Fallout 4?

I admit that I just can't get all that excited about Fallout; it's just not my thing.  However, having said that, some of the features they've built into the game look pretty awesome.  The settlement construction really grabbed my attention.  It looks like they took the idea behind Hearthfire, copied some of Chesko's placement mechanics, and developed it into a fully fleshed out and integrated part of Fallout.  The idea of building and developing multiple settlements and establishing caravans between them sounds like it could be fun.  I also like the idea of being able to break down all those random junk and clutter items into useful crafting components.

All in all, I'm still not sure whether I'm going to bother playing it.  I didn't see anything that makes me think it will come close to competing with Witcher 3 for my, all too limited, play time.  It does look like a great game for those who are into the Fallout series.

I'll probably wait a year or two after its release to pick up the "Ultimate" pack that includes all of the DLCs for a low price.  lol

Seeing the history of Skyrim, I was thinking about as many patches as possible myself :P

I am almost decided to buy it after seeing the footage from the... what was it, E3?, though.

Edited by Octopuss

I mean games like Little Big Planet and Halo have had some kind of modding for a long time with map sharing. Now that everything is built on the same hardware architecture it's probably easy to convert stuff over. 

The big benefit will be the extra modders that part in community, the bane will be the new headache of crashing your game over and over on Xbone. 

Multiplatform mods are going to be great assuming that they don't charge for the things.

Anyway, game looks incredible.  The weapon customization is insane and the Post-Apoc Hearthfire is pretty sweet, my only fear is that the classic Skill system will be gone in favor of some sort of skyrim-esque skill tree.

Also wish Obsidian was doing the story for Fallout 4, but it still looks sweet.  I took a week off of work for Fallout 3 and I'll do the same for this game, I can see getting immersed in the game for hours and hours.

Also pretty cool that Bethesda is taking notes from Modders - from the color scheme (no green filter!) to the power armor system and whatnot.  All good stuff so far.

For all you 'not-so-impressed-with-Fallout' gamers, you also get Fallout3 when you purchase Fallout4, according to the XBox E3 event. So dip your toes in the rich Fallout universe based on the guides here and once you're hooked, step up into the latest edition.