Project Parallax Remastered (by Osmodius)

Neovalen

• 4 months later...
So if I use SRO' date=' this mod would make it look more 3D? Do I understand it correctly? There are some textures in SRO version of it, and they are 512x. Is that a problem or something, when the SRO I use is 2048x?[/quote']

I use SRO and the SRO version of this mod. I never checked the file sizes but it seems to do what you just described, yea. Not sure about the 512x textures. I haven't noticed a decrease in quality in-game for the SRO textures. You seem to know more than me so let me know if this is a problem. BTW, I load PPR AFTER SRO. 

I don't know anything about it, just trying to read up on the parallax subject, because I was told the implementation in the game was bugged.

If anyone is using the latest (246?) version of ENB and has configuration file with just Parallax stuff enable, feel free to share it. I really don't want any additional effects.

I don't know anything about it, just trying to read up on the parallax subject, because I was told the implementation in the game was bugged.

If anyone is using the latest (246?) version of ENB and has configuration file with just Parallax stuff enable, feel free to share it. I really don't want any additional effects.

Can you expand on that? What do you mean the implementation system is bugged? And for the record, I'm using 0.245. 

This post.

Oh ok. I see what you're saying. Yes, basically if you use mods with Parallax (Real Ice EXCLUDE), then you need to use a recent copy of ENB since it fixes a lot of the Parallax bugs that Vanilla won't be able to fix, right? So that's why Parallax is never recommended for S.T.E.P. since S.T.E.P. doesn't use ENB. Fortunately, when looking at the Vivid Landscape mod, it offers a patch for non-ENB users. Either it uses a different form of Parallax or just removes the Parallax textures from the mod. 

Vanilla meshes do support parallax as it is ... there are just some errors in the code which can make it look sort of buggy.

Easiest way to see it is to take enb then try to switch enable effects on and off while looking at a model with parallax enabled.. you can clearly see the shifting.

It seems like half or more of the textures in Project Parallax- Remastered are just small, flat grey cubes with no parallax applied to them, even though he went through the trouble of flagging it on all of the meshes. It seems like it's still very much a work in progress.

I wish I had a tool that could define some pre-existing conversion settings and then churn through the assets folder automatically generating _p files for whichever textures are currently in use. Since most of these are likely just generated programmatically from a program like Crazy Bump (probably even with the same settings used texture after texture) that should be pretty easy to do.

That said, I call "Not it!" but you feel sufficiently inspired to do my bidding and make this happen for me. Please? :)

Also, btw, if you're not aware, there is a bug with the PPR ELFX Patch (only required if you use ELFX EXTERIORS). NEO's SR:LE guide points it out so check that out so you can avoid the bug. It's just one mesh file in Markarth that's messed up. Neo and myself both pointed this out to the PPR author but he just ignored us and said that the file was fine (laziness on his part honestly).

It seems like half or more of the textures in Project Parallax- Remastered are just small, flat grey cubes with no parallax applied to them, even though he went through the trouble of flagging it on all of the meshes. It seems like it's still very much a work in progress.

I wish I had a tool that could define some pre-existing conversion settings and then churn through the assets folder automatically generating _p files for whichever textures are currently in use. Since most of these are likely just generated programmatically from a program like Crazy Bump (probably even with the same settings used texture after texture) that should be pretty easy to do.

That said, I call "Not it!" but you feel sufficiently inspired to do my bidding and make this happen for me. Please? :)

I wonder what's the purpose of the textures then.

The gif on the mod's page sure looks pretty good:

Posted Image

Some of the imperfections are because some of the textures in the packs for SRO, TPC, HD2K etc are still made with the vanilla texture in mind. I may be mistaken but I believe the TPC, SRO and Vanilla PPR packs are almost identical; I found one or two textures in the HD2K pack that varied from the other pack. They're pretty easy to find with Mod Organizer's new preview feature. Open up the Data tab and wherever you see a _p texture from one of the PPR packs, compare its preview to the diffuse and normal texture. Where the parallax texture was filled out, I went through and hid .dds and _n.dds files until what I had a match, because I'd rather use a HRDLC texture with correct parallax than a slightly better texture without it, or with distorted parallax