Community Fixes Merged (by The Community)

DoubleYou

Discussion topic:
Community Fixes Merged by The Community
Wiki Link

This will take a considerable amount of deep diving potentially to ensure we want these changes. Some of the mods included are already in the guide, but appears to include some of the ones that were considered but then not included after testing:

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that the author has deleted their account, so I don't really want to have to work on trying to use this anymore, seeing as it won't be supported, and I feel a mod like this requires ongoing updates to remain relevant, especially once the Fallout 4 update comes out in the, hopefully, near future.

• 3 months later...

I just finished running through the STEP FO4 Guide and everything is working beautifully (thanks to the easy to follow and thorough guide!). Threw Sim Settlements on top, which was easy enough.

This morning I stumbled across this other fairly popular guide for a "stable vanilla plus experience" called The Midnight Ride. While I don't care about most of what's in there, I am curious about the Fixes section. It seems much more extensive than what is recommended by STEP

Questions:

1. Is there a reason that many of these fixes were not included? (Redundancy, performance, depreciation, etc)

2. If not, will any of them be considered for inclusion?

3. Is it safe for me to drop the fixes,  that aren't already part of the step guide, into my game? Particularly looking at Community Fixes Merged, which looks to be a compilation of a ton of individual fixes (not included in UFO4P)

Link: https://themidnightride.moddinglinked.com/bugfix.html

Edited by Terrorfox1234
Grammar, clarity

50 minutes ago, Terrorfox1234 said:

I just finished running through the STEP FO4 Guide and everything is working beautifully (thanks to the easy to follow and thorough guide!). Threw Sim Settlements on top, which was easy enough.

This morning I stumbled across this other fairly popular guide for a "stable vanilla plus experience" called The Midnight Ride. While I don't care about most of what's in there, I am curious about the Fixes section. It seems much more extensive than what is recommended by STEP

Questions:

1. Is there a reason that many of these fixes were not included? (Redundancy, performance, depreciation, etc)

2. If not, will any of them be considered for inclusion?

3. Is it safe for me to drop the fixes,  that aren't already part of the step guide, into my game? Particularly looking at Community Fixes Merged, which looks to be a compilation of a ton of individual fixes (not included in UFO4P)

Link: https://themidnightride.moddinglinked.com/bugfix.html

Moved post to the mod topic that exists.

See the OP.

Probably my biggest gripe with such a big bugfix compilation is it often creates the need for patches that otherwise could be solved by simple load order adjustments. Also, the tendency is there for the mod to suffer from scope creep. I generally prefer if fixes are given over to the Unofficial Patch team to solve wherever possible.

At anyrate, it appears that this mod is now being maintained again by Ungeziefi, so it may be worth looking into after the upcoming Modpocalypse in a few days.

22 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Probably my biggest gripe with such a big bugfix compilation is it often creates the need for patches that otherwise could be solved by simple load order adjustments. Also, the tendency is there for the mod to suffer from scope creep. I generally prefer if fixes are given over to the Unofficial Patch team to solve wherever possible.

At anyrate, it appears that this mod is now being maintained again by Ungeziefi, so it may be worth looking into after the upcoming Modpocalypse in a few days.

Makes complete sense, when put in that light. Thanks for the reply and future consideration.