DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

34 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Here is the Level 4 BTO file for that area: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16CILX3YKEJiqzqEPEwVeYkGyBO9BwGek/view?usp=sharing 

Indeed, these tree LOD meshes look different even in NifSkope:

XXwQgKz.png

Those palms do not have "tree" anywhere in their path so the "tree" mesh mask rule does not apply. Which means the last "/" rule applies which falls back to Billboard1 by default.

For now just copy the "tree" mesh rule to "tropical" (as not all of them are palms either).

I will fix this this in the next alpha version by having the "tree" mesh rule apply to all TREE base records as well in addition to the mesh mask . Via a new flag.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, sheson said:

Those palms do not have "tree" anywhere in their path so the "tree" mesh mask rule does not apply. Which means the last "/" rule applies which falls back to Billboard1 by default.

For now just copy the "tree" mesh rule to "tropical" (as not all of them are palms either).

I will fix this this in the next alpha version by having the "tree" mesh rule apply to all TREE base records as well in addition to the mesh mask . Via a new flag.

Ahh, that makes sense. Adding the mesh rule fixed it indeed. Thanks for looking into it!

ZKMrHEo.png

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Use a file service for large logs as explained on the first post.

The textures\architecture\whiterun\WRstonebase02.dds has a resolution of 16384 x 8192
Use full textures with more sane resolutions.

Close any other program that uses video memory.

Edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and set MaxTextureSize=8192 and if that still doesn't work , set it to 4096

Thank you for your quick response. Setting MaxTextureSize to 4096 fixed my issue.

I have a question about something that I don't know if it is possible to do, related to the new "seasons" option. Is it possible to generate different grass lod density for a particular season? What I'm trying to do is to have a lower density of the grass lod for Winter and only for Winter. That way, the grass lod would be more consistent with my setup for grass in general, way less dense when using this mod, Seasons of Skyrim - Remove Unwanted Grass. Would this be possible if I rerun LODGen only for Winter with a lower density for grass (or even no grass lod at all), leaving the rest of the seasons with a higher density?

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Thardrim said:

I have a question about something that I don't know if it is possible to do, related to the new "seasons" option. Is it possible to generate different grass lod density for a particular season? What I'm trying to do is to have a lower density of the grass lod for Winter and only for Winter. That way, the grass lod would be more consistent with my setup for grass in general, way less dense when using this mod, Seasons of Skyrim - Remove Unwanted Grass. Would this be possible if I rerun LODGen only for Winter with a lower density for grass (or even no grass lod at all), leaving the rest of the seasons with a higher density?

Thanks.

Open  ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel_WIN.txt in notepad.

Change the line GrassDensity= to the desired density as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Updating

Start DynDOLOD in expert mode https://dyndolod.info/Help/Expert-Mode

Select the Tamriel worldspace and make sure it has [Seasons] and only check the WIN season in the dropdown.

Click Execute LODGen.

Merge meshes into existing output.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Open  ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel_WIN.txt in notepad.

Change the line GrassDensity= to the desired density as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Updating

Start DynDOLOD in expert mode https://dyndolod.info/Help/Expert-Mode

Select the Tamriel worldspace and make sure it has [Seasons] and only check the WIN season in the dropdown.

Click Execute LODGen.

Merge meshes into existing output.

Ok, great!! I'll do that.

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, BiggerGreen said:

Dyndolodx64 won't start for me. I keep getting error 217 at 000000514a0

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt to upload when making posts.

If there is no logs or bugreport.txt check windows event log for hints.

Always use the latest version.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt to upload when making posts.

If there is no logs or bugreport.txt check windows event log for hints.

Always use the latest version.

I don't know how to find ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt if there is one but here is a picture of the message I get. I run it out of MO2 and the .exe is on my other drive outside of program files. This is all that happens when I try to run it every time. Got texgen to work and create files.

Error 2_23_2022 2_38_59 PM.png

Edited by BiggerGreen

52 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

How do I handle trees that are statics, when I want TexGen to pick them up for billboard creation?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards

A tree is every base record of the type 'TREE' and 'STAT' with the 'Has Tree LOD' flag set.

23 minutes ago, BiggerGreen said:

I don't know how to find ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt if there is one but here is a picture of the message I get. I run it out of MO2 and the .exe is on my other drive outside of program files. This is all that happens when I try to run it every time. Got texgen to work and create files.

Error 2_23_2022 2_38_59 PM.png

You already provided the error message...

..\DynDOLOD\ is the folder that DynDOLOD was installed in, e.g where the DynDOLOD.exe is.
The "log" folder is a subfolder of it.

If there is no bugreport.txt in the same folder as DynDOLOD.exe and there no log files in the log subfolder, check the Windows Event log for messages.

Which Windows version are you using?
What is in installation folder of DynDOLOD?
What is the command line the program is started with?
What is the installation folder of the game?
What is the mod manager?

Do you get the same message when starting TexGenx64.exe? DynDOLOD.exe or TexGen.exe?

3 hours ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards

A tree is every base record of the type 'TREE' and 'STAT' with the 'Has Tree LOD' flag set.

Thank you, I could swear I already tried that, but I'll give it another go!

Edit: Hm, no that didn't work. I tried to give the tropical tree trunks that are very commonly used in the Powder Desert billboards, one of them would be _00E_TropicalTree_Trunk01 [STAT:000880FA] for example, or the ref ID 99544. I added the Has Tree LOD flag to all of them (in the Test.esp), but they weren't picked up by TexGen. Here's the TexGen log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xTA-q8l-qnqOT8wLhL-cqsqnJ0gQQA6P/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Phlunder

hello guys  first time posting,  I've seam to ran into a issue with dyndolod,  got the latest resources for dyndolod 3  alpha-21. textgen seams to generate fine, however when I go to generate dyndolod  i get a error stating missing files,  it then closes out App and wont let me generate.  the file in question is textures/bstamriel/lod/ayleidset/ardoor02lod.dds. 

i can confirm i do have that file in the resources,  any help here would be wonderful.  thanks for making such a wonderful tool.

Screenshot (221).png

4 hours ago, DarkDragoon197 said:

hello guys  first time posting,  I've seam to ran into a issue with dyndolod,  got the latest resources for dyndolod 3  alpha-21. textgen seams to generate fine, however when I go to generate dyndolod  i get a error stating missing files,  it then closes out App and wont let me generate.  the file in question is textures/bstamriel/lod/ayleidset/ardoor02lod.dds. 

i can confirm i do have that file in the resources,  any help here would be wonderful.  thanks for making such a wonderful tool.

Screenshot (221).png

Use the "Copy message to clipboard"  link to copy and paste the text of the message instead of posting a screenshot as explained on the first post.

Post the log and debug log when making posts as explained on the first post.

Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" link as explained on the first post to open https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-Resources. Check its Troubleshooting section.

Install the latest version of DynDOLOD Resources or DynDOLOD Resource SE and the latest version of the DynDOLOD Standalone.

1 hour ago, Mattweenx10x said:

when I'm using texgen after about 6~7 minutes I get the message ''removing temporary files'' and the installation ends and is incomplete, it always took about 30 to 45 minutes, I've tried disabling mods but nothing works,

it didn't happen this in alpha 71, but I don't have this version anymore

Are you complimenting on the speed improvements or trying to report a problem?

Read the change log. Read the first post, follow its advice and suggestions.

Check the log messages for errors or warnings to know if there are problems or not.