DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

52 minutes ago, Soulmancer said:

Hi,

Not sure if this is actually dyndolod related or a false lead.  I recently moved from Net Script Framework to Crash Logger as I updated to 1.6.1170 ... I've been getting occasional crashes on loading a saved game and moving between loading areas and am noticing this is a common theme in every log.

DynDOLOD.esm: count: (1)
    There is a chance that this might cause a CTD when changing locations.

I do see in your FAQ that this will have nothing to do with auto save, but do you think it has enough validity to post a crash log and dyndolod log now or should I follow the steps outlines in your read me?  It's a bit hard to duplicate as the crashes seem at random and not consistent, just sometimes loading a save game or sometimes passing through a loading screen. I can't really "make it CTD" on the fly.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.
Obviously posts the crash log when making posts about CTDs in the game.

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum
Report the actual problem or error message without making assumptions or asking leading questions. Read the explanations and tips below, especially about what information and logs to provide and how. Also see Don't ask to ask, just ask and How do I ask a good question?

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Rudimentary-Troubleshooting
In case of issues in the game, test if the problem persists without any DynDOLOD output.

I will obviously look at the logs regardless of the reason of the CTD and not just make up illogical nonsense just because a filename of a plugin is listed in the load order or suggest to use the Skyrim LE SKSE memory patch with Skyrim SE. How saves, scripts and script instances work is known and documented since decades.

Hi all. I've got a question. Is DynDOLOD 3.00 recommended over the old one? (I'm using 1.5.97) I was able to successfully generate TexGen and DynDOLOD Outputs using the NG dll but when I started the game it said that I was missing the dll so I had to replace the NG dll with the old 1.5.97 Steam dll. 

I'm just confused on how that happened.

21 minutes ago, maxxpower said:

Hi all. I've got a question. Is DynDOLOD 3.00 recommended over the old one? (I'm using 1.5.97) I was able to successfully generate TexGen and DynDOLOD Outputs using the NG dll but when I started the game it said that I was missing the dll so I had to replace the NG dll with the old 1.5.97 Steam dll. 

I'm just confused on how that happened.

DynDOLOD 2.x had no updates since years. DynDOLOD 3 is released for alpha testing so people can help with finding and reporting problems.

Since you did mention a problem, read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts. Also upload the papyrus logs and the c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds#Testing

Do not paraphrase messages. Provide the actual message.

It is unclear if "1.5.97 Steam dll" refers to DynDOLOD DLL SE or the DynDOLOD DLL NG version that works for 1.5.97 and not 1.6.1130+
Which DLL is needed, depends on which papyrus scripts are installed last.
However, DynDOLOD DLL SE and DynDOLOD DLL NG are not interchangeable, like DynDOLOD DLL SE and PapyrusUtil are. DynDOLOD DLL NG requires a LOD specifically generated for it. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds

On 4/16/2024 at 10:00 PM, Soulmancer said:

Hi,

Not sure if this is actually dyndolod related or a false lead.  I recently moved from Net Script Framework to Crash Logger as I updated to 1.6.1170 ... I've been getting occasional crashes on loading a saved game and moving between loading areas and am noticing this is a common theme in every log.

DynDOLOD.esm: count: (1)
    There is a chance that this might cause a CTD when changing locations.

I do see in your FAQ that this will have nothing to do with auto save, but do you think it has enough validity to post a crash log and dyndolod log now or should I follow the steps outlines in your read me?  It's a bit hard to duplicate as the crashes seem at random and not consistent, just sometimes loading a save game or sometimes passing through a loading screen. I can't really "make it CTD" on the fly.

Use old papyrus dyndolod scripts for now, i had crashes on load[infamous skyrim.esm::902560] with dyndo alpha 17, but with papyrus i had none. Havent tried alpha 18 yet. The crashes might had been due to my LO too, since i had a patcher for static objects/land textures after dyndolod, some activator objects too and a patch that needed dyndolod as master, which sheson said that's haram basically. So whether the crashes were because of dyndo or my LO[which i now fixed and always put dyndo output plugins last] is unknown. The one thing is almost certain - large reference bug workaround is way less lenient on load order of dyndo.esp plugin due to that activator object switching. If something replace that object, it's scripts/whatever and uses dyndo plugin as master, you gonna have a bad time. 

Edited by RainingTacco

5 hours ago, RainingTacco said:

i had crashes on load[infamous skyrim.esm::902560] with dyndo alpha 17, but with papyrus i had none. Havent tried alpha 18 yet. The crashes might had been due to my LO too, since i had a patcher for static objects/land textures after dyndolod, some activator objects too and a patch that needed dyndolod as master, which sheson said that's haram basically. So whether the crashes were because of dyndo or my LO[which i now fixed and always put dyndo output plugins last] is unknown

Read the first post and/or  https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload. Also upload the papyrus log as explained. Also upload the c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\[Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log for as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds#Testing
Obviously upload the crash log when having crashes.

https://dyndolod.info
Use the Latest Versions
Participating in the alpha test requires to report any problems to the official DynDOLOD support forum. 

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum:
Report the actual problem or error message without making assumptions or asking leading questions. 

Do not make patches that require DynDOLOD plugins as a master. Create all required patches before generating LOD. Otherwise report the problem or technical issue that makes you believe you need to do this afterwards.

Not using something is a troubleshooting step and not a fix. Report the problem so it can be fixed.

Do not tell users not to use something as a fix. Tell users to report the actual issue so it can be fixed.

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha test to find and report bugs so they can be troubleshooted and fixed. If you are unable to meet the requirements, do not participate in the alpha test. The is just not very useful random ramblings if the actual reason for the crash "is unknown". We actually troubleshoot things here to find the actual causes of problems so we can understand and fix them.

What object activator switching? What is using DynDOLOD as a master?

Hello! I'm having a dyndolod issue I've never had before. Sorry for the wall of text, but I want to give you guys as much info as possible.

I'm using skyrim version 1.6.640. My texgen output and dyndolod output (together with dyndolod esm, esp and occlusion esp) seems to generate succesfully, but the filesize is just way to small for a list like mine, with an ungodly amount of content. When I go in-game, I see various visual errors which you can see here- floating lod textures, low res textures on many objects, flickering textures everywhere. Typing a tll command fixes every single one of these issues. It's not like dyndolod output is using vanilla assets, but it looks like huge chunks of them are missing. I'm using an Aurora modlist as a base - I know the usual troubleshooting route with wabbajack modlists is to contact the author, but keep in mind that I added more mods to the list than it had at the start, and I deleted its dyndolod&texgen output, occlusion, dyndolod resources, dyndolod programme and dyndolod DLL NG before doing a fresh install of everything and trying to generate LOD by myself.

I also had to move the list to another disc, which caused me some issues with texgen and dyndolod reading only a plugin list of my base game install, not MO2's (I'm using a stock game with my modlist), but I did fix it with proper executable arguments shown here. I'm wondering if maybe I'm supposed to do something more than changing executable's settings in MO2. I know my modlist is an absolute horror to get through, but maybe someone here has an idea on what to do. thanks for all the help in advance.

debug texgen log   texgen log

dyndolod log   dyndolod debug log

25 minutes ago, ladyofpain said:

Hello! I'm having a dyndolod issue I've never had before. Sorry for the wall of text, but I want to give you guys as much info as possible.

I'm using skyrim version 1.6.640. My texgen output and dyndolod output (together with dyndolod esm, esp and occlusion esp) seems to generate succesfully, but the filesize is just way to small for a list like mine, with an ungodly amount of content. When I go in-game, I see various visual errors which you can see here- floating lod textures, low res textures on many objects, flickering textures everywhere. Typing a tll command fixes every single one of these issues. It's not like dyndolod output is using vanilla assets, but it looks like huge chunks of them are missing. I'm using an Aurora modlist as a base - I know the usual troubleshooting route with wabbajack modlists is to contact the author, but keep in mind that I added more mods to the list than it had at the start, and I deleted its dyndolod&texgen output, occlusion, dyndolod resources, dyndolod programme and dyndolod DLL NG before doing a fresh install of everything and trying to generate LOD by myself.

I also had to move the list to another disc, which caused me some issues with texgen and dyndolod reading only a plugin list of my base game install, not MO2's (I'm using a stock game with my modlist), but I did fix it with proper executable arguments shown here. I'm wondering if maybe I'm supposed to do something more than changing executable's settings in MO2. I know my modlist is an absolute horror to get through, but maybe someone here has an idea on what to do. thanks for all the help in advance.

debug texgen log   texgen log

dyndolod log   dyndolod debug log

The size of the LOD output is not a useful method to determine successful generating. As explained in the manual, the "completed successfully" log messages are, which both can be seen at the end of the TexGen and DynDOLOD logs.

The screenshots seem to show stuck LOD. The LOD that is shown in the screenshots also uses vanilla LOD models and textures.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Object-LOD-shows-in-active-exterior-cells
Can be caused by [MapMenu] uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in Skyrim.ini (or SkyrimCustom.INI or a mod INI), especially if there are no object LOD level 32 meshes (which is the vanilla/default). See Trees on the Map for further explanations. Also see Maps And Map Mods and Seasons if relevant.

You did not generate LOD level 32 obj3ect, while having a clear map overhaul in the load order, which is mot likely the mod that sets uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in its INI.

None of the screenshots seem to show missing LOD. See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots if you have a full model without LOD. Also see https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Something-does-not-have-LOD

https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\. See Updating how to update existing installation and save games.

DynDOLOD has been installed into the MO2 folder which is D:\Aurora\. DynDOLOD is not part of MO2 and should not be installed into any of its folders.

I removed clear map of skyrim and moved dyndolod to c/dyndolod, ran it again and everything looks great now. there wasn't actually any missing LOD, just stuck lod everywhere was a bit confusing to me. thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

Edited by ladyofpain

Hey Sheson, sorry to bother you, I've never needed help modding before but I am at a loss. I can't for the life of me figure out what is going wrong, and I've tried every ini fix on here already.

I've seen dyndolod freeze up many times, and I've seen it work no hiccups.

I'm trying to get lux and seasons to work and just can't. I run a very light load order.

It usually crashes 6mins into generation, this time it 30 mins

There is like 30 different logs. What should I send?

I'm crashing consistently at Generating Markarth world SUMer i think.

Thank you, sorry again.

Mark

41 minutes ago, bloodmage said:

Hey Sheson, sorry to bother you, I've never needed help modding before but I am at a loss. I can't for the life of me figure out what is going wrong, and I've tried every ini fix on here already.

I've seen dyndolod freeze up many times, and I've seen it work no hiccups.

I'm trying to get lux and seasons to work and just can't. I run a very light load order.

It usually crashes 6mins into generation, this time it 30 mins

There is like 30 different logs. What should I send?

I'm crashing consistently at Generating Markarth world SUMer i think.

Thank you, sorry again.

Mark

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload.

1 hour ago, bloodmage said:

Thank you for relocating me.

I haven't been able to generate a bug report because I haven't finished the process since.

I enabled Live logging but still didn't see it.

here's all the logs I have in a rar.

Logs.rar

If you uploaded all logs from the ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\ folder, then I find it curious that there are no TexGen logs. Did you not run it?

After setting RealTimeLog=1 under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.INI, you should see ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_realtime_log.txt appear shortly after the background loader finished, just before the wizard, advanced or expert options window shows.

If it doesn't, you probably edited the wrong INI or the setting was not added correctly. Copy and paste it, make sure it is added under the [DyNDOLOD] section heading at the top.

Sorry, Texgen ran fine, I had cleared the logs and didn't run it again, hence it missing.

texgen always runs fine for me tbh, very fast.

I reran everything and gave you the new logs

from what I can tell when it freezes up, its generating texture atlas (usually for markarth world sometimes hunterworld) and its looking for a tree mesh for the season and then memory skyrockets and it freezes. (I've tried the recommended fixes in the  atlas and memory help section)

I've tried just generating markarth world and also see the freeze, but I have a feeling this tree is in more than one spot.

txtgen logs.rar

10 hours ago, bloodmage said:

Sorry, Texgen ran fine, I had cleared the logs and didn't run it again, hence it missing.

texgen always runs fine for me tbh, very fast.

I reran everything and gave you the new logs

from what I can tell when it freezes up, its generating texture atlas (usually for markarth world sometimes hunterworld) and its looking for a tree mesh for the season and then memory skyrockets and it freezes. (I've tried the recommended fixes in the  atlas and memory help section)

I've tried just generating markarth world and also see the freeze, but I have a feeling this tree is in more than one spot.

txtgen logs.rar

Still not DynDOLOD log or debug, which are written, when you close DynDOLOD via clicking X top right. Only kill it via task manager if that closing does not work for a minute.

In that case, edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini with notepad and add RealTimeLog=1 under [DynDOLOD] at the top. Then start DynDOLOD. Once it shows the options window, check the ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\ folder that DynDOLOD_SSE_realtime_log.txt is being created. If that does not work, reboot and try again. If it still does not work, upload your version of DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. With the log we have a good chance to troubleshoot this more quickly.

I assume high memory usage means that DynDOLODx64.exe shows high memory usage in task manager? Check if it has sub processes like LODGenx64.exe or Texconvx64.exe that might be using lots of memory.