Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures (by skyrimaguas)

FCqt

The only person who I know works with this sort of stuff actively is nuska, though she is a busy fellow. Maybe one of the body mod authors can work on improving the vanilla hairs. Still, will PM nuska and see if she is interested. I've asked her to refer me to any other authors that might be interested in such a mod.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new version making the hair look rougher. Is that better for step core?

The third option has clearly won the vote so I think it would be enough to simply compare the winner with the new rough optional. Looking at the images on the author's page it does look better suited to vanilla. I'm planning on doing some compares later this evening so maybe I'll grab this one and do it as well.

Makes sense. For he issue is that I think the less saturated version is better for some types (principally gray hair and maybe some others) but I like the saturated version for blondes, etc. - so I waffle back and forth. I'm not a fan of the new rough version but it makes sense to test it against the current winner/choice. (Or maybe just say the mod as a whole wins and tell people the pluses and minuses of each option - it's not like the options affect other mod choices down the road - it's purely cosmetic AFAIK.)

I tried this mod in game before and I must say I did not like it. I couldn't get hair colour right (using RaceMenu) and there is just something about these meshes that makes them look bad to me. I can't really say what it is, but they simply don't appeal to me. Therefore AOF would be my choice.

SLFH looks waaaay too fake, IMO. It's like every character has just stepped out of a shower, added some gel, carefully sculpted their hair with a fine comb and let it dry into a bullet-proof helmet.

Even AOF does this somewhat, but at least that mod adds a few strays into the mix.

Based on this very-good comparison, I think that each of the modified versions does significant discredit to the original vanilla style (which looks much more realistic and thoughtful). I will NEVER use another hair mod, TYVM.

After taking some time and really looking at the hairs, I have to agree with Roots and Z. Don't get me wrong, I really really like the new Rough version of this mod. It's much closer to vanilla than the other options; however, as many have already said it's too "salon". AOF will be getting my vote as well.

If discussion continues to be fruitful, I'll open up the poll early.

Better Vanilla Hairs (meshes) is being tested in it's own thread; however, only 5 hairs are covered that I'm aware of. 3 for women and 2 for men. I've contacted to author to see where his stance is with the mod since it hasn't been updated since Jan. No response yet.

You can see my example of what it does for this mod here: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2569&pid=45037#pid45037

It's better, but still "salon".

Anyways, this is off topic for this thread. Any discussion of Better Vanilla Hairs should be done on its own thread. I'll be posting compares for it as soon as testing for this mod is finalized.

LoL @z929669

I don't think any of them are perfect.

SFLH I think has the most potential but as it is currently half the hairs look like they have some heavy duty gel in them, the rough version less so but it's still present. If the author added more stray hairs, soften out the jaggedness it would look pretty good.

Vanilla doesn't really even look like hair to me, maybe like the end of a mop.

I don't love AOF either, but it looks the most natural so I'd swing for that one.