Bigger and Boulder - Mountain and Wet Rock Customization (by SparrowPrince)

hey z929669

Hehe,yes I am the author ;)

I have incorporated "No-stretching-meshes" and newest "Smim-meshes", they may not always be recognizable, on some of them I edited the UV-map heavily to allow parallax.

Parallax effect itself is not bound to ENB, all my mods are working also with Vanilla graphics.

For Rocking Stones I do provide a Non-ENB - VanillaEngine patch (unfortunately some meshes aren't working without ENB, so it's needed).

Btw:

hey SparrowPrince!

nice to see you here :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... What about the resolution on the others? It's going to bother me until I do it, other locations of course but still...

I'm going to get in game with my Vanilla profile and scout the locations that way while I'm waiting on your response that way things are as unbiased as possible.

Hmm... What about the resolution on the others? It's going to bother me until I do it, other locations of course but still...

I'm going to get in game with my Vanilla profile and scout the locations that way while I'm waiting on your response that way things are as unbiased as possible.

Please use the saves I created. Mine are clean saves based on a clean character, and my saves represent 7 locations in different regions of Skyrim, capturing the various landscapes. This way we have a direct compare.

Savegames are linked in the OP

All 2k versions and all gray where applicable. You should just show your light gray version of 2k Superior, as that is what you claimed was "messed up". Otherwise, you are really just reinventing the wheel here.

My bet is that your screen of Superior Rocks 2k light gray against a Core background using the saves I provided will yield exactly the same result as the OP (using ultra INI settings).

If you supply one or two screens of that (PNG format), we can confirm that there is not need for you to keep going on this mod compare (as there are plenty others we need)

Your screenshots are darker than mine are you sure your setting are ultra and that you aren't using your modified files from the LOD mods and such? They look almost the same but something is off the contrast in yours is different or something.

I am testing against the proposed core background ... see the MT restricted thread for details

I went ahead and further examined the other install options for RS&M, and it looks like all meshes are the same as the ones I had used in the original compare (at least with respect to stretching if not parallax).

OK, here is the problem (and I hope that someone else at least acknowledges that this is indeed a problem o_O )

Left image is RS&M Classic Gray with its own meshes ... wow, look at that stretched and unwieldy textures!

Right image is same but with No Stretching & SMIM meshes ... FIXED!

Posted ImagePosted Image

I'll say it again: Unless we overwrite the RS&M meshes with those from No Stretching and SMIM, the mountain textures are a backslide to the unfixed vanilla meshes. This is a problem.

Anyone disagree with my assessment?

I'm also a fan of Rocking Stones. B&B I think looks good in certain scenes (particularly up close) but' date=' as was mentioned, it does seem to make the whole landscape appear volcanic, which doesn't seem quite right to me.[/quote']

It's perhaps my taste. To be honest, realism always comes second over style for me. I do think though that more choice is always the best thing out, so having many options (realistic or not) is the way to go. So then, I'm currently making a smooth rock version with lighter values and a cracked rock style overlay. I have had a look at some other rock sets mentioned here like AOF, and while I liked it, I was disappointed that it used an upscaled vanilla texture with a detail overlay. No wonder you guys prefer it, it's basically vanilla. ;)

Better crack on. Hey!? Get it. No, me neither.

I give up Zed I've been over your BAIN package list and I cannot figure out why your mountains look so sharp compared to mine. Your resolution is higher (with a different aspect) and that might just be it but it seems like more than that.  If I figure it out I'll post the screens if not well I won't bother because they won't match up right.

I give up Zed I've been over your BAIN package list and I cannot figure out why your mountains look so sharp compared to mine. Your resolution is higher (with a different aspect) and that might just be it but it seems like more than that.  If I figure it out I'll post the screens if not well I won't bother because they won't match up right.

I'm just dying to see your screens, period. Otherwise, I just don't believe a word of this nonsense ;)

I guess my change didn't commit. I had edited the post above to read.

phazer11 Wrote                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I give up Zed I've been over your BAIN package list and I cannot figure out why your mountains look so sharp compared to mine, the only files that are any different are the Distant Terrain and Tree LOD files and that should have absolutely no affect on how sharp the close up mountain looks. Your resolution is higher (with a different aspect) and that might just be it but it seems like more than that.  If I figure it out I'll post the screens if not well I won't bother because they won't match up right.

I'll pm the link to the gallery Zed.