DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

15 hours ago, sheson said:

The temp folder is specifically deleted when the tool shutdown to not leave garbage behind.

Run TexGen again, when it starts waiting for Texconvx64.exe again, open the txt file and note the first line.
Copy it without the leading #
Add this to end of it
 -flist "C:\Users\Alexi-PC\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_*.txt"
replace the Texconv_*.txt with the actual filename of the txt in the temp folder.
So you end up with something like this:

"D:\game installs\skyrim mod storage\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -w 168 -h 512 -m 1 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "D:\Dyndolod output\Textures\DynDOLOD\lod\trees" -flist "C:\Users\Alexi-PC\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_0_1_295FB0E4FEA14BDFB89F91F41225C022.txt"

Close TexGen and then run this command on a command prompt to see what happens.

I did not get a chance to try this. Given your concern over the graphics card, I decided to try a full clean install of my graphics drivers. Despite the two or three updates that have come down the pipe since I got the new card, there was apparently some other underlying issue at work. Once I did the clean install, texgen not only completed successfully, but also slightly faster than it was going before. Thank you for your assistance in getting this resolved.

So I tried making a save when the lods are in the broken state, and reloading the game and that save appears to fix it. I'm not sure what that means, but if nothing else, I suppose I could deal with occasionally see bad lods when the season changes and just saving and reloading. Kinda nnoying, but at this point I just want to play this game haha... I also am incredibly curious about this problem though... Like I must be the only person with this issue. It's so bizarre.

I've disabled almost my entire mod list and the issue persists. I've also reinstalled basically all of the current active mods including SoS which should generate new inis right? It certainly seems to, whenever I reinstalled SoS it seemed like it would always drop the inis in the overwrite, I think after loading the game to the menu. And it certainly seems like it's finding the inis properly when loading the game, wouldn't it just not work at all with those files in the wrong place? But either way I don't see anything weird about them. I also haven't changed anything in them anyways until you suggested, and I only touched that one line.

Just so I'm crystal clear on this, what seemed to work with the overwrite files was just dragging the folder that contained the ini to the proper mod on the left pane. For example there was a "Seasons" folder with that MainFormSwap_WIN.ini and Serialization.ini and I literally just dragged the folder itself and dropped it into Seasons of Skyrim SKSE on the left pane. I assume I'm not doing that totally wrong?

So it seems like, no matter what, when I load a game, whatever season it is, even if that save was made with bad lods, it will look correct. I even saved staring right at the bad lods, and when I load it seems to always fix it. And still, when I change seasons, it will look incorrect.

I'll leave a couple files that I looked at thinking they might be relevant if you want to take a crack at it. I've looked through them and while there's sometimes errors they don't seem related to tree lods. I'm just learning about all of this stuff though.

po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.logMainFormSwap_WIN.ini Turn of the Seasons_SWAP.ini

1 hour ago, asebw said:

I did not get a chance to try this. Given your concern over the graphics card, I decided to try a full clean install of my graphics drivers. Despite the two or three updates that have come down the pipe since I got the new card, there was apparently some other underlying issue at work. Once I did the clean install, texgen not only completed successfully, but also slightly faster than it was going before. Thank you for your assistance in getting this resolved.

Great and good to know.

21 minutes ago, GuyWithOneEye said:

So I tried making a save when the lods are in the broken state, and reloading the game and that save appears to fix it. I'm not sure what that means, but if nothing else, I suppose I could deal with occasionally see bad lods when the season changes and just saving and reloading. Kinda nnoying, but at this point I just want to play this game haha... I also am incredibly curious about this problem though... Like I must be the only person with this issue. It's so bizarre.

I've disabled almost my entire mod list and the issue persists. I've also reinstalled basically all of the current active mods including SoS which should generate new inis right? It certainly seems to, whenever I reinstalled SoS it seemed like it would always drop the inis in the overwrite, I think after loading the game to the menu. And it certainly seems like it's finding the inis properly when loading the game, wouldn't it just not work at all with those files in the wrong place? But either way I don't see anything weird about them. I also haven't changed anything in them anyways until you suggested, and I only touched that one line.

Just so I'm crystal clear on this, what seemed to work with the overwrite files was just dragging the folder that contained the ini to the proper mod on the left pane. For example there was a "Seasons" folder with that MainFormSwap_WIN.ini and Serialization.ini and I literally just dragged the folder itself and dropped it into Seasons of Skyrim SKSE on the left pane. I assume I'm not doing that totally wrong?

So it seems like, no matter what, when I load a game, whatever season it is, even if that save was made with bad lods, it will look correct. I even saved staring right at the bad lods, and when I load it seems to always fix it. And still, when I change seasons, it will look incorrect.

I'll leave a couple files that I looked at thinking they might be relevant if you want to take a crack at it. I've looked through them and while there's sometimes errors they don't seem related to tree lods. I'm just learning about all of this stuff though.

po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.log 6.79 kB · 1 download MainFormSwap_WIN.ini 200 kB · 0 downloads Turn of the Seasons_SWAP.ini 10.14 kB · 0 downloads

The mod that is in control of switching references, base records and LOD files in unison is Seasons Of Skyrim.
If reloading a save makes the Season of Skyrim use the correct LOD files, it means that Seasons Of Skryim is able to switch and use the corresponding LOD files no problem, while something seems to go wrong when the switch is supposed to happen while in the game. If all the INIs files are still unchanged, then they are most likely not the cause.

po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.log shows "Terrain LOD files not found! Default LOD will be used instead"
You should generate terrain LOD files for the load order and the different seasons.

You should direct questions about how Seasons of Skyrim works and the INIs it creates to its author. DynDOLOD just reads whatever INI are currently the winning files in the load order to generate LOD for the seasons. By all accounts that seems to work correctly.

Whatever is in MO2 Overwrite folder is always winning. Dragging and dropping whatever new files were created there into their respective mod folders is to ensure that things are were they belong and that you can sort their load order properly with their mods.

12 hours ago, sheson said:

Add GLListDebug=1 and GLDebug=1 under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. Remove all old logs and bugreport.txt and run again. Upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt.

Added those params to the INI, and of course, I got no errors this time for the first time after like 10 attempts. It took 6.5 hours for LODGen to finish so DynDOLOD could create the plugins, and the output is massive (39+ Gb). I attribute this to the diversity and complexity of the Veydogolt Trees and corresponding LODs. This will be address but is beside the point Here's the logs, but probably don't reveal much:

Logs

Now I will work on invoking the issue by reattempting. The failure happens early on in the process when it does happen, so I will abort and keep trying until I get a useful bugreport.

EDIT: To verify my config and environment, I had already tested on my mod list without any of the Veydogolt stuff using the most recent Alpha and non-NG DLL, and it ran just fine in about 15-20 minutes. So the problem runs are due to Veydogolt. Note that there are several normals named in non-standard fashion like *_4n.dds ... DynDOLOD issues these warnings, but I'm pretty sure they are benign, but IDK.

EDIT2: I'm unable to reproduce the bug report. I have had three non-errors (just aborted once LODGen process began, as the error happens in initial creation of Tamriel *_glow.dds. I've had a couple of ungraceful closing of DynDOLOD (the window just disappears without bugreport). I will keep those params in the INI though and report back when I get a bug report.

Hmm is there a way to make snow on rocks/object lod generated by dyndolod in world map bright, without making it very strongly bright in player/ingame/active cell view? When i up the brightness of snow01 and projecteddiffuse.dds and set shader in xedit to 255,255,255 it gets quite nicely bright in world map, but then it gets insanely bright in actual gameplay in third or first person. How to remedy this?

Edited by RainingTacco

12 hours ago, RainingTacco said:

Hmm is there a way to make snow on rocks/object lod generated by dyndolod in world map bright, without making it very strongly bright in player/ingame/active cell view? When i up the brightness of snow01 and projecteddiffuse.dds and set shader in xedit to 255,255,255 it gets quite nicely bright in world map, but then it gets insanely bright in actual gameplay in third or first person. How to remedy this?

The used LOD generator is irrelevant for the snow LOD shaders or the map overlays. See settings regarding the snow overlay for the map, maybe they help https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:Skyrim_INI/MapMenu#fMapMenuOverlayNormalSnowStrength and following.

• Like 1

Hello, I'm having some trouble with DynDOLOD 3.00. I've been using it without problem for some time now, but I started up a new playthrough after switching a few mods around in my load order and regenerating TexGen and DynDOLOD. The changes weren't drastic, so I'm surprised to be running into an issue I can't seem to troubleshoot on my own.

I've attached pictures of the view across Lake Ilinalta with DynDOLOD active in my load order and without. In the picture where it's active, much of the tree LOD is missing. In the picture where DynDOLOD is not active in my load order, the tree LOD displays correctly. And the issue is not confined to this particular area of the map.

It would seem that it's not a problem with my Skyrim .inis, since LOD displays correctly without DynDOLOD installed. But I've regenerated TexGen and DynDOLOD a few times, checking to make sure all of the settings are as they should be, and I end up in the same place, with missing LOD while TexGen and DynDOLOD are active in my load order.

Any help would be appreciated!

20230307114507_1.jpg

20230307114732_1.jpg

13 hours ago, pezzonovante87 said:

Hello, I'm having some trouble with DynDOLOD 3.00. I've been using it without problem for some time now, but I started up a new playthrough after switching a few mods around in my load order and regenerating TexGen and DynDOLOD. The changes weren't drastic, so I'm surprised to be running into an issue I can't seem to troubleshoot on my own.

I've attached pictures of the view across Lake Ilinalta with DynDOLOD active in my load order and without. In the picture where it's active, much of the tree LOD is missing. In the picture where DynDOLOD is not active in my load order, the tree LOD displays correctly. And the issue is not confined to this particular area of the map.

It would seem that it's not a problem with my Skyrim .inis, since LOD displays correctly without DynDOLOD installed. But I've regenerated TexGen and DynDOLOD a few times, checking to make sure all of the settings are as they should be, and I end up in the same place, with missing LOD while TexGen and DynDOLOD are active in my load order.

Any help would be appreciated!

20230307114507_1.jpg

20230307114732_1.jpg

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

12 minutes ago, MasterSuChef said:

Hello, I seem to be having an issue with DynDOLOD.esp and .esm when running LOOT, when i remove an esp like 018Auri.esp, it just says another esp is causing a problem and keeps going no matter how many I remove.
i have attached images of LOOT errors as well as DynDOLOD Log

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 

Read the first post which debug log to also upload when making posts. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

As explained in the first post and documentation, always use the latest alpha version. Do not waste time using older versions or reporting problems with older versions.

As explained in the first post, use search to find similar questions and answers.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:28 PM, z929669 said:

Added those params to the INI, and of course, I got no errors this time for the first time after like 10 attempts. It took 6.5 hours for LODGen to finish so DynDOLOD could create the plugins, and the output is massive (39+ Gb). I attribute this to the diversity and complexity of the Veydogolt Trees and corresponding LODs. This will be address but is beside the point Here's the logs, but probably don't reveal much:

Logs

Now I will work on invoking the issue by reattempting. The failure happens early on in the process when it does happen, so I will abort and keep trying until I get a useful bugreport.

EDIT: To verify my config and environment, I had already tested on my mod list without any of the Veydogolt stuff using the most recent Alpha and non-NG DLL, and it ran just fine in about 15-20 minutes. So the problem runs are due to Veydogolt. Note that there are several normals named in non-standard fashion like *_4n.dds ... DynDOLOD issues these warnings, but I'm pretty sure they are benign, but IDK.

EDIT2: I'm unable to reproduce the bug report. I have had three non-errors (just aborted once LODGen process began, as the error happens in initial creation of Tamriel *_glow.dds. I've had a couple of ungraceful closing of DynDOLOD (the window just disappears without bugreport). I will keep those params in the INI though and report back when I get a bug report.

On game launch with the the output generated by this run (logs above), I am getting an in-game message "can not find master in DynDOLOD_None" ... I searched your doc and didn't find anything on this issue. DynDOLOD is 'inactive', so I assume dynamic LOD won't work, but I have static LOD. Testing on a new game.

9 minutes ago, z929669 said:

On game launch with the the output generated by this run (logs above), I am getting an in-game message "can not find master in DynDOLOD_None" ... I searched your doc and didn't find anything on this issue. DynDOLOD is 'inactive', so I assume dynamic LOD won't work, but I have static LOD. Testing on a new game.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "DynDOLOD could/can not read/find * DynDOLOD* does not belong to these DynDOLOD plugins"
Make sure SKSE and DynDOLOD DLL or PapyrusUtil are installed correctly, see DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL or PapyrusUtil above.
Make sure the *.[json|txt] data files in the SKSE subfolder of the DynDOLOD output and the DynDOLOD plugins are in sync from the same generation process. Check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Information page in the game that all plugins and files have the same bunch of numbers.
Make sure the *.[json|txt] data files in the SKSE subfolder of the DynDOLOD output are in the load order and can be read. In case DynDOLOD DLL is used, check the c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\[Skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log for errors.

40 minutes ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "DynDOLOD could/can not read/find * DynDOLOD* does not belong to these DynDOLOD plugins"
Make sure SKSE and DynDOLOD DLL or PapyrusUtil are installed correctly, see DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL or PapyrusUtil above.
Make sure the *.[json|txt] data files in the SKSE subfolder of the DynDOLOD output and the DynDOLOD plugins are in sync from the same generation process. Check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Information page in the game that all plugins and files have the same bunch of numbers.
Make sure the *.[json|txt] data files in the SKSE subfolder of the DynDOLOD output are in the load order and can be read. In case DynDOLOD DLL is used, check the c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\[Skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log for errors.

That was it. file out of sync, due to multiple generations combined here manually. The trees of Veydogolt just have too many triangles on average and the LODs need to be decimated a BTO of 0.5 Gb is an order of magnitude bigger than it should be. Some of these hybrids have crowns with 40,000 triangles, so they need to be decimated.

Thanks