DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

4 hours ago, star_death69 said:

Good Morning!

So what I did do yesterday:

I disabled A-XMP on my Bios. All other overclock settings were on Auto. I reran Texgen with the same old result.
For fun I also tried to work with 6 render threads which threw an exception almost immediately after entering the "Create Textures" step.

What mod is the Textures\cubemaps\ShinyBright_e.dds in your load order from?

8 minutes ago, sheson said:

What mod is the Textures\cubemaps\ShinyBright_e.dds in your load order from?

The ShinyBright_e.dds seems to be in the mods Quality CubeMaps - HD Cube Maps OptimizedHD CubeMap CollectionKDCirclets Redone by zzjay and Detailed NPCs - KD Circlets Redone for NPCs (SPID), in that order. So the last one that overrides them in MO2 is Detailed NPCs - KD Circlets Redone for NPCs (SPID).

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Yes, comparing the not found billboard filenames from the LODGen log message with the created billboard filenames from the TexGen log it is apparent that they do not match.

Replace LODGenx64Win.exe with this test version https://mega.nz/file/5MAAgYrQ#ieDfR3kCL68ykFh9WNxA6rc7ERJcBxBcl8L4sqPQ0Ng and Execute LODGen in expert mode https://dyndolod.info/Help/Expert-Mode and check if it finds/uses the correct billboard filenames.

With this version the grass lods are indeed found in the meshes and the file size is more or less the same with my previous working output. I didn't enable verbose this time so the logs don't contain much information, but I imagine it's working alright. Thanks for the help!

Edit: just enabled verbose and generated a single LOD4 area. Sure enough there isn't any "grass mapping not found" message in the logs.

Edited by heheloveer

10 minutes ago, star_death69 said:

I've disable the Last tow mods (with the circlets) and reran TexGen here are the logs: Logs_20230221_1306.7z

Unless I am checking the wrong Circlets mods on Nexus, they do not contains the texture at the path Textures\cubemaps\ShinyBright_e.dds bit at a different path.

What happens if you click "Preview" under the Rendered Object LOD Textures and look at DynDOLOD\Render\Skyrim\Objects\dlc01\lod\seruinswindowslod.nif ?

19 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

With this version the grass lods are indeed found in the meshes and the file size is more or less the same with my previous working output. I didn't enable verbose this time so the logs don't contain much information, but I imagine it's working alright. Thanks for the help!

Edit: just enabled verbose and generated a single LOD4 area. Sure enough there isn't any "grass mapping not found" message in the logs.

Thanks for letting us know.

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

Unless I am checking the wrong Circlets mods on Nexus, they do not contains the texture at the path Textures\cubemaps\ShinyBright_e.dds bit at a different path.

What happens if you click "Preview" under the Rendered Object LOD Textures and look at DynDOLOD\Render\Skyrim\Objects\dlc01\lod\seruinswindowslod.nif ?

That is true, they seem to be under a different path.
image.thumb.png.3ce4332309ffc3ad4dace8711601ee67.png

These are the logs if I disable all for mods: Logs_20230221_1318.7z

If I preview the seruinswindowslod.nif, they look like that:

image.thumb.png.ee99b9f031b0a85a0ebb32578c6f358d.pngimage.thumb.png.1805a46003ce6862acccb05ef6408fcf.png

On the first glance they do not look wrong to me.

23 minutes ago, star_death69 said:

That is true, they seem to be under a different path.
image.thumb.png.3ce4332309ffc3ad4dace8711601ee67.png

These are the logs if I disable all for mods: Logs_20230221_1318.7z

If I preview the seruinswindowslod.nif, they look like that:

image.thumb.png.ee99b9f031b0a85a0ebb32578c6f358d.pngimage.thumb.png.1805a46003ce6862acccb05ef6408fcf.png

On the first glance they do not look wrong to me.

See what happens with this test version https://mega.nz/file/sQBEQYiA#4x0xGGPisn1rLJNaiHV005p9qWbGl2ZyuXIFSto-P_Q

6 hours ago, CBSkyrimModding said:

Thank you, will do. One more quick question: I've cleaned, sorted, and resolved all issues reported by LOOT, but the Step guide recommends using the following LOD mods:

xLODGen Resource - SSE Terrain Tamriel_Extended
Far Object LOD Improvement Project SSE
DynDOLOD Bright Waterfall Fix for ENB
Aspens Ablaze Add-On - DynDOLOD 3
Glacier LOD Meshes

Just to be clear, in addition to your other instructions, you want me to disable all of these before running a clean pass of TexGen?

First, no, do not disable any LOD resource mods (like these) other than xLOSGen Resource, which is for terrain LOD only and should only be enabled when generating terrain LOD.

Second, some of those mods are not recommended in the Step SSE guides. Leave all LOD resource mods active, but disable anything with pre-generated billboards or LOD

Also, use the latest Alpha 115 now.