Project Parallax Remastered (by Osmodius)

Neovalen

It wasn't meant literally, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would also be very much interested in parallaxed STEP. Overall Vivid Landscapes enhance the texture quality by a lot, textures lacking 2k definition and parallax mapping really stand out. I didn't run into mismatches yet but I probably didn't look around far enough.

It wasn't meant literally, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would also be very much interested in parallaxed STEP. Overall Vivid Landscapes enhance the texture quality by a lot, textures lacking 2k definition and parallax mapping really stand out. I didn't run into mismatches yet but I probably didn't look around far enough.

Vivid Landscapes (non-parallax) was in our review when redoing the landscaping with SRO's dropping from the Guide. It was almost always at the bottom of the list for compares because it changes the landscape entirely too far away from vanilla.

Vivid Landscapes (non-parallax) was in our review when redoing the landscaping with SRO's dropping from the Guide. It was almost always at the bottom of the list for compares because it changes the landscape entirely too far away from vanilla.

I thought STEP parallax was out of the question anyway because of the overhead ENB FixParallaxBugs=true produces.

Maybe a pack for high fidelity work that has more freedom to be vanilla unfriendly would be nice.

I thought STEP parallax was out of the question anyway because of the overhead ENB FixParallaxBugs=true produces.

Maybe a pack for high fidelity work that has more freedom to be vanilla unfriendly would be nice.

You could always try SR:LE... :)
  • +1 1

@Neo - Insert shameless plug... :)

@Spock - I know you weren't being literal, but I like to do things like that from time to time... a little imp comes out and demands it.

As for the parallax thing, I've tried it from time to time over the past few years, and I've honestly never really seen any difference. There must be, for so many to harp on it, so maybe I'm just looking for the wrong things.

You could always try SR:LE... :)

I already draw inspiration from your list for my texture mod selection. There might be some things that could enhance it though. Pfusher's work for example, or High Definition LODs. I would assume there is no terrain parallax because there are no Solstheim landscape textures for it?

As for the parallax thing, I've tried it from time to time over the past few years, and I've honestly never really seen any difference. There must be, for so many to harp on it, so maybe I'm just looking for the wrong things.

The effect should be subtle but usually visible. Try rocky walls and change the angle, the parallax map should give more illusion of depth. Aside from obvious uses like brick walls, this helps high definition textures (2k) because your eye won't notice the high fidelity texture sticking on a simple mesh as easily.