v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

1 hour ago, Chromana said:

a) Curious why not

b) Does it matter if those manual fixes were done? I.e. Are we fine to keep using the cleaned dawngaurd from v2.1.0?

They are unnecessary, and it was highlighted to us that one of the edits "could" cause issues, although we have never seen any such problems with it. 

2 hours ago, Badfrog88 said:

Is there a specific reason why this is no longer recommended?  I backed up my cleaned vanilla and CC esms and was just going to add those on my next build and I just want to make sure that won't cause any issues.

2 hours ago, Chromana said:

a) Curious why not

b) Does it matter if those manual fixes were done? I.e. Are we fine to keep using the cleaned dawngaurd from v2.1.0?

Yes, if you have already done the manual cleaning, it shouldn't harm anything. We dropped the manual Dawnguard cleaning for a specific reason I believe. I think we had some evidence for doing so that either @TechAngel85 @DoubleYou or @Greg provided.

All of my LOOT-flagged plugins are cleaned using xEdit QuickAutoClean, and I did NOT use the manual cleaning procedure on Dawnguard. No issues as yet.

4 hours ago, Badfrog88 said:

Is there a specific reason why this is no longer recommended?  I backed up my cleaned vanilla and CC esms and was just going to add those on my next build and I just want to make sure that won't cause any issues.

4 hours ago, Chromana said:

a) Curious why not

To be clear, you should be recleaning any time the game updates. If you're holding old masters that were cleaned before the last update, please discard them and clean again to ensure you have all the latest changes from Bethesda in your files.

23 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

To be clear, you should be recleaning any time the game updates. If you're holding old masters that were cleaned before the last update, please discard them and clean again to ensure you have all the latest changes from Bethesda in your files.

Do you remember why exactly we stopped recommending Dawhguard manual cleaning? I thought there was a specific reference for not doing this.

Well, I finally finished reinstalling Steam, MO2, Skyrim and STEP 2.2.0. This time I installed ALL CC content (despite finding most of them severely underwhelming) so I would be able to use the STEP patches.

Of course, me being me, I didn't install all the suggested mods, because I personally don't like how they change the game. And I added a ton of the new Parallax mods, quest mods, dialogue mods and the like. After finding Z's post of how to remove patch master (THANK YOU for that Z!!), I am still able to use the STEP patches (YAY).

Expecting many issues and problems starting my brand new shiny install... There were none! So far it is all smooth sailing with just 1 (one) missing nif file! Skyrim is looking amazing and running extremely smoothly.

So once again, my sincere thanks to everyone putting in the effort to keep Skyrim relevant and a joy to play.

• Like 1

I originally included these notes in my previous post under a spoiler tag, but I'll put them here without as I think they were missed (they included that bit about Bthardamz).

In the Tool Setup table, xEdit.exe and xEditQuickAutoClean.exe should be named SSEEdit.exe and SSEEditQuickAutoClean. The collapsible here does refer to them by their original names, as does the System Setup Guide. If they should be renamed, the filename should be changed in both places.

SPID no longer has a separate AE file, but instead, a FOMOD. May want to do a FOMOD table like you do for other mods with FOMODs (though it's an easy install, tbh--just the one choice of your game version). Same goes for Simple Offence Suppression.

I recall the original version of the guide having instructions for adding mods from .zip, instead of Nexus. I know how to do this, but someone who doesn't might be confused when running into Skyrim Realistic Overhaul, Skyrim Redesigned WIP, and Arthmoor's mods. If these are elsewhere or I've overlooked them, ignore!

Enhanced Vanilla Trees' FOMOD collapsible is missing the "Greener Pines" section of the custom FOMOD.

Glacier LOD Meshes should have a note on it, like the other Skyrim LE mods, that it is compatible and the warning can be ignored.

Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion does not ask me about Skyrim VR--unsure if FOMOD was updated or what.

For Tempered Skins for Males, we're free to choose whatever we like. After choosing underwear option A2 however, the files I'm supposed to hide for underwear are not present. Will report back if this breaks something.

Butterflies Unchained still lists the CACO patch as necessary--may want to note that it's unnecessary if you haven't installed CACO now that it's optional. Same thing goes for the Kryptopyrs Patch Hub--many of these are for CACO or CCOR or TCIY specifically and aren't necessary if those aren't installed. Could use some organization to reflect this. Same for Vokrii patch--unnecessary if you don't have CACO.

It's clear to me, reading the ENBSeries collapsible, that the Step ENB preset files from Nexus should go straight into the root folder, but you may want to say this specifically. (Note from later: the guide does get to this, but it's at the end of the section, in the collapsible for the Post-Processing patch. Maybe have the files placed when the ENB preset is downloaded originally, in the ENBSeries collapsible itself?)

All mods added! List of things that are currently listed as "redundant" in case that's helpful: the three DLCs, Majestic Mountains Double-Sided Patch, Battle Ready Candlelight Fixes, Rudy HQ - Bthardamz. Can provide overwrite reports if needed. Items that needed xEdit quick cleaning: SmoothShores.esp, imp_helm_legend.esp

• +1 3

12 hours ago, Sithishade said:

In the Tool Setup table, xEdit.exe and xEditQuickAutoClean.exe should be named SSEEdit.exe and SSEEditQuickAutoClean. The collapsible here does refer to them by their original names, as does the System Setup Guide. If they should be renamed, the filename should be changed in both places.

We support multiple Bethesda guides using the same xEdit application that is offered as multiple redundant downloads from Nexus game-specific locations. We simply chose one (the most popular) and termed it 'x'Edit, which is also its most popular reference for the same reason. We call this out in the System Setup Guide for xEdit installation:

'SSEEdit' is 'xEdit', and applies to all Bethesda games!

.... but we can also call this out in the Tools Setup section, since that is the first encounter when following the guide.

SPID no longer has a separate AE file, but instead, a FOMOD. May want to do a FOMOD table like you do for other mods with FOMODs (though it's an easy install, tbh--just the one choice of your game version). Same goes for Simple Offence Suppression.

Noted. Will check it out and revise as necessary.

I recall the original version of the guide having instructions for adding mods from .zip, instead of Nexus. I know how to do this, but someone who doesn't might be confused when running into Skyrim Realistic Overhaul, Skyrim Redesigned WIP, and Arthmoor's mods. If these are elsewhere or I've overlooked them, ignore!

This is beyond the scope of our guides. An archive is an archive, and some files on Nexus are ZIP and RAR. It's not in our purview to teach people about the distinction with no difference.

Enhanced Vanilla Trees' FOMOD collapsible is missing the "Greener Pines" section of the custom FOMOD.

Lush trees option doesn't have a 'greener' pines section. There are several flavors of this mod in Main Files. We pick one and don't support instructions specific to each.

Glacier LOD Meshes should have a note on it, like the other Skyrim LE mods, that it is compatible and the warning can be ignored.

I favor getting rid of the note on all such mod pages rather than adding it to each, but consistency is important. We address such issues in the moment when editing these mod pages. It's hard to be consistent all the time. We do keep this in mind, however unsuccessfully.

Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion does not ask me about Skyrim VR--unsure if FOMOD was updated or what.

We'll take a look.

For Tempered Skins for Males, we're free to choose whatever we like. After choosing underwear option A2 however, the files I'm supposed to hide for underwear are not present. Will report back if this breaks something.

We'll take a look.

Butterflies Unchained still lists the CACO patch as necessary--may want to note that it's unnecessary if you haven't installed CACO now that it's optional. Same thing goes for the Kryptopyrs Patch Hub--many of these are for CACO or CCOR or TCIY specifically and aren't necessary if those aren't installed. Could use some organization to reflect this. Same for Vokrii patch--unnecessary if you don't have CACO.

Good point. This will be addressed.

It's clear to me, reading the ENBSeries collapsible, that the Step ENB preset files from Nexus should go straight into the root folder, but you may want to say this specifically. (Note from later: the guide does get to this, but it's at the end of the section, in the collapsible for the Post-Processing patch. Maybe have the files placed when the ENB preset is downloaded originally, in the ENBSeries collapsible itself?)

We'll take a look.

All mods added! List of things that are currently listed as "redundant" in case that's helpful: the three DLCs, Majestic Mountains Double-Sided Patch, Battle Ready Candlelight Fixes, Rudy HQ - Bthardamz. Can provide overwrite reports if needed. Items that needed xEdit quick cleaning: SmoothShores.esp, imp_helm_legend.esp

The Step patch still has the double-sided files we made before the MM patch mod was created, so we'll be removing those from the patch. Battle Ready Candlelight Fixes covers this mesh if the optional Post Processing modGroup is not used, so it's not redundant. We'll need to verify that ENB Lights version accomplishes the same purpose though in case it needs to be hidden from that mod. We know about Rudy Bthardamz and have noted this in the changelog.

On 1/18/2023 at 12:12 PM, z929669 said:

All clarified in the changelog now. Thanks for reporting.

NOTE: The FML lavender mesh must be hidden so that Cathedral - 3D Lavender wins

I had specifically removed this instruction, because it is unnecessary, since current guide order has Cathedral - 3D Lavender loading after Fixed Mesh Lighting. It doesn't make any difference if you hide it.

5 hours ago, z929669 said:

This is beyond the scope of our guides. An archive is an archive, and some files on Nexus are ZIP and RAR. It's not in our purview to teach people about the distinction with no difference.

I mean that I don’t recall a section that shows you how to add a mod from an archive you download manually, rather than the “install with mod manager” option on a Nexus page, regardless of what the archive type is. That’s actually here though, which people should be reading anyway.