Masque of Argonian Vile SSE (by bastardsamuraii)

TechAngel85

• 3 years later...

I never paid attention to this mod. I finally learned what it is about: it's a custom model of the Masque of Clavicus Vile for the Argonian race.

There is an alternate and arguably better version of this mod: Masque of Clavicus Vile for Beast Race SE. It includes this mod, and combines it with another mod ported from LE that takes care of the Khajiit race.

• +1 1

5 hours ago, Mousetick said:

I never paid attention to this mod. I finally learned what it is about: it's a custom model of the Masque of Clavicus Vile for the Argonian race.

There is an alternate and arguably better version of this mod: Masque of Clavicus Vile for Beast Race SE. It includes this mod, and combines it with another mod ported from LE that takes care of the Khajiit race.

Good find. I never looked into this either.

Remember though: if you want to test this and use the STEP Conflict resolution patch, you will have to make some edits to the patch:

• load xEdit with at least BOTH masque esp's and the step patch
  • open Masque of Clavicus Vile for Beast Race
  • click on the "armor"section
  • drag&drop the references into the STEP patch
  • in the STEP Patch remove the complete column of Masque of Argonian Vile
  • in the left screen of xEdit, right mouseclick on the STEP Patch and select "Clean Masters"
  • Save (with backup) and Done.

This way you transfer the references from Argonian Vile (which you can now remove/ disable for testing) to the Masque for Beast Races in the STEP patch. If you prefer the Argonian Vile version, reinstall the saved backup of the STEP Patch. Or just reinstall the STEP patch.

Edited by ButchDiavolo
so many typos!

17 hours ago, Mousetick said:

12 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Good find. I never looked into this either.

Remember though: if you want to test this and use the STEP Conflict resolution patch, you will have to make some edits to the patch:

• load xEdit with at least BOTH masque esp's and the step patch
  • open Masque of Clavicus Vile for Beast Race
  • click on the "armor"section
  • drag&drop the references into the STEP patch
  • in the STEP Patch remove the complete column of Masque of Argonian Vile
  • in the left screen of xEdit, right mouseclick on the STEP Patch and select "Clean Masters"
  • Save (with backup) and Done.

This way you transfer the references from Argonian Vile (which you can now remove/ disable for testing) to the Masque for Beast Races in the STEP patch. If you prefer the Argonian Vile version, reinstall the saved backup of the STEP Patch. Or just reinstall the STEP patch.

If you guys are playing with this more inclusive version and can vouch for it, I'd say we should replace this mod with the new combined mod. I think the ESL (ESPFE) optional may be best for this.

Also, I've determined that the record in question is in the Step CR WACCP patch, and it can be removed entirely. Masque of Clavicus Vile for Beast Race SE incorporates all of the WACCP changes for this record (I wonder if this was intentional or not) and is the last to modify this record, so no need to patch it at all. You still must remove the former "Masque of Argonian Vile SSE" master from the the "Step - CR - WACCP Patch" after removing the record ... and don't forget to re-add the "Step - Conflict Resolution Patch" as a master for the "Step - CR - WACCP Patch".

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

If you guys are playing with this more inclusive version and can vouch for it,

I replaced this mod with the combined mod in my load order but have not been playing with or can vouch for either, and probably never will.

These mods are for the very few users who play as a beast race character, typically in 3rd-person view, or who want to make their beast race followers wear the masque, and not look deformed. I have no interest in any of those things.

I'll give the combined one a quick smoke test and post screenshots next time I run the game. Since it's now in my load order, might as well give it a spin.

• Like 3