formIDs that are used by Nernie's mod, so it doesn't require anything else than that.

By not compatible, do you mean certain foods added by Nernie's won't affect hunger? Or will iNeed just stop functioning correctly overall.. because I can probably live with certain food items not being compatible.