DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

12 hours ago, sheson said:

1) Unrelated to complex grass.
https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Object LOD model and full model show at the same time causing texture flicker"
Known as large reference engine bug in Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR that happens just outside the active exterior cells in the uLargeRefLODGridSize area. Pay attention to log message and read their explanations.
Move the slider Large Object Distance on the View Distance tab of the Advanced options of the game launcher to the very left. Alternatively set [General] uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini. If this does not affect the issue see the answers for Out of place or floating objects below.

Maybe the experimental workarounds do not fix the bugs in those cells. Sometimes it can take several seconds before it is cleared. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds#Testing

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Object LOD shows in active exterior cells"
Known as stuck object LOD after fast travel engine bug that can happen after fast travel especially to in Whiterun. Consider using the dynamic LOD option of DynDOLOD which should fix that bug. If dynamic LOD is not used, use the LOD Unloading Bug Fix.
Can be caused by [MapMenu] uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in Skyrim.ini (or SkyrimCustom.INI or a mod INI), especially if there are no object LOD level 32 meshes (which is the vanilla/default). See Trees on the Map for further explanations.

You sure the LOD Level 32 that according to the log were generated are activated when these issues happened?

2) https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-Resources
Whiterun Exterior contains patch files which adds some missing buildings outside the town walls. These buildings are missing from the vanilla game for performance reasons. Includes patches for Cutting Room Floor and Provincial Courier Service. Do not install if there are mods that add/change objects in the WhiterunWorld city worldspace outside the vanilla walls to the south and east.

I suppose I should change the instructions to not install the patches if there are any kind of conflicts in any worldspace. For the foreseeable future that is probably not going to change.

I made a save on the Whiterun watchtower and every time I load the save the grass lod bug appears, even if when I made the save the grass looked completely normal. As I suspected this only happened in large reference cells outside the loaded zone, since changing uLargeRefLODGridSize to 5 apparently fix this. Moving the player character to the previously affected area also makes the lod grass go away. Notice in the screenshots how not all cells are affected by this. I can't seem to find any particular pattern in affected cells either. The second screenshot shows how it looks like up close. I enabled papyrus logging and there doesn't seem to be anything related to SHESON_DynDOLOD scripts in Papyrus.0.log. Should I disable large reference bugs workarounds and regenerate DynDOLOD to see what happens?

enb2023_3_3_16_03_43.jpg

enb2023_3_3_16_05_05.jpg

enb2023_3_3_16_37_17.jpg

Papyrus.0.log

44 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

I made a save on the Whiterun watchtower and every time I load the save the grass lod bug appears, even if when I made the save the grass looked completely normal. As I suspected this only happened in large reference cells outside the loaded zone, since changing uLargeRefLODGridSize to 5 apparently fix this. Moving the player character to the previously affected area also makes the lod grass go away. Notice in the screenshots how not all cells are affected by this. I can't seem to find any particular pattern in affected cells either. The second screenshot shows how it looks like up close. I enabled papyrus logging and there doesn't seem to be anything related to SHESON_DynDOLOD scripts in Papyrus.0.log. Should I disable large reference bugs workarounds and regenerate DynDOLOD to see what happens?

enb2023_3_3_16_03_43.jpg

enb2023_3_3_16_05_05.jpg

enb2023_3_3_16_37_17.jpg

Papyrus.0.log 202.35 kB · 0 downloads

You understand that grass LOD is just object LOD, right? If the bug happens, then all object LOD for all large references in those affected cells should be wrongly loading together with its full model. It may just be not that obvious.

Report the cell coordinates for an affect cell so it can be cross checked with the logs. I assume the large reference bug is constant: it happens every time in an affected cell and only goes away if the the cell is inside the uGridsToLoad or outside the uLargeRefLODGridSize.

22 minutes ago, sheson said:

You understand that grass LOD is just object LOD, right? If the bug happens, then all object LOD for all large references in those affected cells should be wrongly loading together with its full model. It may just be not that obvious.

Report the cell coordinates for an affect cell so it can be cross checked with the logs. I assume the large reference bug is constant: it happens every time in an affected cell and only goes away if the the cell is inside the uGridsToLoad or outside the uLargeRefLODGridSize.

You're right, I checked affected cells more closely and indeed other object lods are also loading when they really shouldn't. It's just not as obvious. Anyway one such affected cell is Cell -3, -4, Block -1, -1, SubBlock -1, -1. Also after moving the player character there, I noticed some cells that newly enters the uLargeRefLODGridSize zone began to be affected by large reference bug as well.

19 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

You're right, I checked affected cells more closely and indeed other object lods are also loading when they really shouldn't. It's just not as obvious. Anyway one such affected cell is Cell -3, -4, Block -1, -1, SubBlock -1, -1. Also after moving the player character there, I noticed some cells that newly enters the uLargeRefLODGridSize zone began to be affected by large reference bug as well.

Upload the log and debug from that LOD patch generation that is being used in these tests.
Upload c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log from a game load with the affected cell.
Upload ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Worlds.txt, DynDOLOD_Tamriel.txt and DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.txt from the output folder.

22 minutes ago, sheson said:

Upload the log and debug from that LOD patch generation that is being used in these tests.
Upload c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log from a game load with the affected cell.
Upload ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Worlds.txt, DynDOLOD_Tamriel.txt and DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.txt from the output folder.

If you're asking for DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt, I'm testing with the same DynDOLOD output (with modified complex grass billboard) with which I tested complex grass lods earlier, so they are still here:https://anonfiles.com/B4Vdz1b2z1/Logs_and_ENB_setting_zip

The other four files you requested is attached here.

Log and stuff.zip

4 hours ago, heheloveer said:

If you're asking for DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt, I'm testing with the same DynDOLOD output (with modified complex grass billboard) with which I tested complex grass lods earlier, so they are still here:https://anonfiles.com/B4Vdz1b2z1/Logs_and_ENB_setting_zip

The other four files you requested is attached here.

Log and stuff.zip 429.2 kB · 1 download

Thanks! This should be fixed in the next alpha version.

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

Thanks! This should be fixed in the next alpha version.

Glad to have helped! Erm, and I just thought of some other lod related things... I've been spending too much time on far away things and looked too closely at them recently. One of them is terrain lod related, I think, so I'll report it in the xLODGen thread. As for the other one, I use Skyrim 3D Windmill and after running DynDOLOD I found the LOD model still resembles the vanilla windmill. Is this expected behavior? The mod doesn't come with any lod assets.

22 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

Glad to have helped! Erm, and I just thought of some other lod related things... I've been spending too much time on far away things and looked too closely at them recently. One of them is terrain lod related, I think, so I'll report it in the xLODGen thread. As for the other one, I use Skyrim 3D Windmill and after running DynDOLOD I found the LOD model still resembles the vanilla windmill. Is this expected behavior? The mod doesn't come with any lod assets.

Of course that is expected if the mod does not include a matching LOD model or a rule to use the full model for LOD.

https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Replaced-Full-Model-Example-Azura-Statue
https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors

Hey, Sheson. Not sure if anyone posted this issue already but Im having a huge issue with Occlusion generation for some reason. It worked with no issues before, but now for some reason it takes forever and freezes my whole system while generating it. I had to run Dyndolod for 5 hours, just because of the slow Occlusion generation process. Couldnt use my pc during that time at all, system was completely frozen.

So I rerun Dyndolod today without creating Occlusion, and it was finished after ~15 mins, with 41 world spaces being activated. The result was a 6gb zip file. Then In tried to create Occlusion seperately afterwards, just for Tamriel world space, but again during Occlusion generation my whole system froze and one hour has passed and nada.

Any idea what could be causing this? As I said, this worked perfectly fine before with the same system specs. Ive even updated Dyndolod 3 to the latest vrsion, but this didnt fix it. LodGen has the same issue, btw. I use the default Occlusion settings btw. Didnt change anything there.

Edited by Oozaru85

1 hour ago, Oozaru85 said:

Hey, Sheson. Not sure if anyone posted this issue already but Im having a huge issue with Occlusion generation for some reason. It worked with no issues before, but now for some reason it takes forever and freezes my whole system while generating it. I had to run Dyndolod for 5 hours, just because of the slow Occlusion generation process. Couldnt use my pc during that time at all, system was completely frozen.

So I rerun Dyndolod today without creating Occlusion, and it was finished after ~15 mins, with 41 world spaces being activated. The result was a 6gb zip file. Then In tried to create Occlusion seperately afterwards, just for Tamriel world space, but again during Occlusion generation my whole system froze and one hour has passed and nada.

Any idea what could be causing this? As I said, this worked perfectly fine before with the same system specs. Ive even updated Dyndolod 3 to the latest vrsion, but this didnt fix it. LodGen has the same issue, btw. I use the default Occlusion settings btw. Didnt change anything there.

Moved to the DynODLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Long running time or output several GB in file size" and "High memory usage / Out of memory" and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data#Out-of-Memory-while-Generating-Occlusion-Data

I'm new here so forgive me if this question isn't where it belongs. I had had some issues with my game crashing and while I believe I have fixed said issues, I wanted to go through every log to be sure I don't have any other possible (even if harmless) conflicts. I was going through the plugin logs and this was the DynDOLOD.log:

DynDOLOD Plugin 2.45.0 for Skyrim Script Extender 64 2.2.2 for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.640.0

My game version is 1.6.640 and SKSE 2.2.3 which is the most recent version up on silverlock. One particular crash may have been caused by occlusion but after running DynDOLOD again, the problem resolved. I'm not currently having any issues and I went through and resolved any errors that had come up during the process. I still wanted to verify if I'm still kosher using this version. I am up to date on everything. Thanks!

FYI: I have confirmed that using "End Task" to force-kill AMD Adrenaline and other related AMD processes on my system resolves the long-running TexGen process. Tested with same LO, and my 35 minute TexGen run was reduced to about 4 minutes as expected. I haven't tested with DynDOLOD runtime yet.

Running latest Adrenaline drivers and Alpha 118

LODGen failed after quite a long time testing a new land/grass setup with Veydogolt Overhaul, Veydogolt Trees, and Veydogolt Trees - Extra Trees after cleaning out all of the redundant NIFs (found by deduction using combinations of the DynDOLOD xEdit scripts) and re-making all of the LODs correctly. Only DynDOLOD.esm was saved. No bugreport.txt generated.

Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

Logs

suspect plugins

This mod has lots of grasses. I have 64 Gb RAM, and memory use never went above 60%, but CPU maxed at times for LODGenx64.

By the way, the fixed Veydogolt tree you posted earlier I think is mislabeled as treepineforest03, but I have this one as treepineforest04_F7CE5204passthru_lod.nif and have verified against the full source that is referenced by skyrim.esm. Veydogolt Trees has no plugin and is supposed to only be providing models for vanilla with custom textures. A variant of treepineforest04 also exists in the tree mod under a subfolder with corresponding treepineforest04_02B81171passthru_lod.nif. I have fixed this by placing that subfolder under the appropriate mod, Veydogolt Trees - Extra Trees, whose plugin references this tree. Anyway, my issue is related to LODGen and not in-game CTD.

I don't think the LODGen fail is related to trees after applying my fixes, but there are three full models with radius 0.00 that I did not fix, so not sure if that would disrupt. I'm thinking it's related to all the grass records in Veydogolt.esp. My next step is to generate by worldspace and possibly run occlusion separately.

System specs are in my sig.

EDIT: After attempting a run on only DLC2SolsteimWorld, LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt failed at different coordinates than in the first run, so it's not any particular BTO, I assume.

LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt

9 hours ago, kn1ghtradiant said:

I'm new here so forgive me if this question isn't where it belongs. I had had some issues with my game crashing and while I believe I have fixed said issues, I wanted to go through every log to be sure I don't have any other possible (even if harmless) conflicts. I was going through the plugin logs and this was the DynDOLOD.log:

DynDOLOD Plugin 2.45.0 for Skyrim Script Extender 64 2.2.2 for Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.640.0

My game version is 1.6.640 and SKSE 2.2.3 which is the most recent version up on silverlock. One particular crash may have been caused by occlusion but after running DynDOLOD again, the problem resolved. I'm not currently having any issues and I went through and resolved any errors that had come up during the process. I still wanted to verify if I'm still kosher using this version. I am up to date on everything. Thanks!

LOD Occlusion data can not cause CTD.

The Nexus mod pages linked from https://dyndolod.info/Downloads always have the latest version.