Masque of Clavicus Vile for Beast Race SE (by Tenkuro09)

z929669

Some quick screens. Using vanilla + USSEP + WACCF (+ ASLAL).

Bare head > Without this mod > With this mod

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

• It looks fine to me but I honestly care very little.
  • The Argonian version doesn't use the same texture for the neck as vanilla.
  • I like the "winglets" on top of the Khajiit version for the cat ears. Nice detail.
  • This is a really niche mod (of a unique item for users who play as a beast race in 3rd-person, may not even encounter it in their playthrough, may never wear it).
  • The game didn't crash and burn, so I guess it's good?
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

That honestly looks horrible to me from the screens. 

I'm With @Mousetick on this one. I never use third person, and I have never evaluated our current version for Argonians, but that neck texture seems wrong. I'll take a look at specific assets as my time allows (very slim on time these days).

Thanks for the screens.

This mod is not a creation, it's just a repackaging of 2 old LE mods ported to SE: Masque of Argonian Vile and Masque of Khajiit. Reporting bugs is not going to change anything, as the original MA is not involved.

You're all reacting like you're discovering Masque of Argonian Vile for the first time. It's been in the STEP SE Guide since the beginning, and it's been in the STEP LE Guide before from way back when. It's had this same different neck texture all along.

Perhaps you should consider dropping the Masque of Argonian Vile mod from the guide, and ignore this one, if you find it's no longer up to the STEP standards. Including such singular, niche mod in the guide is weird - IMHO, similar to Lucien Lachance. I suggested to replace it with this mod so that there would be a Khajiit version too, for consistency and balance of weirdness.

Edited by Mousetick
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mousetick said:

This mod is not a creation, it's just a repackaging of 2 old LE mods ported to SE: Masque of Argonian Vile and Masque of Khajiit. Reporting bugs is not going to change anything, as the original MA is not involved.

You're all reacting like you're discovering Masque of Argonian Vile for the first time. It's been in the STEP SE Guide since the beginning, and it's been in the STEP LE Guide before from way back when. It's had this same different neck texture all along.

Perhaps you should consider dropping the Masque of Argonian Vile mod from the guide, and ignore this one, if you find it's no longer up to the STEP standards. Including such singular, niche mod in the guide is weird - IMHO, similar to Lucien Lachance. I suggested to replace it with this mod so that there would be a Khajiit version too, for consistency and balance of weirdness.

8 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Tbh, this is the first time I have seen this mod in action. I honestly could have sworn I never downloaded it, but Nexus says I did in July of 2020. I definitely have never seen it in game. 

Between these two mods, the textures for the argonian are exactly the same, and the meshes have only a single difference in the base node (the original uses BSDynamicTriShape, and the latest uses BSTriShape). I'll venture to guess that the in-game appearance is identical.

@TechAngel85 probably included this mod to resolve the clipping problem in the 3rd person argonian edge case. Needless to say, even with the not-so-good neck cloth textures, it's probably better than massive clipping for argonian 3rd person. The new one also includes the khajiit, so it;s my preference.

Incidentally, the khajiit textures are much better and actually come from Rustic Clothing (presumably improved over vanilla). The argonian textures are custom (and could use a complete retex more like vanilla/Rustic, IMO).

I vote to drop the former and replace it with this, even though I will never ever see this stuff in game.

• 4 months later...
On 12/3/2023 at 7:29 PM, z929669 said:

I vote to drop the former and replace it with this, even though I will never ever see this stuff in game.

I agree. Best to have one mod that is consistent and covers all player characters.