v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

4 hours ago, Chromana said:

I think the Step ENB - Light Version 2.2.0.ENB.LT.0.5.0 is corrupted. 7zip can't open it locally and Nexus can't preview the files.

Also I'm going to try out that Light version as the Heavy version destroys my framerate around candles (from a solid 80 FPS down to 22FPS)... Hopefully light version will work.

Update: Tried with Milk Drinker and still being hit down to 34 FPS. For reference I'm up on a hill in Solstheim where there's an alter with 10 double candles in a semi-circle. But even in the Alternate Start dungeon looking at the torch on the wall took the framerate down to the 40's. Is there a way just to turn down/off the candle lighting effects? Everywhere else is silky-smooth.

This is on an RTX 2070 with i7-13700k, QHD.

Did you reinstall Embers XD with 'Optimized'?

10 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

The link to Dyndolod DLL NG is an archived version (i am redoing my LODs). Is that supposed to be so?

Yes, it works fine.

10 hours ago, Mousetick said:

It's the experimental 'Large References Bugs Workarounds' version. It's hidden and not publicly available on purpose.

I'd suggest you heed this advice from the linked page if you're redoing LODs for a current game:

This cautionary note/advice was considered, but it works well in our testing, so we're linking to it and using it in 2.2.0. Main reason is because this will almost certainly be the standard sooner or later.

4 hours ago, Chromana said:

I think the Step ENB - Light Version 2.2.0.ENB.LT.0.5.0 is corrupted. 7zip can't open it locally and Nexus can't preview the files.

Also I'm going to try out that Light version as the Heavy version destroys my framerate around candles (from a solid 80 FPS down to 22FPS)... Hopefully light version will work.

Update: Tried with Milk Drinker and still being hit down to 34 FPS. For reference I'm up on a hill in Solstheim where there's an alter with 10 double candles in a semi-circle. But even in the Alternate Start dungeon looking at the torch on the wall took the framerate down to the 40's. Is there a way just to turn down/off the candle lighting effects? Everywhere else is silky-smooth.

This is on an RTX 2070 with i7-13700k, QHD.

This mod is not supported and not in the guide.

2 hours ago, druisiuil said:

@Chromana Try this:

This mod is not supported and not in the guide.

3 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

The update file is still there as a convenience for users of previous versions not having to download one of the main files again, see the main description page of the mod: "If you have version 4.01 already installed then you only need to download and install the 4.02 patch in the update section."

So if you're downloading one of the main files now for the first time, you wouldn't need the update file. STEP instructions might be slightly outdated here.

The instructions are accurate. Doing it this way will work for everyone without including the conditional caveat.

Currently working my way through a fresh 2.2.0 install, and will be writing up a list of anything that seems like it needs fixing. I do have a question though! Working on cleaning the vanilla masters so I can get rolling, and LOOT still advises that Dawnguard have the RiftenRatwayZone XEZM cleaned manually. (The message in LOOT links to here.) Is this necessary? The guide asks to check that "no warnings appear" and this is not technically a warning, so I assume it's unnecessary, but I'd like the clarification. Thanks!

Working on updating to the new guide. Skipping CACO and CCOR this time around. I noticed the Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp included in the new conflict resolution patch still has CCOR and one of the CCOR patches from Kryptopyr's Patch Hub as a master. It also requires the normal aMidanBorn Content Addon version as a master, rather than the non-CCOR "Light" version. Is it safe to just disable the esp?

Screenshot 2023-01-17 234215.png

Some differences from STEP 2.1 I noticed that were not documented or not migrated:

04-Foundation/Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes
    STEP 2.1 had the CACO patch selected, STEP 2.2 does not. There is a note in the screen shot "(covered by Step Patches)", but it is not noted in the 2.2 changelog.

06-Models & Textures/Fixed Mesh Lighting
    STEP 2.1 had a note to hide meshes/plants/floralavender01.nif, STEP 2.2 does not. Has that changed?

08-Character Appearance/Tempered Skins for Males
    STEP 2.1 had additional files to hide:
        textures/actors/character/argonianmale (entire folder)
        textures/actors/character/khajiitmale/khajiitmalehead_s.dds
    Maybe no longer needed due to dropping Coverkhajiits & Forgotten Argonian Roots? It is not noted in the 2.2 changelog.

20-Patches/Kryptopyrs Patch Hub
    STEP 2.1 had "Nordic Jewelry (CC) __ CCOR", it is not in the STEP 2.2 list. Has that changed?

20-Patches/Realistic Boat Bobbing Patch Hub
    STEP 2.1 did not have "Realistic Boat Bobbing - Bring Out Your Dead Patch", STEP 2.2 does. It is not noted in the 2.2 changelog.

8 hours ago, Sithishade said:

Currently working my way through a fresh 2.2.0 install, and will be writing up a list of anything that seems like it needs fixing. I do have a question though! Working on cleaning the vanilla masters so I can get rolling, and LOOT still advises that Dawnguard have the RiftenRatwayZone XEZM cleaned manually. (The message in LOOT links to here.) Is this necessary? The guide asks to check that "no warnings appear" and this is not technically a warning, so I assume it's unnecessary, but I'd like the clarification. Thanks!

As stated in the changelog, we DO NOT advise manual cleaning any longer.

8 hours ago, QuietEyes said:

Working on updating to the new guide. Skipping CACO and CCOR this time around. I noticed the Step Patch - CR - WACCF.esp included in the new conflict resolution patch still has CCOR and one of the CCOR patches from Kryptopyr's Patch Hub as a master. It also requires the normal aMidanBorn Content Addon version as a master, rather than the non-CCOR "Light" version. Is it safe to just disable the esp?

Screenshot 2023-01-17 234215.png

We somehow didn't catch these masters even though they are documented, so look for an updated version of the WACCF patch soon. Thanks for reporting.

11 hours ago, druisiuil said:

Some differences from STEP 2.1 I noticed that were not documented or not migrated:

04-Foundation/Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes
    STEP 2.1 had the CACO patch selected, STEP 2.2 does not. There is a note in the screen shot "(covered by Step Patches)", but it is not noted in the 2.2 changelog.

06-Models & Textures/Fixed Mesh Lighting
    STEP 2.1 had a note to hide meshes/plants/floralavender01.nif, STEP 2.2 does not. Has that changed?

08-Character Appearance/Tempered Skins for Males
    STEP 2.1 had additional files to hide:
        textures/actors/character/argonianmale (entire folder)
        textures/actors/character/khajiitmale/khajiitmalehead_s.dds
    Maybe no longer needed due to dropping Coverkhajiits & Forgotten Argonian Roots? It is not noted in the 2.2 changelog.

20-Patches/Kryptopyrs Patch Hub
    STEP 2.1 had "Nordic Jewelry (CC) __ CCOR", it is not in the STEP 2.2 list. Has that changed?

20-Patches/Realistic Boat Bobbing Patch Hub
    STEP 2.1 did not have "Realistic Boat Bobbing - Bring Out Your Dead Patch", STEP 2.2 does. It is not noted in the 2.2 changelog.

All clarified in the changelog now. Thanks for reporting.

NOTE: The FML lavender mesh must be hidden so that Cathedral - 3D Lavender wins

Finished up! Another question: should DynDOLOD Resources SE continue to be active after LODs are generated? Guessing no, since it overwrites some of Particle Patch for ENB, but I'm unsure if it fulfills the same purpose as the Cathedral xLODgen mod (i.e., assisting with LODgen and then getting kicked out). Anyway, here are the notes I took throughout:

Spoiler

In the Tool Setup table, xEdit.exe and xEditQuickAutoClean.exe should be named SSEEdit.exe and SSEEditQuickAutoClean. The collapsible here does refer to them by their original names, as does the System Setup Guide. If they should be renamed, the filename should be changed in both places.

SPID no longer has a separate AE file, but instead, a FOMOD. May want to do a FOMOD table like you do for other mods with FOMODs (though it's an easy install, tbh--just the one choice of your game version). Same goes for Simple Offence Suppression.

I recall the original version of the guide having instructions for adding mods from .zip, instead of Nexus. I know how to do this, but someone who doesn't might be confused when running into Skyrim Realistic Overhaul, Skyrim Redesigned WIP, and Arthmoor's mods. If these are elsewhere or I've overlooked them, ignore!

Enhanced Vanilla Trees' FOMOD collapsible is missing the "Greener Pines" section of the custom FOMOD.

Glacier LOD Meshes should have a note on it, like the other Skyrim LE mods, that it is compatible and the warning can be ignored.

Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion does not ask me about Skyrim VR--unsure if FOMOD was updated or what.

For Tempered Skins for Males, we're free to choose whatever we like. After choosing underwear option A2 however, the files I'm supposed to hide for underwear are not present. Will report back if this breaks something.

Butterflies Unchained still lists the CACO patch as necessary--may want to note that it's unnecessary if you haven't installed CACO now that it's optional. Same thing goes for the Kryptopyrs Patch Hub--many of these are for CACO or CCOR or TCIY specifically and aren't necessary if those aren't installed. Could use some organization to reflect this. Same for Vokrii patch--unnecessary if you don't have CACO.

It's clear to me, reading the ENBSeries collapsible, that the Step ENB preset files from Nexus should go straight into the root folder, but you may want to say this specifically. (Note from later: the guide does get to this, but it's at the end of the section, in the collapsible for the Post-Processing patch. Maybe have the files placed when the ENB preset is downloaded originally, in the ENBSeries collapsible itself?)

All mods added! List of things that are currently listed as "redundant" in case that's helpful: the three DLCs, Majestic Mountains Double-Sided Patch, Battle Ready Candlelight Fixes, Rudy HQ - Bthardamz. Can provide overwrite reports if needed. Items that needed xEdit quick cleaning: SmoothShores.esp, imp_helm_legend.esp

Thanks again for an awesome update!

32 minutes ago, Sithishade said:

Finished up! Another question: should DynDOLOD Resources SE continue to be active after LODs are generated? Guessing no, since it overwrites some of Particle Patch for ENB, but I'm unsure if it fulfills the same purpose as the Cathedral xLODgen mod (i.e., assisting with LODgen and then getting kicked out). Anyway, here are the notes I took throughout:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks again for an awesome update!

Always follow the instructions. Since the instructions don't say to disable DynDOLOD Resources, don't disable it. ;)

On 1/18/2023 at 6:28 AM, z929669 said:

Is there a specific reason why this is no longer recommended?  I backed up my cleaned vanilla and CC esms and was just going to add those on my next build and I just want to make sure that won't cause any issues.

On 1/18/2023 at 1:28 PM, z929669 said:

a) Curious why not

b) Does it matter if those manual fixes were done? I.e. Are we fine to keep using the cleaned dawngaurd from v2.1.0?