Skyrim Coin Replacer Redux

stoppingby4now

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Should Skyrim Coin Replacer be a part of STEP?  According to recent comments, it needs a lot of editing/fixing.  I just thought it would be worth revisiting it as a "STEP-approved" mod....

view comments --> https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/558701-skyrim-coin-replacer/page-13

Maybe dungeon treasure - dwemer and ancient nord coins would be a good alternative???

The author of this mod has agreed to give me the reigns. Therefore expect some fixes' date=' etc. Soon.[/quote']

Neo, where are you with this?

Should Skyrim Coin Replacer be a part of STEP?  According to recent comments' date=' it needs a lot of editing/fixing.  I just thought it would be worth revisiting it as a "STEP-approved" mod....

view comments --> https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/558701-skyrim-coin-replacer/page-13

Maybe dungeon treasure - dwemer and ancient nord coins would be a good alternative???[/quote']

Sounds like a candidate for being dropped...pending the other admin input and what Neo is doing with this mod.

I've done some work on it. Cleaned the ESP' date=' got rid of the weight script, lowered the value of the other currency types to 3 and 5 respectively. I need to take a closer look at the leveled lists but I can publish this as a quick fix if we need it soon-ish.[/quote']

+1

I think a lot of people would be happy with an intermediate updated until the final product is finished.

• 3 weeks later...

Came here to ask the same question. Reading through the comments at Nexus, it appears this mod is severely outdated and also that the author did not actually finish the mod. According to one comment, some parts of the mods even need removal and quite heavy adjustments through TES5Edit.

After reading the quote, would you say the mod is at least safe to use?

took me a couple hours but ill see if i can put it in a nutshell.

run it through tesvedit...clean up the itm's and undeleted references....about 100 are in total (thats a lot of errors wow!

after cleaning delete the quest...its worthless. then delete the armor coin tokens..(why he made this is beyond me) it only severs to add weight to coins which nobody wanted anyway. delete the scripts...none of them are necessary from what i could tell...ive been running this for hours with no problems.

change the sell value of the coins to 2 (nord) and 5 (dwemer) so the mod isn't such an exploit. Add keywords to the coins specifically vendoritemweapon, vendoritemarmor, vendoritemfood, vendoritemclothes, and vendoritemjewelry. so you can sell these to other merchants.

check the leveled list for the coin distributions and fix the nord ones...the author didnt complete them. just copy the alues form the septims equivilant. after making the dwemer and nord lists the same go back through and cut the values in half for nord, and 1/4th for dwemer....this will make the coin drops of these 'rare' coins much lower amounts and again make this mod less of an exploit...and you dont want a massive stack of coins that vendors will never be able to buy all of them from you.

Finally replace the falmerdeathitem leveled lists with dwemer coins instead of septims.....these fixes even hold up for the dlc as the dlc uses vanilla leveled lists.

I think thats the bulk of what i had to do.