Project Parallax Remastered (by Osmodius)

Neovalen

I don't see anything weird' date=' and you know what? I probably shouldn't try to find it :D[/quote']

Honestly, I can see Squiggly lines in some of the rocks even without PPR activated. Must just be Vanilla textures. Like I said, not even really noticeable. If you look hard you see what I mean. It's one of those "once you see it...you can't unsee it" kind of things. 

Well first off let me say that Project Parallax Remastered is the combined version of all my other parallax mods, and I also went through and remastered the parallax maps, hence the name. The gray cubes disable the parallax effect for some of those textures from the original parallax mods because they are either unecessary or were not functional with the early ENB parallax shaders. The reason I used the gray cubes instead of going through the meshes and toggling the shader flags is purely to save a crap load of time and frustration, it already took me 60+ hours to handpaint all the remastered parallax maps for the vanilla version alone.

• 4 weeks later...

Is running just ENBoost setup as described in the STEP guide enough to gain the effects/benefits of these textures?  Or are there additional ENB settings that would need to be turned on?

My enblocal.ini is set up as follows:

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=RCRN_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

UseDefferedRendering=true

IgnoreCreationKit=true

ForceFakeVideocard=false

[PERFORMANCE]

SpeedHack=true

EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]

ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false

VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=256

VideoMemorySizeMb=

EnableCompression=true

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

[WINDOW]

ForceBorderless=false

ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true

MaxAnisotropy=16

AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

EnableVSync=true

VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]

WaitBusyRenderer=false

EnableFPSLimit=false

FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]

//shift

KeyCombination=16

//f12

KeyUseEffect=123

//home

KeyFPSLimit=36

//num /       106

KeyShowFPS=106

//print screen

KeyScreenshot=44

//enter

KeyEditor=13

//f4

KeyFreeVRAM=115

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]

Enable=false

Quality=1

DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]

EnableEdgeAA=false

EnableTemporalAA=false

EnableSubPixelAA=false

EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]

FixGameBugs=true

FixParallaxBugs=true

FixAliasedTextures=true

IgnoreLoadingScreen=true

IgnoreInventory=true

FixSsaoHairTransparency=true

FixTintGamma=true

RemoveBlur=false

FixSubSurfaceScattering=true

FixSkyReflection=true

FixCursorVisibility=true

• 5 months later...

Where should I put this in my install order if I want to add it to step extended?  Any tips for adding it in?  Reading some of the comments on the mod page it also seems like enboost and parralax have problems running at the same time?

Edited by bern43

• 6 months later...

I asked this question on nexus forums too but maybe someone here can help me.

Parallax isn't working for me at all. The stones on roads look stretched and walls look flat with blurry moss. Is there a setting that has to be enabled for parallax to work? 

I use Tamriel reloaded and installed the correct version, but this happens even if i have no parallax mods installed.

I asked this question on nexus forums too but maybe someone here can help me.

Parallax isn't working for me at all. The stones on roads look stretched and walls look flat with blurry moss. Is there a setting that has to be enabled for parallax to work? 

I use Tamriel reloaded and installed the correct version, but this happens even if i have no parallax mods installed.

You need to be using an ENB and have the following under the [FIX] section of your enblocal.ini

FixParallaxBugs=true

• +1 1

I checked that before.. also set fixparallaxterrain=true 

Right now I'm getting fresh install from steam because if that doesn't solve the problem then it's something unrelated to skyrim.

Edited by hellwisp

Got a fresh install. Installed ENB and Changed the enblocal.ini 

This is what the game looks like on Ultra settings with only Project Parallax Remastered (Not that it matters because it doesn't work)

That's in and out of Windhelm

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404051602

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404051394

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404051488

Edited by hellwisp

• 9 months later...

You need to be using an ENB and have the following under the [FIX] section of your enblocal.ini

FixParallaxBugs=true

I've yet to figure out a complete enough mod order to run with proper parallax turned on. Invariably some texture designed for buggy vanilla parallax remains and these just look awful (squiggly lines or overly pitted or just weird distortions). It doesn't matter how great the rest of the world looks, when I come across one of these it just ruins it for me.

This is truly going to take a mod or mods that replace (or at least review) every single texture in the game before it's usable for me.

Also, the quality of the new parallax textures is real hit and miss with all the current mods. PPR has some great textures and some terrible ones. Same for the Vivid series. PPR also completely replaces the look of some vanilla textures as opposed to just being higher res, proper parallax; one particularly bad case is the fort texture being swapped from a generic rocky surface to one that looks like stone blocks, except at least one fort structure in Helgen the "blocks" looked like they were stacked at a 45 degree angle on a doorway arch so it looked doubly wrong.

TL;DR - YMMV, but the texture packs aren't quite there yet for me