DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

50 minutes ago, User77111 said:

It's just slightly better with the normal ones. Not as good as the custom ones I made. Is it possible to disable or adjust this automatic alpha threshold that was added?
A0mxKLv.png

Either the normal ones are better or the custom ones you made are good. However you reported the custom one are too thin. How can they be good and too thin at the same time?

Not sure what "automatic alpha threshold that was added" is supposed to be. What changelog entry are you referring to?

29 minutes ago, User77111 said:

I did not make my own custom models, I just edited the models. I edited the NiAlphaProperty of the leafs for each of the trees to make them perfectly match the normal models.

Changing models from the original ones means they are now custom. Only you have them. Without them I can not test.

8 minutes ago, User77111 said:

I did not make my own custom models, I just edited the models. I edited the NiAlphaProperty of the leafs for each of the trees to make them perfectly match the normal models.

Do I need to add an alpha property to the branches and set it to 128 for DynDOLOD not to touch the branches?

But they don't perfectly match the full models. This is the problem you reported. You cannot compare far away trees to near ones. Only the transition difference matters, and that will be best if the LOD models have the same NiAlphaProperty as the full ones (unless you create your own optimized crowns that are not identical to the full ones).

This isn't a DynDOLOD problem. It's a problem of the LOD models not being a good match to the full models anymore.

24 minutes ago, z929669 said:

This isn't a DynDOLOD problem. It's a problem of the LOD models not being a good match to the full models anymore.

I said previously that I updated DynDOLOD, then the trees became too thin when using custom models. They are still too thin without the custom models. I'm not asking to fix a problem, just asking for the option to disable a feature added in later versions of DynDOLOD that are making custom models not work like they used to. If that is possible.

I also do not understand what that feature is.

I attached the custom 3d Tress models. I used these on DynDOLOD alpha v159. I have that version backed up too if you needed it.

LOD Gen.zip

40 minutes ago, User77111 said:

I said previously that I updated DynDOLOD, then the trees became too thin when using custom models. They are still too thin without the custom models. I'm not asking to fix a problem, just asking for the option to disable a feature added in later versions of DynDOLOD that are making custom models not work like they used to. If that is possible.

I also do not understand what that feature is.

I attached the custom 3d Tress models. I used these on DynDOLOD alpha v159. I have that version backed up too if you needed it.

LOD Gen.zip 1.04 MB · 1 download

If the original LOD models are already too thin, then the alpha threshold should be decreased to make them appear thicker. Increasing the alpha threshold makes them thinner.

This is with the original 3D tree LOD model. The thickness looks identical. Left is Alpha-167, right is Alpha-169.

157.jpg158.jpg

This is with the custom 3D tree LOD model. As expected they seem to be thinner because the alpha threshold is higher. The thickness looks identical. Left is Alpha-167, right is Alpha-169.

159.jpg160.jpg

Maybe you changed the LOD textures somehow?

3 minutes ago, sheson said:

If the original LOD models are already too thin, then the alpha threshold should be decreased to make them appear thicker. Increasing the alpha threshold makes them thinner.

This is with the original 3D tree LOD model. The thickness looks identical. Left is Alpha-167, right is Alpha-169.

157.jpg158.jpg

This is with the custom 3D tree LOD model. As expected they seem to be thinner because the alpha threshold is higher. The thickness looks identical. Left is Alpha-167, right is Alpha-169.

159.jpg160.jpg

Maybe you changed the LOD textures somehow?

Try with alpha 159 not 167

Maybe this will help.

With alpha 159, viewing the LOD models in nifskope, that is how they would appear in game.

With alpha 169, the alpha threshold is increased in game. So it is thinner then when viewing the LOD model in nifskope.

9 hours ago, User77111 said:

Try with alpha 159 not 167

That is 10 versions ago from early December last year. You are required to always use the latest version when participating in the alpha test.

9 hours ago, User77111 said:

Maybe this will help.

With alpha 159, viewing the LOD models in nifskope, that is how they would appear in game.

With alpha 169, the alpha threshold is increased in game. So it is thinner then when viewing the LOD model in nifskope.

The game has a hardcoded alpha threshold of 128 for LOD. DynDOLOD does not change that.

This is about the better alpha blending used to fix black backgrounds of badly made LOD textures to reduce the black outline updated in Alpha-163.

This test version reapplies the original alpha channel after blending the texture onto the background with the average color. That should keep things consistent.
https://mega.nz/file/pNhFRJwK#39GGnhK-MfgyfSz7h6Fi7YZmaFm_yP19FzIosU04eGg

9 hours ago, sheson said:

That is 10 versions ago from early December last year. You are required to always use the latest version when participating in the alpha test.

The game has a hardcoded alpha threshold of 128 for LOD. DynDOLOD does not change that.

This is about the better alpha blending used to fix black backgrounds of badly made LOD textures to reduce the black outline updated in Alpha-163.

This test version reapplies the original alpha channel after blending the texture onto the background with the average color. That should keep things consistent.
https://mega.nz/file/pNhFRJwK#39GGnhK-MfgyfSz7h6Fi7YZmaFm_yP19FzIosU04eGg

Thanks for this. It works perfectly.

Will this be included in the next update? Or is this just a custom one for my case?

Hello!  I am having a weird problem that hopefully has a simple solution!  I downloaded the most recent version today and re-ran Texgen and Dyndolod.  But in-game I now have this problem: ultra 3d LODs' trunks are missing textures (purple rectangles).  I narrowed the problem down to Dyndolod looking for a different CRC than Texgen assigned to the trunks in the textures\dyndolod\lod\trees folder.  Note that billboards are fine, and I compared a new Texgen output against the previous one (that worked fine) and it has the same CRC filenames.  I don't have an old Dyndolod output or previous tree report to compare to the new one to see if the CRC changed there.

I can see that Texgen is using the CRC from the LOD trunk mesh model; but how can I get Dyndolod to use it as the texture name in the final ultra lod mesh?  I have tried deleting cache, rerunning both texgen and Dyndolod again and also downgrading back to the previous version that worked correctly last time, but all are giving the same result: in the example of TreeAspen02, Dyndolod is looking for 353a9a39 but Texgen output (and the original trunk mesh) have CRC 055a9061.

From Dyndolod Tree Report:

Level0: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen02_353a9a39passthru_lod.nif [CRC32:92F49419] using textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp02.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen02_353a9a39_trunk_1.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen02_353a9a39_trunk_1_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen02_353a9a39_trunk_2.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen02_353a9a39_trunk_2_n.dds

ultra lod trunk problem.png

trunk mesh.png

texgen output.png

Edited by vrnord

23 minutes ago, vrnord said:

Hello!  I am having a weird problem that hopefully has a simple solution!  I downloaded the most recent version today and re-ran Texgen and Dyndolod.  But in-game I now have this problem: ultra 3d LODs' trunks are missing textures (purple rectangles).  I narrowed the problem down to Dyndolod looking for a different CRC than Texgen assigned to the trunks in the textures\dyndolod\lod\trees folder.  Note that billboards are fine, and I compared a new Texgen output against the previous one (that worked fine) and it has the same CRC filenames.  I don't have an old Dyndolod output or previous tree report to compare to the new one to see if the CRC changed there.

I can see that Texgen is using the CRC from the LOD trunk mesh model; but how can I get Dyndolod to use it as the texture name in the final ultra lod mesh?  I have tried deleting cache, rerunning both texgen and Dyndolod again and also downgrading back to the previous version that worked correctly last time, but all are giving the same result: in the example of TreeAspen02, Dyndolod is looking for 353a9a39 but Texgen output (and the original trunk mesh) have CRC 055a9061.

Level0: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen02_353a9a39passthru_lod.nif [CRC32:92F49419] using textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp02.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen02_353a9a39_trunk_1.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen02_353a9a39_trunk_1_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen02_353a9a39_trunk_2.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen02_353a9a39_trunk_2_n.dds

trunk mesh.png

texgen output.png

You must post the logs as instructed in the OP. treeaspen02 with CRC32 353a9a39 does not exist in HLT. HLT uses treeaspen02 with CRC32 055a9061.

TexGen will create tree billboards for whatever LOD models it finds (with 'Render' option ticked).

Your aspens are probably from whatever mod is providing treeaspen02 with CRC32 353a9a39, and you likely have no billboards for those LOD meshes, because TexGen didn't find the trunks to render for the billboards.

It's all a guessing game without the logs.

Hi Sheson, I'm making another attempt in getting some mods to do what there supposed to do so I deactivated DynDOLOD, trashed all outputs and have gone back to square one by reading the instructions you've provided me. I'm up to the part where I'm cleaning my load order plugins and despite having "cleaned" them, some tabs that you can see to be red are still present, is that normal or is there something I'm missing? Thanks buddy!!

Screenshot 2024-04-01 140811.png

11 hours ago, User77111 said:

Thanks for this. It works perfectly.

Will this be included in the next update? Or is this just a custom one for my case?

This will be included in the next alpha version. We don't really do custom versions. 

4 hours ago, vrnord said:

trunk mesh.png

texgen output.png

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire TexGen and DynDOLOD logs and debug logs to upload when making posts.

Also upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

Provide a meaningful screenshot of an affect full model with more informative console as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

The CRC32 353a9a39 of the full model tree seems to be from a version of Enhanced Vanilla Trees.
It is unclear where your version of treeaspen02_353a9a39passthru_lod.nif comes from.

The required trunk NIF, which TexGen uses to render the trunk textures if the Rendered checkbox under Tree/Grass Billboards is checked, need to ship together with the 3D tree LOD hybrid model treeaspen02_353a9a39passthru_lod.nif requiring those trunks.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Grass-HD-Grass-Tree-HD-Tree-Rendered
https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model

3 hours ago, skyrimfreak360 said:

Hi Sheson, I'm making another attempt in getting some mods to do what there supposed to do so I deactivated DynDOLOD, trashed all outputs and have gone back to square one by reading the instructions you've provided me. I'm up to the part where I'm cleaning my load order plugins and despite having "cleaned" them, some tabs that you can see to be red are still present, is that normal or is there something I'm missing? Thanks buddy!!

Screenshot 2024-04-01 140811.png

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. I do not provide generic modding support or help for other tools.

Cleaning plugins fixes ITMs and deleted references. https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/7-mod-cleaning-and-error-checking.html#ModCleaningProcess

Read the xEdit documentation or ask on its forum/discord to learn what the colors mean and if something needs to be done about a conflicts or not.
https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/5-conflict-detection-and-resolution.html

Hey Sheson,

Been encountering some kind of issue with the whgrayquarter_lod.nif rendering peaking out of the door to the docks. This occurs even when close to the door in the exterior but not in the interior worldspace (as in Windhelm City Cell).

Logs attached here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eqRT-uRmMUjC1z37J56tVOfurnMhAVX5/view?usp=drive_link

Let me know if you need more data.

WHGreyQuarterError.jpg

Edited by Althro